Windows 10: VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's

Discus and support VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there. one W10 VM is connected to LAN via NAT, other 4 via Bridged -- to SAME LAN. the NAT networked computer can see the others but can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Dec 1, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's

Hi there.

one W10 VM is connected to LAN via NAT, other 4 via Bridged -- to SAME LAN.

the NAT networked computer can see the others but can't access shared files.

Changing to Bridged -- works OK.

Was trying NAT as Bridged uses individual number of IP addresses - one per computer whereas NAT is meant to share HOST's IP address.

Not sure if this is a Windows problem or the VM software.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 anniversary update: networking problem with VMware

Since installing the anniversary upgrade (on the host machine), my VMware guests cannot connect to the network any more (bridging or direct NAT). This is very annoying since I'am running Windows 10 preview builds in a VM.

RichardBätschmann, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unidentified Network Issue

I am running Windows 7 on my PC but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a virtual machine using VMWare Player. My Network Adapter setting on VMWare are set to "NAT:Used to share the host's IIP address". This
    works just fine when I run Ubuntu VM but does not work when I run Windows 10 VM.

I tried to select other Network Adapter settings e.g. Bridged etc. but no luck. I am not using a static IP but the one assigned automatically seems to be of a private network I.e. 192.168.#.#

I am not really good with networks. I followed a tutorial online to change the startup types of the network settings but that also did not help.

Conclusion: When I run Ubuntu VM on VMWare player with network adapter settings set to NAT, it works. So I think the problem is with Windows 10 network settings, maybe?

Tumelo M. Motloutsi, Dec 1, 2017
Thema:

VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's

1. VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's - Similar Threads - networking NAT cannot

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  4. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win10 + Vmware17pro + ubuntu20.04, VM's network mode is bridge. cannot ping virtual machine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win10 + Vmware17pro + ubuntu20.04, VM's network mode is bridge. cannot ping virtual machine...: I have a ubuntu20.04 vm running in vmware workstation 17pro. The network of VM is set to bridge and VM has network address 192.168.1.5I can run `ping 192.168.1.5` from windows command lineI also want to add another static entry for the VM MAC address, and ping that IP...
  6. Wireless networking and "bridge" connections

Wireless networking and "bridge" connections: I have an HP 22" touchscreen desktop running Windows 10 Pro. By the way, the way I upgraded this which used to be a "Win10 Home" machine, was my friend brought an old computer just the midsize tower not the monitor or anything. But the tower had a product key printed right...
  7. Bridging network connections

Bridging network connections: Hello, I am trying to bridged my mobile internet connection which is connected to laptop via usb to my router which is connected to my laptop via ethernet. The connection works fine as I am able to connect to my router and have internet access! The issue is after running in...
  8. Bridged networking to Windows VM from linux host

Bridged networking to Windows VM from linux host: Hi folks I created a working bridge to a physical NIC as per : [[email protected] hrafn]# ifconfig enp2s0f1 0.0.0.0 [[email protected] hrafn]# brctl addbr br0 [[email protected] hrafn]# brctl addif br0 enp2s0f1 <==== one of my NIC physical interfaces - [[email protected]...
  9. network bridge connection

network bridge connection: I set network bridge connection with my friend to share internet. It worked without any problems till yesterday when I came home I saw a triangle with a explanation mark on it with words "network unidentified". What could happen? I can work on the computer but without the...
  10. Trouble with bridged network connection.

Trouble with bridged network connection.: I've got a Windows 10 pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games, also on a windows 10 pc. Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port (the motherboard...