Windows 10: virus alert

Discus and support virus alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; defender finds a virus, quarantined the virus. I remove all the quarantined viruses. the threat alert pm the bottom right of the screen slices over... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dianarobert1, Aug 16, 2018.

1. virus alert

defender finds a virus, quarantined the virus. I remove all the quarantined viruses. the threat alert pm the bottom right of the screen slices over with the same virus alert. I remove the quarantined virus.. the alert alerts again. this keeps repeating. the virus is "Bruser modifier Win 32/Polteci

<Moved from Insider>

:)

dianarobert1, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Virus alert from microsoft edge

Hello jodemo,

The alert you received about virus is a common scam. We suggest that you close Microsoft Edge immediately. Make sure not to restore the sessions when you reopen Microsoft Edge.

In addition, we highly recommend you to follow the steps provided by Bruce Hagen MVP on this
    thread link.

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Aug 16, 2018
  4. GR5821 Win User

virus alert

ActiveSync Gives Virus Alert

I recently purchased a used ASUS A626 Pocket PC. It seems to work fine. When I attach my USB cable and try to sync the PPC to my desktop, I get a virus alert, "Trojan Horse, Deep Throat". I installed virus software on the PPC and scanned, no virus found.
    I ran my virus software on my desktop no virus found. It was suggested that I run malware software and again nothing found. The only time my desktop reports a virus intusion is when I try and sync my PPC. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

GR5821, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

virus alert

1. virus alert - Similar Threads - virus alert

2. device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection: device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-security-alert-windows-security-action/b40fc6db-d3a8-423d-9467-dc9292ec9248
  3. device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection: device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-security-alert-windows-security-action/b40fc6db-d3a8-423d-9467-dc9292ec9248
  4. Urgent Assistance Needed: Persistent Virus Alert on Windows 10 Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Persistent Virus Alert on Windows 10 Restart: Recently, I inadvertently installed a virus through some questionable links, triggering a virus alert. Initially, I attempted to remove it by clicking on the "remove" action within the alert. However, it didn't seem to have any effect. Subsequently, I mistakenly clicked on...
  5. Urgent Assistance Needed: Persistent Virus Alert on Windows 10 Restart

Urgent Assistance Needed: Persistent Virus Alert on Windows 10 Restart: Recently, I inadvertently installed a virus through some questionable links, triggering a virus alert. Initially, I attempted to remove it by clicking on the "remove" action within the alert. However, it didn't seem to have any effect. Subsequently, I mistakenly clicked on...
  6. Urgent Assistance Needed: Persistent Virus Alert on Windows 10 Restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  8. Defender virus alert won't go away

Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  9. How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?: My system is clean of viruses and malware[ I have done many scans] but the false alerts continue on the right side of whatever windows is open. I tied to kill the browser process but the alert stays even on my desktop. Is there a way to stop notifications in Windows?...
  10. How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?

How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?: My system is clean of viruses and malware[ I have done many scans] but the false alerts continue on the right side of whatever windows is open. I tied to kill the browser process but the alert stays even on my desktop. Is there a way to stop notifications in Windows?...