Windows 10: Visual artifacts on primary monitor

Discus and support Visual artifacts on primary monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Edmunds Reiznieks, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all white.This does not happen on the rest of the monitors.I know this is not a direct hardware issue since if I disconnect my other 2 monitors the glitches don't appear on the primary at all.I've tried to do all the regular stuff like switching ports, updating drivers etc., however none of that fixes it and so far I have found ver

:)

Edmunds Reiznieks, Feb 21, 2024

2. Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my secondary Monitor showing massive artifacts and the whole system lagging for the duration the artifacts are on screen. Those artifacts only appear when a fullscreen application is running on the primary display (Games, Video) and the secondary monitor is in focus. GPU usage does not matter.So far I have found out that this issue does not happen if I drive both monitors with the same refresh rate. Unfortunately this is not a solution to me since I would like to use the whole 240hz of my primary screen while my secondary can only do 144hz.

I have also noted occasional micro-stutters in games when something on the secondary monitor is happening like Spotify changing song or Videos playing.

Video showing the issue:
    The issue is pretty tame in the video, sometimes it goes completely crazy.

The artifacts do not show when recording a Video on OS Level with OBS or the AMD Software.

I have pretty much tried everything that came to my mind with no effects whatsoever so i'm getting kinda desperate here:

• Changed Monitor PSU
    • Changed DP Cable
    • Tried HDMI @ 60Hz
    • Switched Ports on GPU
    • Cleaned and reseated GPU
    • Tried a different GPU (also 6900XT)
    • Removed GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled
    • Tried old Drivers, one from April this year and one from the end of last year
    • Disable Freesync
    • Changed various Windows Settings (Game Mode, Windowed Optimizations, VRR)
    • Tested SSD, RAM and VRAM
    Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6900XT MERC319 BLACK 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

BIOS Version: L5.01

RAM: 4x 16384MB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 80 PLUS Gold 850W

Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro 22H2

GPU Drivers: Adrenaline 23.7.2

Chipset Drivers: 5.05.16.529

Primary Screen: ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQDM @ 240hz, 2560x1440 with Freesync enabled

Secondary Screen: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q @ 120hz, 1440x2560 Portrait

Background Applications: Discord, Brave, Spotify, Steam, PowerToys, ShareX, Bitwarden, Wallpaper Engine, Taiga, DisplayCAL Profile Loader

TheLunaticNeko, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Visual artifacts on primary monitor

1. Visual artifacts on primary monitor - Similar Threads - Visual artifacts primary

2. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  3. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  4. Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary: Hello everyone,I have an issue with my secondary Monitor showing massive artifacts and the whole system lagging for the duration the artifacts are on screen. Those artifacts only appear when a fullscreen application is running on the primary display Games, Video and the...
  5. Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary Montior Artifacting/Lagging when Application in Fullscreen on Primary: Hello everyone,I have an issue with my secondary Monitor showing massive artifacts and the whole system lagging for the duration the artifacts are on screen. Those artifacts only appear when a fullscreen application is running on the primary display Games, Video and the...
  6. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  7. Icons to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons to primary monitor: I added a monitor to my tv/monitor for a dual screen setup. Windows automatically made the pc monitor the main screen and moved all my icons there. I want the tv as main so I changed it and the icons moved automatically. I decided I didn't like the tv as the main and once...
  8. Primary Monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary Monitor goes black: I posted this same exact question in January. I was able to get it resolved by performing an In-Place upgrade, as suggested. That worked, until about a week ago. Now I am having the same exact issue again. I tried doing an In-Place upgrade again, and it did not resolve...
  9. Monitor artifacting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...