Windows 10: VLC and Intel VGA settings issue

Discus and support VLC and Intel VGA settings issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I was playing with my laptop vga settings in its settings panel. vga is Intel HD graphics 4400. I changed some default settings for movie mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by awaixjvd, Aug 31, 2016.

1. awaixjvd Win User

VLC and Intel VGA settings issue

Hi
    I was playing with my laptop vga settings in its settings panel. vga is Intel HD graphics 4400.

I changed some default settings for movie mode enhancing colors and such stuff. The new settings are used very good by windows media player but VLC is not using them, and is showing dull colors.

What settings i need to manage in VLC for this?

Attached below are the images. One is VLC screenshot and other in WMP screenshot.

:)

awaixjvd, Aug 31, 2016
  2. mmifazhar Win User

Windows 10 makes my Laptop slower when played a movie

The movie which I watched is not HD and my VGA is intel, I hadn't download my VGA's driver. Is that because I hadn't download my VGA's driver ?

My Laptop is Asus X201e, I can't find my VGA's ( I know it's intel but I don't know which series). Anyone know where to download it ?

Thanks ! Sorry for my bad grammars VLC and Intel VGA settings issue :)

mmifazhar, Aug 31, 2016
  3. JC66215 Win User
    windows 10 install

Plug in an external vga monitor. There's an issue because the asus driver has both an amd video card driver and an intel graphics accelerator. Going through the same issue.

JC66215, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Try Tools> Effect and Filter and turn on Video Effects VLC is using the default Settings otherwise.

KB

Kbird, Sep 1, 2016
  5. VLC has hardware acceleration disabled by default. Try to enable it.

VLC and Intel VGA settings issue [​IMG]

VLC and Intel VGA settings issue [​IMG]

TairikuOkami, Sep 1, 2016
  6. awaixjvd Win User
    Hi
    Thanks for your kind reply.
    Both these options were already ON. But still the media player shows vibrant video colors and vlc shows dull looking colors with the same movie file.
    The driver of intel vga is updated to latest version. Still the persistence of problem is making me itchy headed.

awaixjvd, Sep 1, 2016
  7. awaixjvd Win User
    Thanks for your reply dear but that setting you told, doesn't work. It only adds color filters, blurs and such things but not enhancing the original colors as i took snapshots of screen above.

awaixjvd, Sep 1, 2016
  8. VLC and Intel VGA settings issue

TairikuOkami, Sep 1, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    All the intel driver adjustment is doing is adjusting the Hue, contrast and saturation levels , ( like nvidia's digital vibrance) this is the same as you can do under Essentials in the Video Effects tools, Check the Image adjust box 1st , not under Colors.

If you open WMP next to VLC you should be able to match the colour and contrast levels

KB

Kbird, Sep 1, 2016
  10. awaixjvd Win User
    awaixjvd, Sep 2, 2016
  11. awaixjvd Win User
    Thanks a ton buddy. I turned on those options and tried setting it to my liking. Now the colors are vibrant as that of media player and if the settings are raised even more, the result becomes even much better than media player. but the problem is, when dark images come, it goes very dark, like blacks become deep black and are hard to see. So, i tried keeping the options at a normal level and it worked.
    Now the interesting thing is, if i turn off the hardware acceleration, these settings work still and color effects are highly improved. It means, vlc is not dependent on hardware acceleration but its merely the color settings gimmick that enhances the colors. am i right?
    There is another interesting thing, media player turned on the vibrance after changing the settings in intel vga settings panel but vlc did it without it even. so, whats the main point of hardware acceleration?

awaixjvd, Sep 2, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Alot will depend on how good your Monitor is and if it's calibrated especially settings like Brightness, Contrast and Gamma , but on a Laptop , I'm not sure what options you have there? with a Colorimeter maybe , but there are online sites to test Monitor calabration which aren't bad if the only choice. Alot of monitors are set WAY too bright from the factory , which kills contrast and washes out the blacks.

With HWACCEL on you maybe fighting the GFX Card settings with the Options in VLC on at the same time and actually making the Comp. work harder ? the file is being adjusted twice not once but CPU and GPU's are pretty powerful these days so you are unlikely to see issues I'd think especially in a Downloaded or similar movie.

Playing with gamma and contrast may help with the blacks in VLC ..... but calibrate the monitor 1st...

Kbird, Sep 2, 2016
  13. awaixjvd Win User

Thanks a lot dear for helping me so far, it all worked well and i am very deeply thankful to you.
    You talked about monitor color thingy and i recalled something which i noticed in control panel but i ignored it previously thinking to see it some later time.
    There is an option "color management" and in advanced tab there are color profiles. Such as RGB, CMYK like if you work in photoshop, you would the depth of color differences. I took its screenshot to ask of you, if i do some changes to it and will it make some difference. Because i didn't want to do something and something go wrong and i can't undo it.

In addition, the monitor is glossy type laptop lcd with resolution of 1366*768 and vga is intel hd graphics 4400 chip 128mb dedicated and 2011mb page file shared memory and system specs are core i3 4010U (3M L3 cache) 4gb ram.

awaixjvd, Sep 2, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    I would not play with the color management options in your case , they appear to be correct and with a laptop you don't have as many options anyway. The Calibrate Button you see there doesn't really help much ...for me at least .

For a laptop I would try an Online Site to set brightness, contrast and colour etc as best you can instead , and then make further adjustments in VLC , if you prefer the "brighter than life" look of saturated colors.

I used to use this online test before i purchased a colorimeter.

LCD monitor test images

or Download the executable file here and run it on the laptop

:: Online Monitor test - Your free online TV and monitor test tool - By vanity.dk and flatpanels.dk

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VLC and Intel VGA settings issue - Similar Threads - VLC Intel VGA

2. VLC Player and Audio Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Player and Audio Sync Issue: Greetings All, I have a movie on my desktop computer... 1)...I use VLC Player program to play all audio/vids... 2)...The movie I have has been converted to mp4 format using VLC.... 3)...I used the "video sync" ability to sync the audio with the video since t was "off"......
  3. VLC

VLC: Why does my VLC Player keeps freezing in Windows 10? Could it be because of compatibility problems now that Windows 11 is available? Its been doing this for weeks and weeks now ive tried so much and even re-installed Windows....
  4. VLC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VLC: Why does my VLC Player keeps freezing in Windows 10? Could it be because of compatibility problems now that Windows 11 is available? Its been doing this for weeks and weeks now ive tried so much and even re-installed Windows....
  5. HDMI to VGA cable issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  6. VLC Player Auto Update Issue

VLC Player Auto Update Issue: For anyone running VLC Player versions 3.0.12 or 3.0.13, there is an issue with the auto updater (if you use it). Updating to 3.0.14 has to be done manually. VLC 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 auto updater issues - VideoLAN Windows 10 20H2 19042.985 179185
  7. Issues with VGA signal

Issues with VGA signal: Hello, I'm Using a Dell Inspiron one pc with a separate Dell monitor. These have been connected via a VGA cable and have been working fine until last night when windows 10 had an update and today I can not get the Dell monitor to work. I have tried unplugging all the...
  8. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  9. Issues with VLC Media Player

Issues with VLC Media Player: Hi; I [finally] migrated from Windows 7 (ultimate) to Windows 10 (pro) on Jan 1. So far, I am pretty happy with the OS; much more so than when I first installed 10 as a 2nd OS in a multiple boot system (sharing with Win 7 & Ubuntu). That was back in 2016. It appears that...
  10. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the meaning of vlc and vga

2. intel gpu vlc contrast problem