Windows 10: Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available

Discus and support Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there VMware users an update both for Windows and Linux hosts is available - workstation 12.5.5 Cheers jimbo 80414 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Mar 27, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available

Hi there

VMware users

an update both for Windows and Linux hosts is available - workstation 12.5.5

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 27, 2017

2. vmplayer 7 can not access internet in windows 10

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to hear of your networking problem which occurred as a result of upgrading to Windows 10. Removing and reinstalling your version of VMWare Player after the upgrade to Windows 10 will likely resolve your problem (as
    it will restart the key VMWare networking services which enable your PC and VMs to have network connectivity). VMWare has also updated its line of desktop virtualization software to be Windows 10 compatible. You may also want to update to the latest versions
    of VMware Workstation 12 Player.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Nanakul [MSFT], Mar 27, 2017
  3. Free VMPlayer compatibility with Windows 10 as the host OS

At this point in time, none of the VMWare players are compatible with Windows 10 host. I have tried all of them up to and including version 12. There are no errors but all guest OS will be painfully slow. Hopefully, VMWare will release a Windows 10
    compatible player. I went back to Windows 8.1 host and all my machines are running fast again.

The Victim, Mar 27, 2017
  4. JPond Win User

Thanks for the update note. Btw is there anyway to create a desktop shortcut directly to the VM on the free version or is that just avaliable on the paid version?

JPond, Apr 2, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    @JPond

Should have created one when it installed, if you checked that option (can't remember if there is an option).. but if not:

Navigate to the .exe in Program Files (x86), right click, send to, Desktop (create shortcut)...

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 2, 2017
  6. JPond Win User
    @f14tomcat That creates a shortcut to the Player which then loads up and I have to select the VM. It doesnt launch the VM directly on a shortcut.

JPond, Apr 2, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    @JPond

Oops! Sorry, misunderstood.

I just did the same thing with the configuration file of the VM I wanted. And the Desktop shortcut opened it up and ran.

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 2, 2017
  8. JPond Win User

JPond, Apr 2, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    You're welcome, Sir!

f14tomcat, Apr 2, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    Why not create a new news item. This reply will get lost here?

cereberus, Dec 22, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    You found it. It mostly comes down to laziness *Biggrin

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available - Similar Threads - Vmware update workstation

2. Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12: Quick Overview Building on over 20 years of local virtualization excellence, the latest releases of our favorite virtualization tools deliver some amazing new capabilities for IT Admins, for Developers, and for everyone else. Top of the list is bringing Kubernetes and...
  3. Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12

in Windows 10 Support
    Announcing: VMware Workstation 16 and Fusion 12: Quick Overview Building on over 20 years of local virtualization excellence, the latest releases of our favorite virtualization tools deliver some amazing new capabilities for IT Admins, for Developers, and for everyone else. Top of the list is bringing Kubernetes and...
  4. New VMWare Workstation 15.5.0 Available

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Workstation 15.5.0 Available: New release of VMWare Workstation is out. free [img] 140882
  5. VMWare on Linux Host with 5.x kernels

VMWare on Linux Host with 5.x kernels: Hi folks If you are using a Linux Host with 5,x kernels e.g Fedora 30 etc You need to apply a patch to get VMWare to work properly From your Linux Host run : wget https://github.com/mkubecek/vmware-h...-15.1.0.tar.gz tar -xzf workstation-15.1.0.tar.gz cd...
  6. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  7. vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10: Hi there VMWARE users - Workstation release 12 is now available - specially built for W10 VMware Workstation: Multiple Operating Systems Linux, Windows 8 More | United States Cheers jimbo 19848
  8. vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host

vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host: running W10 as a GUEST on VMware WKS 11 / vmplayer 7 message is no 3d support from Host. However the VM seems to work perfectly and I'm not getting as far as I can see any degradation on graphics --play an old game like spider solitaire - if the card movements are jerky then...
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...