Windows 10: Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available

Discus and support Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the release of Visual Studio 2017, we moved to a release schedule that delivers new features and fixes to you faster. With this faster iteration,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available

Source: Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available | The Visual Studio Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 23, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows WDK on Visual Studio 2017 Community

John you are correct, Windows WDK is not currently supported on Visual Studio 2017. Windows WDK RS1 and RS2 are both supported on Visual Studio 2015.

Please Note: There is no need to uninstall Visual Studio 2017, you can run Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 side by side

DaveM121, Apr 23, 2018
  3. Removed program still shown in windows start menu search

Hey there,

I've been trying to find someone with this same issue. I've got the same problem, and I've tried the other methods (including several to try to CLEAR the search caches) to no avail.

I'm having a similar issue with having just uninstalled the Community copy of Visual Studio 2015 to upgrade to 2017. Now I cannot see any of the programs (Visual Studio, Blend, and Tools for Unity) for the 2017 programs, but the 2015 ones show up still in
    my search and cannot be clicked in any respect.

Just know you're not alone with the issue, and I'll be following this topic (hopefully) for a solution.

EDIT: Just noticed I am having the same issue with Python 3.6 now after uninstalling Visual Studio 2017.

AtmaEpsilon, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available

1. Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2017

2. visual studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 now available: Today, we are releasing Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9. The easiest way to update is directly from within Visual Studio 2017 by selecting Help>Check for Updates or select “Update” from the Visual Studio Installer. You can also download from the Visual Studio website to get...
  4. Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information: Yesterday, we covered What’s next for Visual Studio for Mac, and today we’ve updated our Visual Studio Roadmap so you can see the latest news about what we’re working on. We’re particularly excited to share this update since it includes information about the first preview of...
  5. Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6 Preview 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6 Preview 2 now available: In this article, you will find information regarding the current Preview release for Visual Studio 2017. Click the button to download the latest preview release. [img] [img] Note This release is not "go-live" and not intended for use on production computers or...
  6. Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.6 Preview available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.6 Preview available: [Hello, we are looking to improve your experience on the Visual Studio Blog. It will be very helpful if you could share your feedback via this short survey that should take less than 2 minutes to fill out. Thanks!] A few days ago we released Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5...
  7. Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017: You might want to use the Visual Studio Modeling SDK if you have one of these requirements: Create Graphical or Form-Based modeling designers. For these, you can use the DSL Tools Enable transformation of T4 templates part of the build. For these you can use the T4 SDK...
  8. Python support is now stable in Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Python support is now stable in Visual Studio 2017: Today we have released our next update to Visual Studio 2017, and it’s the one you’ve been waiting for. As of today, the Python development and Data Science and Analytical Applications workloads are stable and ready for production use. You can read our post on the Visual...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap: This document provides a peek into what's next for Visual Studio. It captures some of the significant features we are currently committed to, and a rough timeframe for when you can expect to see them. It is not a comprehensive list of all new features in Visual Studio, but is...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available: Visual Studio 2017 is here! Celebrate 20 years of Visual Studio with fellow developers in your area, join us on Twitter, and download Visual Studio 2017 now. Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s full day of free training at Microsoft Virtual Academy on Wednesday, March 8....