Windows 10: virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

Discus and support virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am afraid to click scan. New computer. Lenovo Was looking for fonts. 79694 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by purplelover, Mar 18, 2017.

1. virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

I am afraid to click scan. New computer. Lenovo Was looking for fonts.

:)

purplelover, Mar 18, 2017

2. Virus alert. Told to call a number.

I received a virus alert stating Microsoft found a virus and would be blocking my computer and to call a number

the page disappeared don't know if it is legit can you help me?

Original title: virus alert

sandraatkinson47, Mar 18, 2017
  3. is this site legit windows security virus

Hi Sahanjay,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply:

1. Which browser do you use to access internet?

2. Does this site appear as a pop-up or when you click on a particular link or application?

I would suggest you run a full antivirus scan and check if the issue isn't due to a virus.

If you do not have an antivirus then, enable Windows Defender and check for virus.

To enable Windows Defender, follow the steps.

1. Press Windows key and click on Settings > Update and Security > Windows Defender.

2. Switch On all the options visible.

Also, delete caches (temporary files) and add-ons.

If you use Microsoft Edge, then click on the link below and follow the steps:

Can I clear the browsing history information or other information that Microsoft Edge saves on my device?

How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

NOT LEGIT! Get outta there, leave that page!
    Clear your history/cache, etc., close your browser and let Windows Defender scan your PC.

Edwin, Mar 18, 2017
  5. Will do......thanks again.

Looking for free, not trial Malware Bytes any chance you know where to find it?????

6. SoFine409 Win User
    I recall reading in another thread that with the recent upgrade Malewarebytes won't be offering a fee version for another few months. Jump over to the Virus and Security forum and you'll find lots of free scanners that should the job as good or better than Malewarebytes.

SoFine409, Mar 18, 2017
  7. Well I downloaded it but it said mine was expired had to take one without real time "something". Running it now, still have to clear cache, shut down browser etc.

Thanks everyone for your much needed help. *chuckle*chuckle*chuckle

8. virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

If you stay with, or revert to Malwarebytes 2.x, the license is free to scan and clean.

Malwarebytes 2.2.1.1043 is still available and can be downloaded:
    Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Select the green middle button.

cottonball, Mar 18, 2017
  9. SoFine409 Win User
    Hey thanks cottonball, I was looking for that link!
    Bob

SoFine409, Mar 18, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    Whats the name of the virus it has found and can you post a screen shot of the report.

swarfega, Mar 18, 2017
  11. TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    Is Zemana free? I saw nothing about that on their website.

swarfega, Mar 18, 2017
  13. virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

Scroll down. *Smile It is free for scanning and removal, after 15 days paid functions will be disabled.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

1. virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification? - Similar Threads - virus found legit

2. Microsoft Defender How to Remove a Virus That Was Found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender How to Remove a Virus That Was Found: I recently just switched to Defender and having trouble trying to delete the files that it identifies as a virus.On one scan, within the box identifying the file there is a "V" to access more options. I was able to check 'remove' there and proceed. However, when I manually...
  3. Microsoft Defender How to Remove a Virus That Was Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender How to Remove a Virus That Was Found: I recently just switched to Defender and having trouble trying to delete the files that it identifies as a virus.On one scan, within the box identifying the file there is a "V" to access more options. I was able to check 'remove' there and proceed. However, when I manually...
  4. Microsoft Defender How to Remove a Virus That Was Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus found

Virus found: I saw an edge update try to download without me clicking anything, then it cancelled the download and said virus detected. So, I immediately checked for updates and did a full computer scan. The scan came back clean and I had pending updates. I updated everything and...
  6. windows update legit or virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update legit or virus?: Couple days I had a message saying update for windows available. Could take a while and going off and on something like that It popped in the notification section bottom right of the computer that little screen looking icon When you press that icon was in that section as...
  7. Is this a legit Microsoft Website?

Is this a legit Microsoft Website?: Hello, so I got this advertisment and was wondering whether this is a verified website or just a phishing one? IoT Whitepaper Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-a-legit-microsoft-website/1d0cb2ff-c835-4996-a153-316b61d07d9c
  8. Legit Update or Virus?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Legit Update or Virus?: i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do...
  9. Legit Update or Virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    Legit Update or Virus?: i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do...
  10. windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus: is it legit or is it a virus. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-assistant-ungrade-is-it-legit-or-a-virus/f9058b5d-8bbd-4565-9807-dd3f6b34da18

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus found microsoft

2. microsoft virus found

3. virus found scam microsoft

4. virus notification from microsoft,
  5. virus found on microsoft is trustworthy,
  6. microsoft windows notification virus,
  7. windows security check virus found,
  8. virus found beep microsoft,
  9. microsoft virus found message scan now,
  10. mircosfot virus found,
  11. virus found - microsft,