Windows 10: VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

Discus and support VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TA'LORE1, Aug 22, 2018.

1. TA'LORE1 Win User

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution.

:)

TA'LORE1, Aug 22, 2018
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Virus & Threat Protection

Hi Steven, while Controlled Folder Access is going to be a great feature, for the moment, until the rest of the software community catch up, your best option is to turn that feature off for now

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to find Controlled folder access

Turn that option off

DaveM121, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE - Similar Threads - VIRUS THREAT PROTECTION

2. Virus and threat protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection.: I am unable to access the virus and threat protection in windows security. It says the IT administrator has blocked the virus page. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection/c5a65ada-4cd2-433a-9b43-ac39b275cc35
  3. Virus & threat protection

Virus & threat protection: I am trying to disable Real-time protection, but I must first turn off Tamper protection. But when I try to do that, it says "This setting is managed by your administrator". I have tried going to Registry editor and changing some things, but it didn't work.I also tried...
  4. Virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection: hi guys I just temporary disable windows defender in win 11 as I was installing a pirated software and now my windows virus and security application wont work.... As soon as I click on virus and security A popup shows ....... Screenshot below help me make my win defender work...
  5. Virus & threat Protection Update

Virus & threat Protection Update: Hello! Greeting for the Day I am unable to update my Virus & threat protection in windows security as it mentions protections definitions are out of date. Means while clicking on Check for updates . Virus threat protection is not getting updated. please do the needful...
  6. virus and threat protection updates

virus and threat protection updates: Everyday when I turn on my pc, i get a notification saying to update my virus and threat protection because it is out of date. But when i click on the check for updates button it says that my virus and threat protection is up to date. Please help me....
  7. Virus and Threat Protection Updates

Virus and Threat Protection Updates: I am getting a notification everyday saying that my protection definitions for virus and threat protection is out of date and that i should update it. But when i click on the update button it only loads. And when i click on the blue "check for updates" button under it, it...
  8. virus and threat protections

virus and threat protections: when I open windows security , virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization, I don't have an organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protections/40fdda5a-d544-4303-81d1-0b02ca6a1db5
  9. Virus and Threat Protection Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus and Threat Protection Updates: I can't Update Virus and Threat Protection Updates on my PC Windows 10. I got windows 10 by Online Updating request. & now I can not update it. & ask product key or Digital License. I have not any key during 1st time Online Updating of Windows 10. what can I do with this...
  10. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....