Windows 10: vmwaare (12.0.1) Linux Host -W10 taskbar problem in Full screen mode

Discus and support vmwaare (12.0.1) Linux Host -W10 taskbar problem in Full screen mode in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there running latest build as a VM on a Linux Host (VMware workstation v 12.01) the taskbar can't be accessed in FULL SCREEN mode if the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 30, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

vmwaare (12.0.1) Linux Host -W10 taskbar problem in Full screen mode

Hi there

running latest build as a VM on a Linux Host (VMware workstation v 12.01) the taskbar can't be accessed in FULL SCREEN mode if the taskbar is selected to be at the BOTTOM of the screen.

It works fine if you have the taskbar positioned at the sides or the Top !!!! Go figure !

Not a mega show stopper but I still prefer the taskbar to be at the bottom.

Running the same W10 (latest build) as a VM on a WINDOWS host (W7 or another W10 system) taskbar works even at the bottom.

this is probably a VMware / Linux video driver problem so I don't see a fix to this any time soon.

BTW the same problem also happens with a W7 VM on a Linux host using VMware workstation build 12.0.1

note in Windowed mode taskbar works correctly wherever on the screen it is selected.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 30, 2015

2. Remote Desktop in full screen disappears from taskbar

I'm having an issue where connecting to a remote desktop (either via the native RDP connection or my cloud providers vWorkspace connector) and running the RDP in full screen mode does not show a taskbar icon. However, if I restore down to a windowed view,
    the taskbar icon returns... I can then minimize and restore no problem. If I minimize directly from full screen mode, the taskbar icon is gone and there is no way for me to restore the RDP. Task manager still shows it running, but I cannot restore from there
    either. I have to log back in to resume my session (which boots me from the old session).

Is there a fix for this now or in the works? My cloud hosting provider mentioned this as a Windows 10 glitch but provided no assistance as to a fix for it.

Thanks in advance!

JonathanMcCoid, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Hiding the taskbar selectively?

Technically speaking that's what full-screen mode of the game is for. When you put any program into fullscreen mode (even something like a youtube video), the hosting program (the game, browser, whatever) sends a system-wide broadcast and asks the taskbar
    to hide itself. Technically when you put anything into full-screen, the taskbar is hiding. You just don't think of it that way, because from your point of view the game or video is on top.

I think probably your best bet is something like this using the AutoHotKey program: autohotkey - hide windows taskbar completely - Pastebin.com

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

vmwaare (12.0.1) Linux Host -W10 taskbar problem in Full screen mode

1. vmwaare (12.0.1) Linux Host -W10 taskbar problem in Full screen mode - Similar Threads - vmwaare Linux Host

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the taskbar in Windows 11 not hiding when I'm in full-screen mode. Whether I'm watching videos or playing games, the taskbar remains visible at the bottom of the screen, blocking part of the content. I've checked the taskbar settings, but...
  3. RAID 0 on linux kernels >5.3.3 (Hosts and VM's)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    RAID 0 on linux kernels >5.3.3 (Hosts and VM's): Hi folks for those using RAID 0 especially on devices with unequal sizes you won't be able to access your array after kernel 5.3.3 (whether as host or in a VM) This applies whatever the Windows Host virtualisation you are using - whether VBOX / VMWare or HYPER-V. Also...
  4. Problem with HDR in full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HDR in full screen mode: In full screen games HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. But in Windows Mode HDR mode gets enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-hdr-in-full-screen-mode/d28365a6-3efc-464a-bc48-7714efbf781b
  5. W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar: Since the latest up date both my W10 computers now have full screen windows partially obscured by the taskbar. The only option is to autohide the taskbar which is a PITA This is both a Packard Bell desktop and a Toshiba laptop. I see this is a common problem since the...
  6. Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode: While running full screen games, videos, etc, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen remains visible. This issue has occurred ever since I got my new computer, which came with a clean version of Windows 10. I have not experienced this issue with previous computers. I'm...
  7. vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar

vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar: Hi there W10 X-64 pro (build 10547) and vmware workstation rel 12 - in full screen mode can't launch apps from taskbar. Works fine in Windowed mode This happens on LINUX Hosts - (Opensuse, Centos and Mint) Cheers jimbo 23751
  8. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  9. 2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop: I have a 27" monitor i've taught to stand on end. it is now displaying in reverse portrait mode. 1080x1920. I've seen all the various screen splitting programs inside and out of windows 10. None do as I need. I want this single monitor to behave as two separate monitors....
  10. Minimising & full screen mode problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimising & full screen mode problems: This is something that is driving me crazy *Confused So I thought I would share & hope someone has found a problem. 2 systems identical other than the CPU, 1 is FX 8350 & the other is FX 8370. Anyways. System A I use & have had windows 10 installed, updated along with...