Windows 10: VLC recorded file not deleting

Discus and support VLC recorded file not deleting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I got this problem: One time I was watching a video in VLC media player and I wanted to record few seconds through it. There is option to record... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Padfoot, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Padfoot Win User

VLC recorded file not deleting

Hello, I got this problem: One time I was watching a video in VLC media player and I wanted to record few seconds through it. There is option to record part of the video and if you press record button again it will save the recorded video into C:\Users\Name\Videos\ libraby. So I tried to play it but when I doubleclicked it didnt open in vlc. It didnt do anything. I could see how the file is getting bigger and bigger. It had like 80 mbs in the beggining and 5 minutes later over 2gb. I couldnt delete it, I couldnt rename it I couldnt do anything with it. Whenever I just clicked on the file my whole computer started to lag and the windows explorer stops answering. Then the explorer just restarts and my pc lags even more. I tried to put it somewhere else from the Videos libraby and I somehow put it on my desktop which is even worse.

:)

Padfoot, Jun 9, 2018
  2. faggot Win User

Recorded file through VLC

Hello, I got this problem: One time I was watching a video in VLC media player and I wanted to record few seconds through it. There is option to record part of the video and if you press record button again it will save the recorded video into C:\Users\Name\Videos\
    libraby. So I tried to play it but when I doubleclicked it didnt open in vlc. It didnt do anything. I could see how the file is getting bigger and bigger. It had like 80 mbs in the beggining and 5 minutes later over 2gb. I couldnt delete it, I couldnt rename
    it I couldnt do anything with it. Whenever I just clicked on the file my whole computer started to lag and the windows explorer stops answering. Then the explorer just restarts and my pc lags even more. I tried to put it somewhere else from the Videos libraby
    and I somehow put it on my desktop which is even worse. Now whenever I turn on my pc its a lot slower and I am pretty sure its because of this file. Whenever I right click it everything freezes and restarts. If I move it to recycle bin it doesnt do anything.
    So I installed few softwares to get rid of it. Tried Total commander - DIdnt work, Salamander- Didnt work, IObit Unlocker - didnt work, EMCO MoveOnBoot - suprisingly didnt work. Also I tried to restore my system to state where it was 4 days before ( I didnt
    even had vlc in that time) But the file still was on my desktop. Also I tried delete it through cmd but that didnt work either. Now I am scanning my pc with several programmes which should detect viruses or malwares but they didnt find anything yet. I really
    have no idea what should I do and how can I get rid of that stupid file. Also I should say its .ts file and cant be oppened in anything I have. Thanks for help

edit: forgot to mention that I tried to put it in quarantine with Avira antivirus but that didnt work either, when I tried that avira just stopped working and closed. Like every program where I try to do something with the file...

faggot, Jun 10, 2018
  3. screen recorder

Hi,

To resolve your concern about screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo found at the lower left hand corner of your desktop.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left hand side, click on Storage.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Scroll down, and click on Temporary files.
    • Click on Delete temporary files.
    • Restart your computer, and then try screen recorder again.

Regarding the Windows shortcut for your screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Open your Xbox application.
    • On the left hand side, click on the Settings icon.
    • Click on the Game DVR tab.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

VLC recorded file not deleting

1. VLC recorded file not deleting - Similar Threads - VLC recorded file

2. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  3. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  4. VLC

VLC: Why does my VLC Player keeps freezing in Windows 10? Could it be because of compatibility problems now that Windows 11 is available? Its been doing this for weeks and weeks now ive tried so much and even re-installed Windows....
  5. VLC Icon in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VLC Icon in Files Explorer: Hi! A while back I was messing around in settings and have somehow changed all video icons to the vlc player logo. I am not 100% sure how I did this. All I can remember is something about enabling a performance mode in settings, but I am unsure as to whether that is related....
  6. VLC Icon in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC Icon in Files Explorer: Hi! A while back I was messing around in settings and have somehow changed all video icons to the vlc player logo. I am not 100% sure how I did this. All I can remember is something about enabling a performance mode in settings, but I am unsure as to whether that is related....
  7. VLC Icon in Files Explorer

8. VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button): I use the VLC ("Swiss Army Knife") Media player. Overall, I like it; HOWEVER, I just noticed that when I play ANY video with it that if I wish to record a CLIP from that video using the (red) VLC record button that when the clip is played back . . . there's NO AUDIO! Anyone...
  9. VLC recorded file not deleting on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC recorded file not deleting on my windows 10: Hello, I got this problem: One time I was watching a video in VLC media player and I wanted to record few seconds through it. There is option to record part of the video and if you press record button again it will save the recorded video into C:\Users\Name\Videos\ libraby....
  10. Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message

in Windows 10 Support
    Voice Recorder: "Autosaved File Deleted" Message: I've been using the very useful Voice Recorder for several weeks, and earlier today it worked fine, but I just tried to make a recording and got this message: "We couldn't save this recording. It looks like the autosaved file was deleted before you finished recording it."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Computer Problem Not Delete Vlc Record File