Windows 10: VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10

Discus and support VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; After downloading VMware player 2.5.5-328052 yesterday & during the install phase my screen turned blue with a message "something went wrong with your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Merlin1944, Nov 28, 2015.

1. VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10

After downloading VMware player 2.5.5-328052 yesterday & during the install phase my screen turned blue with a message "something went wrong with your PC & needs to restart" (close wording to that). After restarting VMware player is not listed in Programs & Features in C/Panel. I am unable to uninstall & the player will not start. Any thoughts please?

:)

Merlin1944, Nov 28, 2015

2. Free VMPlayer compatibility with Windows 10 as the host OS

I did the Windows 10 update not knowing about any potential issues regarding VMware Player version 6. At first it seemed to work ok but I could no longer connect from my XP virtual machine to my SQL Server running on the Windows 10 host. After reading
    this and other similar messages I found VMware Player version 7 that is still free for non-commercial use and have so far had no trouble with any network connections or SQL Server connections between Windows 10 host and XP virtual machine. (Link to VMware
    Player 7:
    https://download3.vmware.com/software/player/file/VMware-player-7.1.2-2780323.exe
    )

GavinGlaum, Nov 28, 2015
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10

Try installing it again. The first install is probably corrupted.

Winuser, Nov 28, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

try also install as administrator -- shouldn't be necessary though.

Also ensure you have the latest version from VMware site and the download completed correctly.

I've been running VMware builds for YEARS and have never had a problem installing on both Windows and various Linux distros as Hosts.

The current release is actually very good -- if you have WORKSTATION (paid for software) you can run a load of headless vm's and memory management is dynamic meaning that a VM will only use the RAM it actually requires rather than fixing it when you power on a VM. Allows you also to run more VM's concurrently if you want to do that.

Note also you might be interested in running HYPER-V -- requires at least the PRO edition of any Windows version from W7 onwards --Home premium won't do.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 28, 2015
  6. Thanks for the follow up. I have removed VMware totally via the W/Registry but need to find the best VMware totally to stop any further crashes

Merlin1944, Nov 28, 2015
  7. butterfly Win User
    That VMware player 2.5.5-328052 is dated back 2010ish.

You simply need to use at least an up-to-date VM Player release.
    I would suggest you to try VM Player 7.1.3 (VMware-player-7.1.3-3206955) and you will vastly improve the chance to complete a Windows 10 installation successfully either running it in a host with Windows 10 and either if you need to install Windows 10 as a guest from a Windows 7/8 host.

Alternative you can use workstation player 12 but it's now repackaged more than as a 'trial' than a 'free' release.

But if you need to be sure you uninstalled correctly and fully your previous attempt with Player, I would suggest you to have a free trial with Revo Uninstaller / Iobit Uninstaller / CCleaner uninstall features (or any other 3rd party software) in order to clean all the registry traces and installation files.

butterfly, Dec 7, 2015
  8. VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10

Thanks for your advice it is most helpful.

Merlin1944, Dec 12, 2015
  9. butterfly Win User
    I am glad it helped. *Smile

butterfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10

1. VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - VMware Player did

2. Microsoft Store Did Not Install Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Did Not Install Correctly: My Microsoft Store did not install correctly upon setting up my new computer. It has bashed any chances of playing certain games I really wanted to play.I looked up ways to fix it, and I came up on this list: Microsoft Store doesn't openNothing on this list has worked....
  3. Microsoft Store Did Not Install Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Did Not Install Correctly: My Microsoft Store did not install correctly upon setting up my new computer. It has bashed any chances of playing certain games I really wanted to play.I looked up ways to fix it, and I came up on this list: Microsoft Store doesn't openNothing on this list has worked....
  4. New VMWare Player 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Player 16.1.0: New VMWare Player released. 16.1.0 *Arrow VMware Maintenance Highlights and fixes. *Arrow VMware Workstation 16.1.0 Pro Release Notes [img] 168788
  5. Can't install VMware Player 16

Can't install VMware Player 16: v2004 I've been using VMware Player 12 for many years, decided to upgrade to 16, this is what I get when trying to install: [img] And yes I did run the installer as administrator. So I cancelled, the installer backed out and erased vmplayer 12 in the process. Any ideas?...
  6. VMware Player not compatible

VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  7. windows 10 vmware install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 vmware install: I was trying to install windows 10 on vwmare, i used the windows 10 enterprise iso image, this step is just logging in using my school crendentials. This is the error message i get but i can not find anything related to it on the website. Ive tried 3 separate times and all of...
  8. Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10

Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10: can i install any version ? can i install linux or windows 7 using vmware on windows 10 ? Thank you in advance 37303
  9. VMWare Player - install as W8 or install later?

VMWare Player - install as W8 or install later?: I have W10 Eng 32 bit and latest VMPlayer. I tried installling as W8. It works but vmware tools are messed up. I have other vms with tools already installed. It seems to detect them after I get W10 desktop. Also it never asks me for the product ID. Are you guys installing...
  10. Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player: How to: Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player How to Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player [img] Information VMware Player is a free desktop application that lets you run a virtual machine on a Windows or Linux PC. This tutorial...