Windows 10: VMWARE users - thanks to ALTAE Networking Fix W10 build 1607

Discus and support VMWARE users - thanks to ALTAE Networking Fix W10 build 1607 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there This fix came from ALTAE (another W10 member) but was buried in a thread that could easily be missed. You might find networking on VM's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMWARE users - thanks to ALTAE Networking Fix W10 build 1607

Hi there

This fix came from ALTAE (another W10 member) but was buried in a thread that could easily be missed.

You might find networking on VM's is broken after upgrade to 1607. Some adapters missing or won't work.

Simply in the VMware editor (need to start in administrator mode) and enter the network editor. Then click the restore defaults. It will go through a slew of virtual network adapters deleting and re-installing - and then your VM should network correctly as before.

You don't need to reboot but the VM must be powered off.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2016
  2. mics1 Win User

Windows 10 - Black Screen upon boot-up, no cursor, ctrl+alt+del doesn't work.

After successful installation of Windows 10 Preview-Build 15002 (in a VM, VMware WS), I've started update of the actual patches. I don't know whether the update(s) were successful, but after restart of W10, I saw only the same as susancarr-2343.

It is nearly impossible. under this cicumstances, to get into save mode, as proposed earlyer.

Problem located but not fixed:

After clean install of W10 15002 and upgrade to Build 15007.rs_prerelease.170107-1846, the cause of my Problem is clear: It's vmware tools video driver (I still have WS 11.1.4).

Up to W10 1607 (Build 14393.693), the vmware tools video driver is working well.

mics1, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Hard disk won't stay alive

Thank you for your reply. I ran the troubleshooter and it fixed several things but it still hasn't fixed the issue I reported.

My W10 version is 1607, OS build number is 14393 1593.

It's an internal hard disk on a relatively new PC

Problematiquepal, Aug 5, 2016
  4. TeknoBug Win User

Excellent, thanks for the tip on the fix.

TeknoBug, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

1. VMWARE users - thanks to ALTAE Networking Fix W10 build 1607 - Similar Threads - VMWARE users thanks

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. VMware users and insider build 18290 GSOD

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware users and insider build 18290 GSOD: Hi folks just a warning to anybody who uses vmware on the latest insider build 18290. (Using build 18290 as HOST). Program will start but as soon as you power on any GUEST (Windows or Linux guests) Windows will abend / crash with GSOD. Problem reported to VMWARE. I'm on...
  5. VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out

VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out: Hi folks VMware users build 14.1.3 is available both for Linux and Windows Hosts - Free upgrade. Appropriate upgrade for users of the free VMware player as well. From VMware menu --help --check for upgrades should get you to download / install. I use both VMWARE...
  6. VMware new build

VMware new build: New VMware update this morning, if anyone uses it. Version 12.1.1 and updated tools. 48536
  7. Host W10 - VMWARE - Networking - anybody got it to work

Host W10 - VMWARE - Networking - anybody got it to work: Hi there installing VMWARE workstation on W10 HOST machine -- (VMware workstation version 10). NAT and Bridged adapters don't work - anybody else had any luck (or with VMware player). (W10 x-64 Enterprise version). Cheers jimbo 2380
  8. Build 1607 Not Installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 1607 Not Installing: Hello, My little netbook is having trouble installing Build 1607. Currently I have Win10 Pro 32-bit, Build 10240. There was a recent update to that build, it installed fine, and now the only update that keeps coming up is Build 1607. Each time, it progresses to a certain...
  9. W10 network reset - Anniverdary build

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 network reset - Anniverdary build: Hi all, As we all know, if we select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm, this will uninstall your network card and prompt you to reboot the pc. Upon Windows...
  10. Vmware on HOST W10 Machine Networks don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vmware on HOST W10 Machine Networks don't work: Hi there trying various VM's on a HOST W10 under VMWARE WORKSTATION 10 -- (XP / W7 / W8.1 / W10 / Linux ) -- all these fail to start network either in BRIDGED or NAT mode. If the HOST is now a W8.1 system connections all work for these machines Still looks like...