Windows 10: VM Vare Player not working

Discus and support VM Vare Player not working in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Actually player itself works but will not run any OS in it. [img] 85989 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by CountMike, Jun 2, 2017.

1. CountMike New Member

VM Vare Player not working

Actually player itself works but will not run any OS in it.

VM Vare Player not working [​IMG]

:)

CountMike, Jun 2, 2017

2. Hyper-V does not boot ISO image, but VMWare Player does

I have Win 10 pro with Hyper-V. I have created a new Generation 1 and Generation 2 VM and point the ISO image to boot. On connecting and starting either of the VMs (only 1 at a time), the only thing i see is Connecting to Yogesh-Linux (which is the name
    of my VM). It does not go any further. I installed VMWare player and disabled Credential Guard as required by it and created a new VM pointing to the same ISO image. VMWare player was able to boot the image and complete the install of the Ubuntu Linux.

YogeshJiandani, Jun 2, 2017
  3. acount picture

when notebook start Microsoft account login there vare not shown my account picture.Also in account setting option there not shown my administrator picture.Why?

GoldieBhaskar, Jun 2, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Have you simply tried uninstalling and reinstalling latest version?

cereberus, Jun 2, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Yes of course I did. Downloaded very last version too. Now I don't know if it's due to this build or new HW.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Hard to say - only thing I can suggest is to create a virtual hard drive and clean install 1703 in it and see if that works, then try 1511 etc., trying older version of vmware etc. But hey - you are an expert so I am teling you to suck eggs. Maybe our resident vmware expert @jimbo could shed some light?

cereberus, Jun 2, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Ok, so very stupid happened. actually two of them. As it wouldn't work initially I turned on Hyper-V and Hypervisor and as it still wouldn't work I forgot about it. Than I thought that CPU virtualization wasn't enabled. Looked and looked thru BIOS (stupid UEFI) and couldn't find setting. At the end, just like any full blooded male person I resorted to humiliation and looked in the MB manual at last. That's where I found that they called it very (un)imaginative name "AVX" (without any explanation). It should have been enabled by default (as per manual) but it wasn't. I enabled it and than it wouldn't work until Hiper-V Hpervisor was turned. off but now VM works as advertised.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

This thread from our sister site may be useful so you can use hyper-v or vmware.

Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine

Out of interest, why are you using VMware over Hyper-V. Hyper-V does have one annoying restriction in that you cannot get sound in basic mode.

cereberus, Jun 3, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    I'm used to it.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VM Vare Player not working - Similar Threads - Vare Player working

2. windows 11 doesn't work on VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 doesn't work on VM: this script appear and i can't deal with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-work-on-vm/dbb72423-8056-4888-9b6d-f5eb5411bcfd
  3. windows 11 doesn't work on VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 doesn't work on VM: this script appear and i can't deal with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-work-on-vm/dbb72423-8056-4888-9b6d-f5eb5411bcfd
  4. After VM cloning, the networking is not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After VM cloning, the networking is not working.: Hi experts, I have cloned a VM and after cloning, the networking is not working. i can not ping IPs. while other IPs on this host is working fine. Please help....
  5. Workspace VM stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workspace VM stopped working: My Citrix workspace was updated yesterday after I was unable to access my VM for work. Facing this problem, particularly with Windows updates. After the update, the Linux Workspace still functions. So, I'm puzzled as to whether or not the problem comes from my end. Any...
  6. Alt+Tab not working inside VM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not working inside VM: Hi, I am taking RDP of a win 10 Azure vm using Microsoft remote desktop app(got if from ms store) but I am not able to do alt+tab to switch between windows, if i do alt+tab it's jumping into my base machine. So alt+tab is not functioning inside the VM. Any suggestions?...
  7. Does WSL work on a Windows VM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does WSL work on a Windows VM?: I would like to know if WSL Windows subsystem for Linux can be used on a Windows VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-wsl-work-on-a-windows-vm/d67dd7c8-44e3-4966-9164-ed18a2ec0882
  8. Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10: Hopefully this is the right subreddit. My grandma's computer is currently on win 7 sp1. I am trying to upgrade it but the upgrade tool from windows says vmplayer is not compatible with win10 and needs to be Uninstalled. When I try to it says to manually uninstall. I use the...
  9. Orcle VM VirtualBox suddenly not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orcle VM VirtualBox suddenly not working.: I have been using this Oracle software since W7, after moving to W10 (home edition) two years ago, everything was working fine. Then I put it aside for a while but now that I want to use it again I receive the error E_FAIL (80004005) Component MachineWrap. I thought it was...
  10. DVD Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...