Windows 10: Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools

Discus and support Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Visual C++ Build tools have been a huge success since we introduced them two years ago. The C++ Build Tools were originally released as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools

Source: Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Toolsets | Visual C++ Team Blog

:)

Brink, Nov 2, 2017
  2. zogtrog Win User

Windows WDK on Visual Studio 2017 Community

I have got the same problem. I am trying to develop copy device drivers from an x86 machine to a minnow board turbot with windows IOT 10 installed on it. The package deployment tools for drivers aren't included in VS2017 and you need to install VS2015 in
    order to use them

I tried to install VS2015 side by side with VS2017 and I got a lot of warning and errors. I also want to be able to use the graphical XAML editor is the latest version of Visual studio 2017.

I decided the safest option is to install the different editions on different machines.

zogtrog, Nov 2, 2017
  3. Windows WDK on Visual Studio 2017 Community

Thanks Dave, what about the message during the WDK install about being unable to develop Modern Apps? Is that anything to worry about in terms of losing functionality in VS2017? If my install of VS2015 Community is affected but not the VS2017 Community that's
    feasible, I only need 2015 for doing driver development. I do still need 2017 for UWP, Xamarin, MVC, etc.

It also says that same message on this website: Download the Windows Driver Kit (WDK)

"Important: If you install the WDK, you will not be able to develop Modern Applications."

Just don't know what all that entails, that sounds very broad.

John Ernest, Nov 2, 2017
Thema:

Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools

1. Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools - Similar Threads - Visual Studio Build

2. How to Install Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Application for 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Install Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Application for 2022: Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Application for 2022 is missing for this reason I was unable to use SSIS Script task component. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-microsoft-visual-studio-tools-for/676e10f5-1b06-4bd7-a5c0-22555a383143
  3. Can you install Build Tools for Visual Studio on an external drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you install Build Tools for Visual Studio on an external drive?: I'm trying to install Build Tools for Visual Studio 2022 on my external E:\ drive. However, when I change to directory folders from C:\ to E:\, it says that it's invalid. Can you fix this or can you just not download it on an external drive?...
  4. Can you install Build Tools for Visual Studio on an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you install Build Tools for Visual Studio on an external drive?: I'm trying to install Build Tools for Visual Studio 2022 on my external E:\ drive. However, when I change to directory folders from C:\ to E:\, it says that it's invalid. Can you fix this or can you just not download it on an external drive?...
  5. Can you install Build Tools for Visual Studio on an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Visual Studio Build Tools 2019 licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Build Tools 2019 licensing: Good day,we have license for Visual Studio 2017 Professional.Can we use Visual Studio Build Tools 2019 with it license for Visual Studio build tools 2019?The question is about licensing....
  7. Visual Studio Office Tools-vstor_redist.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Office Tools-vstor_redist.exe: Hello All, My goal is to install Visual Studio Office Tools 10 for Windows 10. These tools are used and are dependencies for Tableau x64 and SAS Enterprise Guide x86. When the vstor_redist.exe is installed I see entries into my Control Panel "Programs and Features" for the...
  8. Will there be fix to Visual Studio Community 2019 and Visual Studio Tools 2017?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will there be fix to Visual Studio Community 2019 and Visual Studio Tools 2017?: [ATTACH] This has been going on since the 16.4.3 release for Visual Studio Community 2019 update. After the second update since the error, 16.4.4, I switched to Enterprise. I scrolled through several forums in a relationship base search but no success in finding a solution....
  9. Visual Studio 2017 problem with Unity Tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio 2017 problem with Unity Tools: Hello, i installed Unity 2018.3.4f1 (64-bit) and Visual Studio 2017 Community but in Visual Studio installer i can't select Unity Tools. "not Win10ThreSholdOneAndTwoBuildNumber".[ATTACH] Any ideas how to fix that ?...
  10. Continuous Delivery Tools Extension for Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Continuous Delivery Tools Extension for Visual Studio 2017: DevOps is all about getting your applications into customers’ hands quickly. The Continuous Delivery Tools for Visual Studio is a new extension for Visual Studio 2017 that brings DevOps capabilities to the IDE. You can use the extension to setup an automated build, test, and...