Windows 10: VMWare 11.1 is out

Discus and support VMWare 11.1 is out in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; For those who are always in the need to keep up to date on software then let it be known VMWare 11.1 and VMWare Player 7.1 are out and, on the street.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Lee, Feb 17, 2015.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

VMWare 11.1 is out

For those who are always in the need to keep up to date on software then let it be known VMWare 11.1 and VMWare Player 7.1 are out and, on the street.

:)

2. win 10 direct x 11.1

HELP I got the windows 10 free download when it was just coming out. I love it but i downloaded a game that installed direct x 8. what i need help with is i want direct x 11.1 back that's what i had. Now i cant play games that needs direct x 11.1. Please
    help me i am at a dead end. I cant find win 10 updates that will put back direct x 11.1.

bernardshearn, Feb 17, 2015
  3. Bartman01 Win User
    Win 10 upgrade is now being blocked due to "Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver

The driver in the current VMWare tools package is compatible with Windows 10. Windows 10 runs fine under the current version of Fusion, I have been running the preview version without issue.

That being said, VMWare is aware of the issue and has reached out to Microsoft to find out what needs to happen here. Nothing anyone on this board can do about the situation other than wait for an answer. The thread previously linked for the VMWare message
    board should have the latest information from VMWare since they actually post in that.

Bartman01, Feb 17, 2015
  4. VMWare 11.1 is out

Thanks Lee, got mine updated to 11.1.0 build-2496824.

Indianatone, Feb 17, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    Any reports of differences for the 7.1 Player ??

I would hate to upgrade for nothing because then I have to revamp my Tools in 6 Linux systems. That means Terminal (command prompt) work.

6. Kesto Win User
    Thanks bro, I'd better update my VMware Workstation then. It's awesome!

Kesto, Feb 18, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Thanks

Linux versions available too - if you uninstall previous version and do a manual (Linux) install keep config settings. However some distros (including Centos 7) Update works automatically.

cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 19, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

VMWare 11.1 is out

Still have one little problem with VM11/11.1, and that is with one of my monitors that has a 2048 by 1152 resolution. For some reason it will not work in Windows 10 TP. That monitor works in all other VMs in that specific mode. . .

9. Kesto Win User
    Have you tried going into VM and choosing fit guest now, or go into full screen?

Kesto, Feb 19, 2015
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Thank you, albeit yes. . .*cry

11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Does that resolution work on your HOST systems. It could be that the HOST has a problem so the Virtual Video driver won't support that mode == although I find VMware's video driver usually works on my VM's even on a HIGE monitor. !!!

Ensure chipset drivers are installed on the HOST systems too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 21, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    @Lee Thanks for the information.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 21, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

VMWare 11.1 is out

Hi JImbo, Yes. Been working on this computer for five years now. Don't have this problem in the following VMs, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Suse Linux 13, or Fedora Linux 12. Just Win 10 TP.

14. Kesto Win User
    0.O thats a long time.

Kesto, Feb 22, 2015
  15. Perhaps should report that as a Windows 10 undocumented feature aka Bug. *Nerd

Indianatone, Feb 24, 2015
Thema:

VMWare 11.1 is out

1. VMWare 11.1 is out - Similar Threads - VMWare

2. VMware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware: Hi everyone I wanted to install vmware pro, but I had installed it on a virtual drive, and now I have deleted that drive, but it is still in the list of Windows applications. It is necessary, please help me....
  3. VMware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware: Hi everyone I wanted to install vmware pro, but I had installed it on a virtual drive, and now I have deleted that drive, but it is still in the list of Windows applications. It is necessary, please help me....
  4. How to install Kali Linux on VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Kali Linux on VMWare Workstation: [IMG]VMWare Workstation is a reliable platform that helps you run Kali Linux seamlessly. This opens a world of possibilities for security testing, penetration testing, and learning about cybersecurity tools and techniques. In this article, we will guide you through the...
  5. VMWare Horizon Client freezing or stuck at connecting [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    VMWare Horizon Client freezing or stuck at connecting [Fix]: [IMG]When trying to connect to a VDI using VMWare Horizon Client, we have noticed that the app sometimes freezes, after or before authentication and is stuck at the connecting stage. In this post, we will talk about this issue and see what you can do if the VMWare Horizon...
  6. VMWare Horizon Client not opening [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    VMWare Horizon Client not opening [Fix]: [IMG]VMWare Horizon Client allows you to connect to virtual desktops with ease. However, VDI sometimes doesn’t open or launch. In this post, we will see what you can do if VMWare Horizon Client is not opening for you. Why won’t my VMware Horizon client open? If the VMWare...
  7. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...
  8. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...
  9. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. How to deregister Windows 10 keys from a deleted VMWare Workstation instance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to deregister Windows 10 keys from a deleted VMWare Workstation instance: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...