Windows 10: VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite

Discus and support VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I keep getting this error in attempting to open VM Player v14. [img] I was using Hyper-V for a few days and decided to try out VMware Player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Paul Bacon, Dec 3, 2017.

1. VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite

I keep getting this error in attempting to open VM Player v14.

VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite [​IMG]

I was using Hyper-V for a few days and decided to try out VMware Player using Brink's tutorial. I tried using cmd "bcdedit" to turn off Hyper-V, and got this result:

Then, as I had saved a system image before working on Hyper-V, I restored that system image. I'm still getting that first error. I went to the link to follow VMware's instructions, but I couldn't run their code because access was denied to the boot configuration data store:

I have virtualization enabled in the BIOS and hyper-v is uninstalled via "turn Windows features on or off".

Could someone walk me through this troubleshooting? I've tried a number of things already, but no success.

:)

Paul Bacon, Dec 3, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Dec 3, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite

You are running BCDEDIT in normal user mode Command Prompt. BCDEDIT requires elevated Command Prompt (tutorial).

That is also clearly told in Brink's tutorial you referred to. Extract from a warning at the beginning of said tutorial:

(From Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player Virtualization Tutorials)

Kari, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Okay Kari, I'll follow the tutorial.

I thought I was using an elevated cmd because I'm the administrator, but obviously I'm mistaken.

I'll be back *Smile.

Thank you sir!

Paul Bacon, Dec 4, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    It's not the same thing. Your user account is something called local administrator account, your screenshots revealed that you had run Command Prompt in user mode, as you. Running an application, program, command or tool elevated means that instead of your local admin account it will be run with highest priviliges, as built-in administrator.

You can start an application elevated by right clicking it and selecting Run as administrator, or for instance in case of Command Prompt by pressing WIN + R to open RUN prompt, typing cmd and pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER (pressing ENTER alone starts it in normal user mode).

Tutorial: Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Kari, Dec 4, 2017
  7. Kari, thanks to your links I'm now using an elevated cmd.

I followed the instructions in the VMware knowledge base article. Upon reboot I disabled 2 items at the prompts. The first time I opened the Player I got this error:

Then I went back and re-did steps 1 and 2 in the article. I had already done that yesterday, and the settings were still correct. Now I'm back to this error when I click on Play (the green arrow.)

Do you think I should start from scratch? --enable Hyper-V again, then follow the KnowledgeBase article to the letter?

Paul Bacon, Dec 4, 2017
  8. VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite

Never mind Kari. I got it. I ran the hypervisorlaunchtype off.

I think I'm in business! Thank you for your help!

Paul Bacon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite

1. VMware-getting "device guard" error in spite - Similar Threads - VMware getting device

2. How to get device guard in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get device guard in window 11: I am unable to Device Guard in Window 11. Can anyone help me here?Under Local Group Policy Editor. Navigate Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Device Guard but unable to find it. kindly guide me so that I can disable it and can work on VMware....
  3. VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you try to power on the VM (Virtual Machine) inside VMware Workstation Player on Windows 10, you receive the error message VMware Workstation […] This article VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard not compatible in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. Error: device credential guard are not compatible when launching VMware after installing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: device credential guard are not compatible when launching VMware after installing...: Hi, I'm running VMware workstation 15, I recently updated windows to the KB4515871 I'm running windows 10 home , but after updating I cannot run VMware it says device credential guard are not compatible, the thing is I'm running windows 10 home. some said it was to do...
  5. problem with credential guard and incompatibility with vmware

problem with credential guard and incompatibility with vmware: Hi, I'm running VMware workstation 15, I recently updated windows to the KB4515871 I'm running windows 10 home , but after updating I cannot run VMware it says device credential guard are not compatible, the thing is I'm running windows 10 home. some said it was to do...
  6. VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible: I have this error with vmware w. player 15.5, is this a bug and, if possible, what does it means? Thanks! BTW this happens if I enable "core isolation", I understand core isolation is necessary to avoid hardware bugs in intel cpu. 142004
  7. VMWare is not letting me run Virtual Machines due to "VMWare and Device/Credential guard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare is not letting me run Virtual Machines due to "VMWare and Device/Credential guard...: Hello. Recently after an update from Microsoft, I went onto my computer to run a Virtual Machine on VMWare workstation Pro 15. But when I went to run it, it read this message.: "VMWare Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMWare Workstation can be...
  8. VMware Error about Credential/Device guard ON/OFF on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Error about Credential/Device guard ON/OFF on Windows 10 Home Edition: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1903, I am unable to open Virtual Machine using VMWare Workstation Player Have looked at the Enable/Disable Credential Docs page here -...
  9. VMware Error about Credential/Device guard ON/OFF on Windows 10 Home Edition

VMware Error about Credential/Device guard ON/OFF on Windows 10 Home Edition: Since Spring update the VMware giving error while running the Ubuntu OS, "VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Player can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details."...
  10. Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5: Hi All I'm hoping someone who knows something about Device Guard and virtualisation can help me with a question I have. I recently rebuilt my desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit Creators Update. I use VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 daily for my work from home. One...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it safe to VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard

2. turnoff_cg_dg for windows 10 1809 vmware