Windows 10: vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar

Discus and support vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there W10 X-64 pro (build 10547) and vmware workstation rel 12 - in full screen mode can't launch apps from taskbar. Works fine in Windowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Sep 22, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar

Hi there

W10 X-64 pro (build 10547) and vmware workstation rel 12 - in full screen mode can't launch apps from taskbar.

Works fine in Windowed mode

This happens on LINUX Hosts - (Opensuse, Centos and Mint)

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 22, 2015
  2. BPZ
    BPZ Win User

port win 10 on local vm

- Bought a refurbished machine with win 10 + digital entitlement (most probably after win 8 upgrade)

- Created a vm via vmware as "image" of the physical system

- The vm win10 guest seemed to have no activation problems on win10 host

Problems come when launching the vm on linux host (same physical machine): the win10 guest is not able to activate. Besides this causes a bunch of key/mouse etc.. driver unsolvable problems.

All this was pretty easy with pid oem licences (e.g. w7). How can that be solved, if it could?

Thanks for reading

P

3. purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now, VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC

I plan to buy a MacBook Pro in Fall 2016.

I want to have Windows 10 guest as Vmware VM...in the above host Mac(Vmware Fusion)... currently is Windows 7 guest on Vmware Player on my Windows 10 host PC.

well I have to purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now,
    VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC...?

Lse123polis, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar

1. vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar - Similar Threads - vmware Linux HOST

2. Bridged networking to Windows VM from linux host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bridged networking to Windows VM from linux host: Hi folks I created a working bridge to a physical NIC as per : [[email protected] hrafn]# ifconfig enp2s0f1 0.0.0.0 [[email protected] hrafn]# brctl addbr br0 [[email protected] hrafn]# brctl addif br0 enp2s0f1 <==== one of my NIC physical interfaces - [[email protected]...
  3. VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's: Hi there clicking the 3D / hardware acceleration doesn't always work to get hardware acceleration and 3D to work on VM's with Linux hosts. A "get around" that usually works is to manually add this line to the .vmx (VMWare configuration file) : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers...
  4. VMware how to delete disks from HOST (not the VM)

VMware how to delete disks from HOST (not the VM): Hi folks there's plenty of info about removing a Virtual disk from a VMware VM but this just removes the virtual HDD from the VM but doesn't actually delete it from your Host disk. What you have to do is go into the VM file itself for the VM and once you've ascertained which...
  5. VM's using VMware on W10 Host with Storage Spaces randomly fail

VM's using VMware on W10 Host with Storage Spaces randomly fail: Hi folks Running some VM's on W10 Host (x-64 PRO) with VMware workstation Rel 14 I get random failures if the VM's are on storage spaces. The same VM's work perfectly when on external SSD's or internal standard (non Storage space area) HDD's. The failures are seemingly...
  6. vmware wks11 no progs launch from taskbar--

vmware wks11 no progs launch from taskbar--: Hi there Windows 8.1 Host. W8.1 / W10 VM's running under VMware workstation 11 don't launch any programs from the taskbar. You can click and nothing happens. Programs work from the Start (Charms -- Windows 8.1) or icons pinned to the desktop. Seems the Quick launch...
  7. Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop

Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop: Hi there I've seen loads of posts almost flaming me for saying running a Windows VM with VMWARE workstation or player from a Linux HOST OS booted from an external SSD would have terrible performance. (I.e boot the Linux OS and from its VMware menu--> power on--> Windows...
  8. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  9. Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE

Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE: Hi there If you want to do an inplace upgrade of W8 to W10 in a VMware Virtual Machine UNINSTALL VMWARE TOOLS before you do the upgrade and then re-install them afterwards. Set the ISO image as your CD /DVD drive and simply run the setup from WITHIN the existing Virtual...
  10. VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed

VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed: Hi there. on some Linux Hosts using Vmware workstation / Player VLC doesn't work properly on a Windows 10 VM - you don't get any dropdowns from the menu. A reasonable fix for this (apart from checking that you have any Video drivers installed for your Host system) is to...