Windows 10: VM missing Explorer.exe

Discus and support VM missing Explorer.exe in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Finally got around to creating a VM in Hyper-V. All went well, except..... I seems to have a problem with Explorer.exe. Desktop icons go nowhere. File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by f14tomcat, Jan 24, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

VM missing Explorer.exe

Finally got around to creating a VM in Hyper-V. All went well, except..... I seems to have a problem with Explorer.exe. Desktop icons go nowhere. File explorer goes nowhere. Nothing happens. Explorer is not running. I re-created the VM and installed 10586 3 times, same results. All updates done. Winver is 10586.63 and is activated. Settings works, but nothing from desktop icons (standard ones). Can't open One Drive folder from notification icon. Any clues?? Thanks, TC.....

:)

f14tomcat, Jan 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 - stopped connecting to WiFi

I've seen that symptom too. It happens to my VM which gets to use the Wi-Fi. The VM says the Ethernet connection is unplugged (in its Network Connections, Win-x w). Unfortunately there are no virtual Ethernet plugs. Instead what I then find on the host
    side is that the Wi-Fi connection is Connected but not Secured. Then I have to open it and tell it to Connect (even though it says it can Connect Automatically). Presumably if it wasn't set to Connect Automatically I might have to enter the connection's
    key when prompted. These details are most apparent via the Settings Network & Internet GUI.

We can use the following syntax in a PowerShell window to get there

start explorer.exe ms-settings:network

or in my case directly into the Wi-Fi node

start explorer.exe ms-settings:network-wifi

So I guess in your case that could be

start explorer.exe ms-settings:ethernet

Incredibly it seems that is case sensitive.

FYI

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Jake929 Win User
    Windows 10 Store App

The fact that it is a VM is not relevant. The VM is just a proof the bug is repeatable. The real issue is that I'm missing the binaries for the Windows Store and it doesn't appear there is any way to get them back. Is there some downloadable msi package
    for installing the Windows Store?

Jake929, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

VM missing Explorer.exe

Let's start in an assuring, professional way: I have not a clue what could cause that! I have never had any issues with Windows virtual machines.

Joking aside, the basics:
    • You set up an external switch before installing?
    • The switch is working, vm has Internet connection?
    • The vm installs without issues?
    • A local or MS account?
    • If you create additional users, is the behavior the same?
    • Post a screenshot of the vm RAM settings (see example below)

VM missing Explorer.exe [​IMG]

Thema:

VM missing Explorer.exe

1. VM missing Explorer.exe - Similar Threads - missing Explorer exe

2. Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe: I have just bought a new computer, and I've downloaded Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 through steam, and every time i'm trying to open the game I am getting the error message of the following C:\ProgramData\Package...
  3. Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Vc_runtimeMinimumx64.exe: I have just bought a new computer, and I've downloaded Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 through steam, and every time i'm trying to open the game I am getting the error message of the following C:\ProgramData\Package...
  4. exe file missed icon

exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  5. YourPhone .exe missing

YourPhone .exe missing: Your phone stopped working after a Windows reinstall by a Microsoft tech. I have discovered that yourphone.exe is missing from my computer after including hidden files in the search. I can't get any help from Microsoft support because the techs keep taking steps designed to...
  6. YourPhone .exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourPhone .exe missing: Your phone stopped working after a Windows reinstall by a Microsoft tech. I have discovered that yourphone.exe is missing from my computer after including hidden files in the search. I can't get any help from Microsoft support because the techs keep taking steps designed to...
  7. A .EXE file missing suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A .EXE file missing suddenly: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 home single language since 2018.I update my Windows to 1909 version. I recently start to play a game and my game's .exe file suddenly erased or deleted from the game main directory. I have to reinstall the game for now several times for a week. Is it...
  8. Exe files gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe files gone missing: so my pc ran into a problem , i had to fix it with system restore . at first everything seems normal and i saw my desktop without any icons in it except the preinstalled apps , then i checked my files installed ... ALL the files is fine EXCEPT ALL OF MY EXE FILES ARE GONE...
  9. Exe files missing

Exe files missing: Logged on to find one of my shortcuts Streamlabs chat bot isnt working. Getting the error that its moved. I did a search and the only results were in a deep folder under user\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\appiconcache\100. There...
  10. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
Tags: