Windows 10: Virus blocking attempts of removal via antivirus scan

Discus and support Virus blocking attempts of removal via antivirus scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, So, using Firefox and protected (I thought) by AVIRA and Comodo, I logged on a Yahoo community forum to request info about the latest email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by scop8, Dec 22, 2016.

1. scop8 Win User

Virus blocking attempts of removal via antivirus scan

Hello,

So, using Firefox and protected (I thought) by AVIRA and Comodo, I logged on a Yahoo community forum to request info about the latest email infiltration fiasco. Logged out. Was logged in Facebook all the while, and after 'liking' a BBC video, all went haywire. Any Facebook page kept scrolling down so I could never get to the top, and the cursor in any search window went off to the right and flickered. I tried deleting history and cookies, I did, but when I tried unchecking 'accept cookies' it flickered. Everything was slow, multiple windows of the same thing opened (ie/ Facebook or any page on my actual PC after I disconnected from the net). Closing or moving a Word window or file would not work. clicking on the windows start button bypassed the main features and went always to the Cortana page. I restarted. on the log in page it looked as if someone was typing in a password that I at first could not delete it, then I could and logged in.

Previously, I got advice about using these programs in this order: Rkill, TempFile Cleaner, JRT, ADWCleaner, then ESET Scan.

Upon attempting to start RKill, Windows kept saying it could not start it and program would close. ESET would flicker upon starting so it could not be launched. I tried running AVIRA scan (this after attempts to get to the correct feature - basically, if you hover over the program features, you'd be brought down to the bottom and could not make your way to the top where the launching of the A/V is) and the scan was stuck at 87.8% of hidden files feature, this after detecting 15 hidden files.

I restarted in Safe Mode with Networking, but it keeps only starting in Safe Mode.

Here I was able to launch RKill, but it said nothing was wrong, no malware found. Malwarebytes (with rootkit scan enabled) scan also found no problems.

Currently trying ESET – (of course, I had to download updates for it with no protections *sigh*) scan in progress...

I can't tell the extent of this filthy infiltration, so if anyone has some newest scorched earth cleaning program to check for minute traces of a virus or malware and get rid of it, I'd greatly appreciate it. How can I tell if my computer is clean when all is said and done?

Thanks very much

:)

scop8, Dec 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 Updates stuck at 99% and SkypeSetup.exe fails to download.

Is your system connected via a proxy server?

If not,have you done a virus scan with any antivirus?Looks like any malware is blocking this up but as you cannot download anything you would need to find a way to download Malwarebytes.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 22, 2016
  3. nj15 Win User
    My 7610 has a BIG problem! Need help BADLY!!

The only way to remove the virus is to get an Antivirus and scan it.The AV should remove that annoying virus.Please follow the instructions i've made on the previous post --up there.

4. dencal Win User

Try Disconnecting your Router....start computer and open Task Manager if possible to see if anything suspicious is running or showing in processes, disable if necessary.
    Close down computer, restart Router then computer to see if this solves problem.

Another thing you can try...Settings, Update and Security, Windows Defender......scroll down to Windows Defender Offline.

dencal, Dec 22, 2016
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    You might want to try Norton Power Eraser.

Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.

When you ran RKill did you run it as an administrator? If not then running it as such may allow it to run. I would add that your other malware scanners should also be run as administrator.

Another rootkit tool you can use to check your system is TDSSKiller.

TDSSKiller Download

Virus blocking attempts of removal via antivirus scan [​IMG]
    Note When running TDSSKiller, launch the program, click on the blue text "Change Parameters" & check the box marked "Detect TDLFS File system." Click OK & then run the scan.

Borg 386, Dec 22, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    I don't suppose you are able to do a system restore to get rid of things?

simrick, Dec 27, 2016
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Do you have offline backups, especially of your data, (which is far more important than the Operating systems and applications)?

If so a Nuke and Start again may be the best option

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Virus blocking attempts of removal via antivirus scan - Similar Threads - Virus blocking attempts

2. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....: I attempt to remove a Trojan virus and it claims to have been removed but then prompts me to check the exclusions which are C;\ProgramData C;\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile .exeI then remove these inclusions and then scan again and lo and behold the Trojan virus is...
  3. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....: I attempt to remove a Trojan virus and it claims to have been removed but then prompts me to check the exclusions which are C;\ProgramData C;\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile .exeI then remove these inclusions and then scan again and lo and behold the Trojan virus is...
  4. Virus not removed after attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus not removed after attempts.: Appears that I have computer virus. I did scan and it shows up Wacatac.h!ml. You can see here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fWacatac.H!ml&threatid=2147814523It says in C:\Program Files...
  5. Virus not removed after attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus not removed after attempts.: Appears that I have computer virus. I did scan and it shows up Wacatac.h!ml. You can see here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fWacatac.H!ml&threatid=2147814523It says in C:\Program Files...
  6. Virus not removed after attempts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. virus scan and removal

virus scan and removal: hello, how can i scan and remove viruses? is there any tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-and-removal/c1428f4c-fee2-474a-b2a9-d9f3daba5e3a
  8. virus scan blocking downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan blocking downloads: I cannot download/open any pdf files from email or internet. Keeps giving me virus scan failed. Is there a setting that I need to adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-blocking-downloads/414b2886-73de-447e-9051-28ea322d2a16
  9. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  10. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is blocking a threat via an antivirus ok vs removal?