Windows 10: Vmware 14.1.3 fix for Too many sockets - MKS error physical Disk(s)

Discus and support Vmware 14.1.3 fix for Too many sockets - MKS error physical Disk(s) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks If you are running WKS 14.1.3 or equivalent VMware player your VM may hang (almost certainly will) at power on when using physical disks --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 30, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware 14.1.3 fix for Too many sockets - MKS error physical Disk(s)

Hi folks
    If you are running WKS 14.1.3 or equivalent VMware player your VM may hang (almost certainly will) at power on when using physical disks -- error message eventually at power on "can't connect MKS too many sockets."

Simple fix (until VMware update WKS) is to start VMware wks in Adminstrator mode -- then everything works fine.

I've checked with a number of Linux VM's running on Windows Host - all work - I tested by setting a one 3TB HDD as a raw disk (formatted xfs - just a Linux file system) .Ignore the windows message "invalid partition table " when adding the raw disk to the vm config-- of course it's invalid for windows - it's a Linux file system !!!!!

works perfectly.

Here's a screen shot - Host machine latest build of W10 X64 Pro. This screenshot is using a Live distro inside a VM (was the quickest to demo).

Vmware 14.1.3 fix for Too many sockets - MKS error physical Disk(s) [​IMG]

Here's the Config

Hope this helps some people.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 30, 2018

2. Using Physical External Harddrive in VMWare or VirtualBox

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Home.

For some reason, I need to use my old USB harddrive (external) to boot a virtual machine.

I followed the manual and every information I get from the internet on how to do this. Here's what I did:

1. Remove the disk's drive letter

2. Make the disk offline using diskpart

3. Clear the disk's readonly attribute using diskpart

Then I:

1. Create a new virtual machine

2. Add harddisk

3. Use Physical disk, etc.

But the VM did not work with an error saying that Physical disk is already in use.

Can anybody help?

BudiPulunggono, Aug 30, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

The chkdsk /f /r report displayed that there were corrections made in the volume bitmap.

Run these commands and post images and then continue with the prior steps:
    There was a command for disk 1 but the command for disk 0 seems to have been skipped (steps 24 and 25) for the partition information. These are some additional commands.

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select disk 0
    4) list volume
    5) list partition
    6) select partition 1
    7) detail partition
    8) select partition 2
    9) detail partition
    10) select partition 3
    11) detail partition
    12) select partition 4
    13) detail partition
    14) if there are any other partitions on disk 0 continue in the same fashion
    15) exit
    16) continue with prior steps

zbook, Aug 30, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size

Hi there

anybody know what Max HDD size is allowed in VMware workstation (PHYSICAL Disk)

I've seen plenty of references to Max VIRTUAL HDD size - and that's 8TB - but what about when using a PHYSICAL HDD.

I have a RAID array of 9.1 TB attached as a Physical HDD -- my VM accepts it just fine

Can I actually USE the whole 9.1 TB or will the Host stop after 8TB.

The Host actually doesn't see the HDD in Windows File explorer as it's offline to Windows and formatted with XFS.

In the VM capacity is shown as 9.1 TB which is correct.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Vmware 14.1.3 fix for Too many sockets - MKS error physical Disk(s) - Similar Threads - Vmware fix Too

2. Fix Fortnite Matchmaking Error 1, 2 or 3

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Fortnite Matchmaking Error 1, 2 or 3: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix Fortnite Matchmaking error 1, 2, or 3. Fortnite is an online video game with three distinct game modes with the same gameplay and engine. But recently, some users have complained about facing errors while matchmaking in Fortnite....
  3. Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel: Hi,There's an unknown account showing up on the Security Panel in Properties. Is this normal? I want to ensure that my computer isn't compromised. I think it showed up after the 2H22 Windows Update, but I'm not entirely sure. I've tried removing it, but it reappears after a...
  4. Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Unknown S-1-14-3... showing up on Properties Panel: Hi,There's an unknown account showing up on the Security Panel in Properties. Is this normal? I want to ensure that my computer isn't compromised. I think it showed up after the 2H22 Windows Update, but I'm not entirely sure. I've tried removing it, but it reappears after a...
  5. Not enough physical memory is available VMware error

in Windows 10 News
    Not enough physical memory is available VMware error: [ATTACH]VMware Workstation is one of the best Virtual Machine Software. It is good but obviously not perfect. It has its fair share of issues. In this article, we are going to fix Not enough physical memory is available VMware error with the help of some simple solutions. Not...
  6. Too many disk partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many disk partitions: My dell laptop has only one disk Disk 0 with 1862.89 GB of available space. It came with windows 10 version 1809. At first it had one 650MB EFI System Partition, C drive, OEM partition in the same order as seen in Disk Management. I made two more partitions D and E to...
  7. Facing too many errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing too many errors.: Hey, so, since few days I started facing weird errors, like when I tried to run Geforce experience it showed an error code and after few days when I tried to run Teamviewer same thing happened and yesterday I tried to launch a game called Valorant and same error, I think my...
  8. Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size: Hi there anybody know what Max HDD size is allowed in VMware workstation (PHYSICAL Disk) I've seen plenty of references to Max VIRTUAL HDD size - and that's 8TB - but what about when using a PHYSICAL HDD. I have a RAID array of 9.1 TB attached as a Physical HDD -- my...
  9. too many partitions on disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...
  10. Sockets error ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sockets error ????: Hi there Why does Windows Networking have to be so Horrible -- I've run loads of Linux machines with NO network problems at all -- but Windows networking always causes hassle -- sometimes even on machines that have worked suddenly stop working for no reason I can find....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to connect to the MKS: Too many socket connect attempts; giving up.

2. vmware error to many socket

3. unable to connect to mks too many socket

4. unable to connect to the mks: too many socket connect attempt; giving up,
  5. Virtual Machine Problem too many sockets,
  6. too many socket connection error in virtual machine,
  7. vmware workstation too many socket connect attempts giving up,
  8. vmware player 14 unable to connect to the mks: too many socket connection attempts,
  9. too many socket attempts vmware,
  10. vmware player too many socket,
  11. windows 10 vmware ubuntu error too many sockets