Windows 10: VLC 3.0 Released

Discus and support VLC 3.0 Released in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The best free media player is getting even better. After three years of development, VLC 3.0 ‘Ventari’ is rolling out to all platforms, and it’s packed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mrgeek, Feb 9, 2018.

1. mrgeek Win User

VLC 3.0 Released

The best free media player is getting even better. After three years of development, VLC 3.0 ‘Ventari’ is rolling out to all platforms, and it’s packed full of goodies such as Chromecast support. ....
    The latest version of VLC contains a lot of great additions, as well as a tweaked UI. Chromecast discovery tops the list. It’s only available on Windows desktop and Android right now, but Videolan says the feature’s coming to VLC’s iOS and the Windows Store apps in the future.

VideoLAN designed VLC’s Chromecast support as a workaround for any media formats Chromecast can’t natively support. VLC can re-encode video on the fly to make it work with Chromecast, including casting DVDs from your Windows machine. - VLC 3.0 adds Chromecast and 360-degree video support | PCWorld

VLC official download page - VLC 3.0 Vetinari - VideoLAN
    For Windows 64bit, click drop down menu next to Download VLC button here - Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

:)

mrgeek, Feb 9, 2018
  2. aakkam22 Win User

DVD player

Just use VLC for Windows 10 instead of the DVD app. It plays all DVDs and BDs. The Windows 10 DVD app is unreliable.

Download VLC

aakkam22, Feb 9, 2018
  3. how to watch mkv or mp4 format 1080p movies in lumia phones without converting their formats

VLC will be releasing in not too long and will likely be free.

fredgiblet, Feb 9, 2018
  4. VLC 3.0 Released

Thanks mrgeek , rihgt before my next clean install, will try it and post back. *Biggrin

Ivan Petrov, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Well, couldn't wait! Removed the old one and installed v.3.0.0 64-bit - no problems so far and still learning it

Ivan Petrov, Feb 9, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Yes, very little learning curve needed with the ability to keep your preferences from previous version and identical interface. Found zoom level retention much better so far.

mrgeek, Feb 9, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    At last - chronecast support. It has been "coming" for over three years!

Tried it on my Kindle Fire 7 and it works well.

cereberus, Feb 9, 2018
  8. Steve C Win User

VLC 3.0 Released

The original Chromecast I bought a few years ago fails to work with VLC 3.0 but it works fine when casting from Chrome. It seems VLC still has work to do.

Steve C, Feb 10, 2018
  9. cereberus Win User
    My CC is a first gen one and it worked fine.

cereberus, Feb 10, 2018
  10. Thanks for sharing the info with us MrGeek. Just upgrade 2.2.8 to 3.0 x64.

Many changes, new fonts, overhaul looks better. Same legendary efficiency, everything is working, coffee taste better.

Thanks!

MikeMecanic, Feb 10, 2018
  11. Mark Phelps, Feb 10, 2018
  12. pbcopter Win User
    For me, 3.0 causes an application error to be recorded in the event viewer when VLC is shutdown. This occurs with both 32 and 64 bit portable versions.
    If video is playing when shutting down, no error is recorded. Others on the VLC forum have reported this also.

pbcopter, Feb 11, 2018
  13. Samuria Win User

VLC 3.0 Released

Interesting if in vlc you check for updates is says there are none have to download from website

Samuria, Feb 11, 2018
  14. CountMike New Member
    I've been using beta for some time now and it's good. Jumping to major release number always required downloading and installing new version.

CountMike, Feb 12, 2018
  15. cereberus Win User
    I had to revert to older version on android as it screwed up subtitle displays :-(.

cereberus, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

VLC 3.0 Released

1. VLC 3.0 Released - Similar Threads - VLC Released

2. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  3. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  4. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  5. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  6. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  8. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  9. Latest VLC 3.0.6 released

Latest VLC 3.0.6 released: New version of VLC Player released. Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN 125064
  10. First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today

in Windows 10 News
    First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today: First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 50622