Windows 10: Vmware | software to create virtual computer

Discus and support Vmware | software to create virtual computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; - Vmware is software to create virtual computer right on your computer. You can run all existing windows on vmware or other operating systems. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hieuhm89, Jun 21, 2018.

1. hieuhm89 Win User

Vmware | software to create virtual computer

- Vmware is software to create virtual computer right on your computer. You can run all existing windows on vmware or other operating systems.
    - Vmware has many versions but this is the latest version of Vmware and has many great functions.
    Main features of VMware Workstation
    - Install multiple operating systems on the same operating system
    - Enables system administrators and software testers including new applications, application updates ...
    - About Virtual Infrastructure for...

hieuhm89, Jun 21, 2018
  2. Trybird Win User

Install VMware Player virtual machines in Windows 10

Using virtual machines of VMware Player in Windows 10 has many advantages:

For example, some old softwares can only be used in the old system, but does not work properly or are not compatible in the Windows 10 new system, in these cases users can use old softwares on the virtual machines of old systems in Windows 10.

Another example is that some old hardwares' drivers can not be compatible with Windows 10 new system, also can use virtual machines of old systems in Windows 10 to load the drivers for old hardwares. Yes, anyway users can use virtual machines of VMware Player
    or Hyper-V to solve the issues that the latest drivers for old peripherals in Windows 10 would no longer have been provided by manufacturers, - these old peripherals should include printers, scanners, etc., but exclude video cards, network adapters cards,
    and so on.

Here is an example of the actual demand:

Epson WF-3540 printer and copier works, but cannot access the scanner at all

Also an example of the actual demand:

Is it possible to run Windows XP on a Surface Pro 4

In fact it is very simple for installing a VMware Player virtual machine in Windows 10, now I will practice it in here.

I could install a virtual machin of VMware Player by following steps:

1. Download VMware Player.

Open web browser and go to the following VMware Player official site:

http://www.vmware.com/products/player

Click "Try for free".

Beside "VMware Workstation 12 Player for Windows 64-bit" click "Download Now", then click "Save".

2. Creates a new folder for VMware Player.

Press Win+X, A, Alt+Y to open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window and run the following command in it:

md "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\VMware\VMwarePlayer"

3. Install VMware Player.

Double-click the downloaded file VMware-player-12.1.0-3272444.exe to start the installation.

The installation location is "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\VMware\VMwarePlayer".

Vmware | software to create virtual computer f300a036-c921-4ce1-887a-e65a8b8e5e00.png

The detailed installing processes and steps are omitted...

4. Run VMware Player.

In File Explorer, double-click "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\VMware\VMwarePlayer\vmplayer.exe"

Vmware | software to create virtual computer fe868147-657d-4a74-8664-614640d6f3da.png

Then type my email, and click [Continue] button... some steps are omitted...

Then VMware Player is starting.

5. Create Windows XP virtual machine in VMware Player.

Put the Windows XP installation disc into the optical disc drive (my optical disc drive is FVmware | software to create virtual computer :).

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 842f4152-c8ad-4f04-8180-af2c625b8585.png

In VMware Player, Click "Create a New Virtual Machine", then "New Virtual Machine Wizard" dialogbox pops up.

On the "Welcome to the New Virtual Machine Wizard" screen, under "Install from:", click or ensure that the default "Installer disc:" radio button is selected.

Then click [Next >] button.

On the "Easy Install Information" wizard, input Windows XP's product key, user full name, and password (can be empty).

On the "Name the Virtual Machine" wizard, I name the virtual machine as "Windows XP Professional", and then click [Browse...] button to select "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\VMware\VMwarePlayer\Virtual Machines\Windows XP Professional" as its stored location.

On the "Specify Disk Capacity" wizard, I type or select the Maximum disk size (GB): "40", click and select "Store vitual disk as a single file" radio button.

On the "Ready to Create Virtual Machine" wizard, click [Customize Hardware...] button, then click "USB Controller", click and ensure that the "Show all USB input devices" checkbox is selected, then click [Close] button.

Ensure that the "Power on this virtual machine after creation" checkbox is selected.

Then click [Finish] button.

6. Complete Windows XP installation.

After finished Windows XP virtual machine creation, "Windows XP Professional" virtual machine reveals in VMware Player, click and select it, then click "Play Virtual Machine".

Vmware | software to create virtual computer f6e58aee-dfbf-44dc-9691-df43047276c0.png

Now Windows XP installing process starts, then I could follow the instructions to continue.

The detailed installing processes and steps are omitted...

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 7d9698d4-2892-4872-aa40-18678cf01c98.png

After finished Windows XP installation, click and select it then click "Player" -> "Power" -> "Power On" to start it.

7. Do "check for software updates", "download all components including VMware Tools", "install or reinstall VMware Tools".

Click "Player" -> "Help" -> "Software Updates", then click [Check for Updates] button.

Click "Player" -> "File" -> "Preferences...", then click [Download All Components Now] button.

Click "Player" -> "Manage" -> "Install VMware Tools..." or "Reinstall VMware Tools...", then follow the instructions to continue.

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 66715be3-5e92-4042-b61a-67c1ac1fb2e8.png

8. Enable and set shared forlders.

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 399a658f-a2b1-449e-adda-5a27fadc9d7c.png

Click "Player" -> "Manage" -> "Virtual Machine Settings...", then click "Options" tab, click "Shared Forlders", click and select "Always enabled" radio button, click [Add...] button, then click [Next >] button, then type and set "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\VMware\VMwarePlayer\Shared"
    as Host Path and "Shared" as Name, then click and select "Map as a network drive in Windows guests", then click [OK] button to store these settings.

Vmware | software to create virtual computer c2396ebc-fe7e-4d33-80cf-776ae9402dfc.png

The shared forlder(s) will be assigned default drive letter(s) such as Z: and so on mapped network drive(s) in virtual machine, also will be the window(s) swaping files, folders, and various data between the virtual machine guest and Windows 10 host. For
    example, I use an old scanner to scan an image in the virtual machine of old system, then I can save this image to a shared forlder, then in Windows 10 I can go to the shared forlder to get it. For another example, in Windows 10 I can put old software's installation
    files or old hardwares' drivers into a shared forlder, then in the virtual machine I can get them from the shared forlder and then use them to install old softwares or old peripherals' drivers.

Similarly, I also could install a virtual machin of Hyper-V by following steps:

1. Enable the features of Hyper-V.

Press Win+X, A, Alt+Y to open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window.

Because by default in Windows 10 the features of Hyper-V are turned off, so I need to run the following command in Command Prompt (Adimin) window to turn its features on:

dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V /All /NoRestart

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 45aad5b3-c9f2-4b5d-8839-0b1baa47f82a.png

I could check the installation of hyper-v: first type or paste "appwiz.cpl" in the Cortana's search box, and then tap or click on the words which reveal on the Cortana's pop-up parts:

appwiz.cpl

Control panel item

Then the "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" window reveals, click "Turn Windows features on or off", then check and verify that all Hyper-V's features are installed.

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 5c89a917-d46f-43d5-ae6f-ac3c480a4223.png

2. Restart the Windows 10 system.

3. Run "Hyper-V Manager".

I could type or paste "virtmgmt.msc" in the Cortana's search box, and then tap or click on the words which reveal on the Cortana's pop-up parts:

virtmgmt.msc

Microsoft Common Console Document

Then "Hyper-V Manager" is running.

4. Create Windows XP virtual machine in Hyper-V Manager

In Hyper-V Manager click its main menu: "Action" -> "New" -> "Virtual Machine..."

Vmware | software to create virtual computer d7147f1f-a3aa-41c5-8a8e-170c78319780.png

Then "New Virtual Machine Wizard" dialogbox pops up.

Then on the "Before You Begin" screen I click [Next >] button.

Then on the "Specify Name and Location" screen I name the virtual machine as "Windows XP Professional".

Vmware | software to create virtual computer 0b2a45dc-ef38-48b5-92c3-eadafa0ffa97.png

And then click and select the "Store the virtual machine in a different location" checkbox, then click [Browse...] button to select "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\Hyper-V\" as the stored location.

Then on the "Specify Generation" screen, ensure that the default "Generation 1" radio button is selected and then click [Next >] button.

Then on the "Assign Memory" screen, type "2048" MB for the "Startup memory" value and ensure that the "Use Dynamic Memory for this machine" checkbox is selected.

Then on the "Configure Networking" screen, because I have not created any virtual switch, so in here the Connection setting still keep "Not Connected".

Then on the "Connect Virtual Hard Disk" screen, ensure that the default "Create a virtual hard disk" radio button is selected and then type or select the settings as below:

Name: "WinXPPro.vhdx"

Location: "E:\Software\Tools\VirtualMachines\Hyper-V\Windows XP Professional\Virtual Hard Disks\"

Size: "44" GB

Put the Windows XP installation disc into the optical disc drive, my optical disc drive is F:, so on the "Installation Options" screen, I click and select the "Install an operating system from a bootable CD/DVD-ROM" radio button.

Then the "Summary" screen reveals, view the virtual machine details in here and then click [Finish] button to complete the virtual machine creation.

5. Complete Windows XP installation

Now "Windows XP Professional" virtual machine reveals on the Virtual Machines list, its state is off.

Right-click it, and then in the shortcut menu click on "Start" item. (Also can double-click on the virtual machine, then click and select from menu: "Action" -> "Start".)

This is like pressing the power button on a physical computer. I might be prompted to "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", go ahead and do so.

The virtual machine boots into setup and I can walk through the installation just like I would on a physical computer.

The remaining steps are omitted...

Trybird, Jun 21, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Need Software to create Virtual Tape Library.

Hi Guys,

Need a software to create Virtual Tape Library...

Thanks

sammy, Jun 21, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

VMware Expands its View, Brings Windows Virtual Desktop to Kindle Fire, Mac and Linux

VMware, Inc., the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the availability of new VMware View Clients for Kindle Fire, Mac and Linux, along with updates to its popular VMware View Clients for Android and iPad. Available today as technology previews, the new VMware View Clients for Mac and Linux allow IT organizations to empower more agile, productive and connected workforce or school communities by enabling an easy to access, high fidelity desktop virtualization experience optimized for the device of their choice.

"More and more people want the freedom to choose the device that best fits their computing needs in school and into the workplace," said Pat Lee, director, end user clients, VMware. "With the new VMware View Clients, both IT and end users win with a complete, secure and easily-accessible virtual desktop on the devices that best meet their needs."

Supporting Device Diversity:
    While the proliferation of new devices is prevalent across all industries today, the education sector is at the forefront of this trend with labs supporting both Mac and Windows desktops as well as students bringing in their own tablets, laptops and PCs that are based on OS X, Windows and other platforms. The introduction of the new VMware View™ Clients for Mac and Linux will allow campus IT organizations to better support these end users and ensure that students have readily-available access to their applications and a consistent learning experience across devices.

"Fifty one-percent of our faculty computers are Macs and just over twenty nine-percent of our student population uses Macs," said Steve Swartz, chief information officer and AVP of Technology at Fitchburg State University. "Having a Mac client running PCoIP is critical to our ability to extend VDI to these users."

"We're very excited about this release," added Dale A. Starr, junior associate director, Technology Support & Service, Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts – Amherst. "We've recently started deploying Mac computers in a managed configuration. One of the sticking points that users are commonly running into is software that only runs on Windows. It will be a great benefit to have the PCoIP client for Mac."

VMware View – Simplifying Today's Desktop:
    VMware View is a complete, virtual desktop solution that enables enterprises to improve security and lower operating costs, while simplifying desktop administration and management by establishing a modern, end-user computing architecture. The result is a more flexible, centrally hosted computing model that provides IT with greater control and end users with freedom to access to their desktop across the broadest set of devices.

The new VMware View Clients deliver:
    • Rich Desktop Experience with PCoIP – The new VMware View clients for Mac and Linux bring users the rich desktop VMware View experience to Mac and Linux users. VMware View clients with PCoIP provide end-users with top performance regardless of network conditions.
    • Optimized for Mac OS X Lion – Designed from the ground up for the Mac and with support for Lion Full Screen mode, Mac users can seamless switch between their Mac apps and their View virtual desktop with a swipe on the trackpad.
    • Simple Connectivity – The VMware View clients for Mac and Linux are tightly integrated with the VMware View 4.6 and 5.0 for simple setup and connectivity. Quickly reconnect to your desktop in a few simple steps.
    • Available in Ubuntu Software Center – VMware View client for Linux is available in the Ubuntu Software Center, making it easy for desktop Linux users to install the VMware View client and access their virtual desktops.
    • Available in Amazon Appstore for Android for the Amazon Kindle Fire – VMware View client for Android is now available in the Amazon Appstore for Android, making it easy for Amazon Kindle Fire users to install the VMware View client and access their virtual desktops.

btarunr, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Vmware | software to create virtual computer - Similar Threads - Vmware software create

2. KB5014738 causing issues to VMware virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5014738 causing issues to VMware virtual machines: Hello Folks,We faced an issue after installing patch KB5014738 on windows 2012 R2 servers. These are VMs on vmware vsphere. After installing the patch the remote services of machine went down and we could not RDP into the machine or access any share. The only fix was to login...
  3. How to activate windows in vmware virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows in vmware virtual machine?: Because I don't have windows activation key of my main physical system as it is digitally licenced. I'm using windows 10 home and 21H1 version on my main pc. And i'm testing windows 11 developer preview version on vmware on same system. But windows 11 is not activating even...
  4. Any software to create a virtual display monitor device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any software to create a virtual display monitor device?: I need a virtual monitor device for my laptop so that I can use Chrome Remote Desktop properly when the laptop's lid is closed. Now if the lid is closed the Intel Graphic Driver won‘t detect any screen and many program windows won't be rendered properly . submitted by...
  5. Installing Windows 10 as a Virtual Machine with VMware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 as a Virtual Machine with VMware: I have my registered copy of Windows 10. I want to install it as a virtual machine on VMware. Will my registration activate on the virtual machine if it is already activated on the host machine? If so, since it was tied to this machine at install, how do I register the...
  6. Vmware Software

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware Software: Hello everyone.. I have the Vmware Software on my PC, and I want to add three Windows servers to it and try Always on (SQL Server). Can my desktop be damaged in any way? This is a new computer that I mainly use to Sound production and computer games, and I'm a little...
  7. VMWARE create EFI Virtual machine (solved)

VMWARE create EFI Virtual machine (solved): Hi guys if using VMWARE and you want to create a EFI VM just create the VM normally -- use "Other OS" and I will install the OS later. (This is if in the advanced features the UEFI option is greyed out --in VMWare Workststion. In player you'll have to add the line in any...
  8. Virtual Piano Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Piano Software: Does anyone here know if there is a Virtual Piano Software out there that I can download that will allow me to changed the piano chord keys to match the keyboard keys? For example: "If i hit the letter "C" on my keyboard, it will play the C chord on the piano. 119467
  9. Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.

Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.: I decided (more out of academic interest than need) that I would setup windows 10586 in a vm on VMWARE, and also Insider version. Problem was I could not find anyway of doing this. You could install first version, but how to install second version, as you automatically...
  10. Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine

Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine: I have been trying to open a virtual machine but nothing happens. I did have Bitdefender installed but I've removed that (you can't add exclusions in the free version it seems), So I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. The only security I have running at the moment...