Windows 10: VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet

Discus and support VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Anybody got a VM running Windows Mobile yet. You can get various VM images running Android but I wonder if it's possible to do Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jun 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet

Hi there

Anybody got a VM running Windows Mobile yet. You can get various VM images running Android but I wonder if it's possible to do Windows 10 Mobile - on a touch laptop or tablet would probably be OK. Vmware latest release of both player and workstation support touch decently now. VBOX probably too --although I haven't played around with it.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 5, 2016

2. Re-Activating Windows 10 On a VM On a New SSD

I recently replaced the SSD on my MackBook pro. I re-installed Windows 10 on my VM but I am unable to re-activate Windows on it. Before I replaced my SSD I deactivated the license so I could transfer it to my new VM. When I run the troubleshooter to try
    and find the device linked to my Microsoft Account it cannot find it yet when I log into my account through a web browser I can see the device listed. Anyone have any tips to reactive my Windows 10 device running on a VM?

Niitz0fK0Lumbus, Jun 5, 2016
  3. saberman Win User
    IE11 Extremely Slow In Loading Web Pages In One Machine With Windows 10 -- How To Diagnose and Fix?

Windows 10 Pro x64 running in VirtualBox VM.

Host: Surface Pro 4 1TB running Windows 10 Pro x64.

I have a number of Windows 10 machines (real and VMs) with IE11. One of them (a VM) seems to be having a lot of problems loading pages using IE11. The same VM loads quickly when using FireFox.

If I try loading the same web site on the host using IE11 it loads quickly.

I have disabled all the add-ons in the VM IE11 that are not enabled in the host IE11 and the problem persists.

The other VMs (also Windows 10 Pro x64) running on the same host do not experience the same problem. That is, pages load quickly using IE11.

I have noticed that on the problem VM some web sites never load completely. If I look at the CPU usage via Task Manager IE11 is above 90% of two CPU cores while trying to load the web site.

I have disabled almost all add-ons in the problem machine. Yet, when a web site (aarp.com) is accessed I get a message that the page isn't loading because a long running scrip is running. However, FIreFox has no problem loading the same web page.

How do I debug this?

saberman, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

As far as I know this is only possible using Hyper-V.

Here's how you get Windows 10 Mobile virtual machines installed in Hyper-V. Notice that you have to go through all steps listed below. Hyper-V needs to be installed and set up:

1.) First you need to download Visual Studio 2015 Community edition. Any other edition of VS 2015 is of course OK, too, but the advantage in using Community edition is that it's free. Notice that installing VS 2015 is necessary but it can be uninstalled as soon as we have set up the emulator virtual machines. Download: Free Dev Tools - Visual Studio Community 2015

2.) If you don't need VS 2015 for anything else than to get Windows 10 Mobile virtual machines, select custom install accepting defaults, only adding Emulators for Windows 10 Mobile:

VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet [​IMG]

Installation with default selections plus emulators requires about 12 GB, full install selecting all components 46 GB.

3.) When installed, launch VS 2015, select New Project:

4.) Select Templates > Visual C# > Windows > Universal > Blank App and click OK:

5.)
    Click the downwards arrowhead to select emulator:

6.) Select which emulator you want to use. Emulator name tells you which phone version (screen size / RAM) it emulates:

7.) Press F5 to start debugging your blank app. At this point VS 2015 installs the Hyper-V virtual machine for your selected emulator and creates a checkpoint allowing the user to restore the emulator to factory defaults when needed, as seen in Hyper-V Manager:

8.) Emulator starts and you can use it as a totally normal virtual machine. By default it uses its own Hyper-V virtual switch to connect to network and Internet:

9.) You can now close the emulator to stop debugging, close VS 2015 and if no longer needed uninstall it.

10.) In the future you can launch the Windows 10 Mobile virtual machine from Hyper-V manager and use it as you would use any other virtual machine:

Kari, Jun 5, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @Kari

Thanks for this --I'll have a go later this week and try it out

I really appreciate all the help and hard work you do on this Forum

Believe me your hard work and expertise is appreciated probably more than you realize.

Again --Many thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VM running Windows 10 mobile --anybody done it yet - Similar Threads - running mobile anybody

2. Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done: Windows 10 is trying to run 20H1 update and it simply blue screens my computer. It is downloaded and is ready to run once again. How do I stop it? I have tried running the Win 10 install as a refresh and it gets either the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 or 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error -...
  3. Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 ? How do I backout an update not yet done: Windows 10 is trying to run 20H1 update and it simply blue screens my computer. It is downloaded and is ready to run once again. How do I stop it? I have tried running the Win 10 install as a refresh and it gets either the 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 or 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error -...
  4. Powerpoint and Word AI anybody tried it yet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint and Word AI anybody tried it yet: Hi folks just wondered if anybody has tried the AI features available for Powerpoint and Word yet. Seems IMO to be a good idea as I often see poorly presented Powerpoint stuff with the demonstrator just showing slides and reading the comments at the side -- which is a waste...
  5. Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10: I'm a staff of a school, and we had joined the Microsoft Campus Agreement. Currently, my desktop PC is running Windows 7 with OEM license. As Windows 7 will be end-of-support in Jan 2020, I'm going to upgrade my PC to Windows 10. I would like to ask, as some of the software...
  6. Anybody using Office 2019 yet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Anybody using Office 2019 yet: Hi folks just curious -- anybody using Office 2019 yet. Cheers jimbo 113469
  7. Running VM's Within Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running VM's Within Windows 10: Hello, my first post here, hope it's in the right place. I've been running Windows 10 since the day after the preview was released. However I took a different route than most when evaluating the OS, I installed it on my school laptop. Now it's not the best, only 1.4Ghz Intel...
  8. anyone done this on windows 10 yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone done this on windows 10 yet: hi anyone installed this yet or tried it on windows 10 ​How to run the native Ubuntu desktop on Windows 10 | ZDNet 71963
  9. Workspace 365 Anybody tried this yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Workspace 365 Anybody tried this yet: Hi folks This to me looks interesting - especially if you have a website /domain Workspace 365: Online workspace on top of Office 365 RemoteApps seems the way to go to make applications easily avilable from all types of devices Any catch ? Cheers jimbo 91719
  10. Surface Pro 3 - anybody else yet

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 3 - anybody else yet: Hi there I can't wait to get my hands on this device - looks like I'm goin g to get an early delivery NEXT WEEK with a bit of luck. The spec looks fantastic -- this device is WAY more powerful than the laptop I'm currently "lugging around" and the screen resolution...