Windows 10: Virus detected

Discus and support Virus detected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CJTam, Aug 4, 2021.

1. CJTam Win User

Virus detected

I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I click on it?

:)

CJTam, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Malwarebytes Detects 'prefs.js' as a Virus - Help!

The email indicates that you have an FVD Media Inc extension installed. The email belongs to the developer.

Bing can be removed - it's not suspicious.

Type aboutVirus detected :preferences#search in the address bar. Make sure that bing is non-default then in the search engine list highlight bing and remove.

Virus detected [​IMG]

I would still suggest clean installing firefox and that means removing leftovers after uninstall.

Callender, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Virus detected

MBAR cannot detect HPReyos

Hi

I used UnHackMe with Full and Rootkit scan active and it removed every files the virus has infected. It deleted FireFox but that's fine for me Virus detected :)

Thank you for the suggestions simrick, I will use these steps if I encounter another virus in my computer.

RoasterMen, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Virus detected

1. Virus detected - Similar Threads - Virus detected

2. Is the notification stating Virus detected valid?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the notification stating Virus detected valid?: I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I click on it?[Original Title: Virus detected]...
  3. Virus and threat protection keep detecting Trojan:Win32/Lodap!rts , HackTool:Win32/PWDump.C ,

Virus and threat protection keep detecting Trojan:Win32/Lodap!rts , HackTool:Win32/PWDump.C ,: Hello,I completed full scan, quick scan and tried to use remove option in my windows 10. but still Virus and threat protection keep detecting Trojan:Win32/Lodap!rts , HackTool:Win32/PWDump.C , i also ran Microsoft safety scanner but it saying noting found. what i can do to...
  4. Virus/Malware issue, unable to permanently detect or remove from anti-virus

Virus/Malware issue, unable to permanently detect or remove from anti-virus: Hello,I'm dealing with a browser extension name "zHelpBlock" virus or malware. It's folder path is "C:ProgramData:"Tjdu" which is a hidden folder. While it says EMPTY but on opening there is a sub folder who's name changes every time. In "Tjdu" folder there's a sub folder...
  5. Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't

Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't: I downloaded Process Explorer to see why System was using up a lot of my CPU. In the program you can make it so that programs currently running are scanned by TotalVirus.com. After enabling this feature I saw that a number of programs, like games, processes, and system apps...
  6. Windows Security Virus & Threat Detection

Windows Security Virus & Threat Detection: Windows Security in Windows 10 - The Virus & Threat Detection tells me I need to renew my McAfee protection. But I have McAfee Multi-Access FREE as a benefit of my AOL subscription. When I open McAfee it shows my subscription as Active and does not indicate it is expiring. My...
  7. Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,In my last virus scan my antivirus program presumably detected a high risk item and deleted it. The item name goes like this; "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_10.2.1810..........and it goes on"AV program identifies it as "Heur.Generic." Was that a...
  8. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  9. "download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere?

"download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere?: I was trying to download a file.pdf from the net, on clicking download using microsoft edge, a zip file appeared in the file manager. I opened the zip file without extracting it to check if it was a the file i was looking for. It turned out to be an .exe file. But before i...
  10. Windows banloader virus detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows banloader virus detected: So I was away from my computer for a couple of hours and when I came back, windows had detected a virus called banloader, I researched it and it appears to be a trojan that is used to collect bank passwords and stuff of this nature. Is it safe to just format my computer?...