Windows 10: Virus / Malware

Discus and support Virus / Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit About two weeks ago, I would get periodic popups in the form of a new tab in Edge. On the new tab, it said: “Congratulations... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stecyk, May 28, 2018.

1. Stecyk Win User

Virus / Malware

- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

About two weeks ago, I would get periodic popups in the form of a new tab in Edge. On the new tab, it said:

“Congratulations User!
    You have been selected today to receive a FREE iPhone X, PlayStation 4 or Samsung Galaxy S6!
    Please click OK to claim the prize before we giveaway to somebody else!”

Obviously, this is bad news.

I searched and found this website:

Remove scam (Removal Guide) - updated Mar 2018

It suggested removing recent suspicious programs and clearing out your cache and other stuff from Edge. I did so.

For about ten days, the malware did not reappear. Today it did reappear once again.

I have scanned with Norton 360. It says my computer is clean.

I have run Malwarebytes, and again, it says my computer is clean.

But I know I have malware that is present.

This popup occurs at random times. It will suddenly rear its ugly head by announcing over my speakers that I have won something.

How do I find this thing and get rid of it?

:)

Stecyk, May 28, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, May 29, 2018
  3. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sidecubes-virus/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Virus / Malware

1. Virus / Malware - Similar Threads - Virus Malware

2. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  3. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  4. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Malware Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware Virus: my laptop just got malware injected, and im using Windows 11 Home 23H2.the malware was looked like this the picture i already use HitmanPro malware remover and found it on C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Roaming\rasctrs with the exact date on the folder i got hacked is theres...
  6. Malware Virus

Malware Virus: my laptop just got malware injected, and im using Windows 11 Home 23H2.the malware was looked like this the picture i already use HitmanPro malware remover and found it on C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Roaming\rasctrs with the exact date on the folder i got hacked is theres...
  7. False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help: As I inserted a USB in my windows 11 PC, windows secuirty Windows Defender detected vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus. Now I have checked with couple of Anti-Virus but no one is showing the virus, But Windows Security Windows Defender is still telling me that my PC is infected with...
  8. False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help

False Positive vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus malware : Please Help: As I inserted a USB in my windows 11 PC, windows secuirty Windows Defender detected vbs/pordeezy.rb!lnk virus. Now I have checked with couple of Anti-Virus but no one is showing the virus, But Windows Security Windows Defender is still telling me that my PC is infected with...
  9. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  10. not able to remove virus/malware

not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...