Windows 10: Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up

Discus and support Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried Googling this to no avail. Windows gives me this notification (plus infuriating noise) every few seconds: Virus Protection (Security and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aralez, Oct 23, 2016.

1. aralez Win User

Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up

I tried Googling this to no avail.

Windows gives me this notification (plus infuriating noise) every few seconds:

Virus Protection (Security and Maintenance)

That's all - there seems to be no actual information just that it wants me to look at my virus settings. All I use this laptop for is uni work, I have another laptop for general web browsing, torrenting, streaming etc. so I find it hard to believe I have a virus. Regardless I checked my virus software (McAfee) was all up to date and did a few scans. All clean. Pop up still going. Clicking it and clicking close have no effect. It's still going.

:)

aralez, Oct 23, 2016
  2. SanCanAn Win User

Can't download photos into Windows 10

There was a pop up notification from the virus protection preventing the app from allowing me to import. The virus protection pop up has been disabled. I did have to take the computer to a technician.

Thank you to all who have been kind and giving me possible solutions.

SanCanAn, Oct 23, 2016
  3. windows defender scanning stopped

whenever I want to scan my laptop using windows defender it says that my PC is protected and when i click the scan, it starts scanning and then stop in the middle part of the scan. It says that

"Your PC couldn't be scanned. This program's service has stopped. You can start the service manually or restart you computer, which will start the service."then it will say that

real-time protection: off

virus and spyware definitions: out of date so i will click the start. and it says that virus and spyware definitions: created 21 days ago and because the real time protection is off so i will click the turn it on and I will scan it again and the result
    will be the same. even though I restarted and PC and when i update the virus and spyware definitions a dialog box pop up in the middle of installing "Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated. This app couldn't check for virus and spyware definition
    updates. Check your internet or network connection and try again". and when i close the dialog box it says that virus and spyware definitions is up to date..

need help for this repeating and repeating problem in scanning...

Mary Rose Cuario, Oct 23, 2016
  4. XweAponX Win User

It's an "Action Center" setting. I think it is the same for Windows 7/8/10. Just shut off notifications for AV progs there.

Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up [​IMG]

I don't know if newer releases of Win 10 removed this setting from Control Panel and hidden it in Settings somewhere, but I think it is still in the Control Panel under Security/Action Center

XweAponX, Oct 23, 2016
  5. aralez,

Welcome to the forum!

If using Version 1607 of Windows 10, go to: Control Panel > Security and Maintenance
    In Security and Maintenance, check: Security > Virus Protection
    Is it on, or Off?

-You can check which version of Windows 10 your PC is currently running by clicking the Start button, then click: Settings > System > About
    Look at Edition and Version.

-To get to Control Panel, just type the words in the Ask me anything area of the TaskBar at the bottom of the screen.

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Virus Protection Repeated Pop-Up - Similar Threads - Virus Protection Repeated

2. Virus and Threat Protection Not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Not showing up: I would like to start out by saying that I previously had every single virus and threat protection feature available; I have never added a school or work account; and I have no parental features enabled for any reason. Whenever Windows is reinstalled, my laptop comes by...
  3. Virus and Threat Protection Not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Not showing up: I would like to start out by saying that I previously had every single virus and threat protection feature available; I have never added a school or work account; and I have no parental features enabled for any reason. Whenever Windows is reinstalled, my laptop comes by...
  4. microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?: I was watching a football match on my laptop and I got a pop up message "Microsoft.Yourphone" I have attached a screenshot. I didn't run the app and I don't remember installing Microsoft your phone, is this a virus?...
  5. microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?: I was watching a football match on my laptop and I got a pop up message "Microsoft.Yourphone" I have attached a screenshot. I didn't run the app and I don't remember installing Microsoft your phone, is this a virus?...
  6. microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Virus and Protection not showing up.

Virus and Protection not showing up.: I have been having many difficulties getting the "Viruses and Protection" list to work. It disappeared a while ago and I would like to get it back. I have tried almost every way and am not sure why this will still not work. The first method was the open "Open Local Group...
  8. virus and threat protection repeatedly showing up same malwares after removing them

virus and threat protection repeatedly showing up same malwares after removing them: sir, my windows 10 has been repeatedly showing lot of malwares even after removing them using offline scan kindly look into the issue. for a few days after doing a offline scan and removing the virus and threat protection remains green but again after some days it...
  9. (3) virus pop-up

(3) virus pop-up: I have unsuccessfully tried to find this adware/malware in my files to remove it. My virus scanner continues to show 0 viruses, yet this annoying pop-up happens every time I access Firefox or Google. Any suggestions how to end it?...
  10. Browser repeatedly popping up.

in Browsers and Email
    Browser repeatedly popping up.: Howdy! I am a new member here,so excuse me if I post on the wrong section about my problem. Basically I currently have windows 10 for around a year,and had no problems whatsoever.However,I booted my laptop today only to come across a very annoying issue indeed,which...