Windows 10: vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host

Discus and support vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; running W10 as a GUEST on VMware WKS 11 / vmplayer 7 message is no 3d support from Host. However the VM seems to work perfectly and I'm not getting as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 22, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host

running W10 as a GUEST on VMware WKS 11 / vmplayer 7 message is no 3d support from Host. However the VM seems to work perfectly and I'm not getting as far as I can see any degradation on graphics --play an old game like spider solitaire - if the card movements are jerky then graphics are not working properly. Graphics are absolutely fine it seems.

Running WKS 10.0.4 or vmplayer 6 - no message.

I get the feeling that the support is now built in to the VMware tools graphics driver so the message might be because of the config file.

I'm just going to ignore it --doesn't seem to have any problems.

BTW to test if your host DOES support 3D simply if it's Linux run glxgears. If you see the coloured wheels in 3d then everything is OK. Pic shown.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 22, 2015
  2. Davis 67 Win User

Need information on XP Mode on Windows 10

Hi Rufus07,

I can tell you how it worked for me.

(1) When I was still on Windows 7, I used both Virtual PC and VMWare VMPlayer. In Windows 7, VMPlayer prompted me to convert my "free" Virtual PC Windows XP mode file to a VMPlayer virtual machine. This involved using "VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone
    Client" -- and VMPlayer walked me through the process very nicely.

(2) Once inside the VMPlayer Windows XP virtual machine, I was prompted to activated Windows XP through it's built-in activation technology. The Virtual PC Windows XP mode was still activated though. Like you I had an appropriate Windows XP license to use.
    All my VMPlayer VMs worked great after the upgrade to Windows 10, as did VMPlayer itself.

(3) An appropriate path for you may be (while still in Windows 7) to convert your Virtual PC VMs for use in another product: e.g. VMPlayer, Virtual Box, etc. and activate them if necessary. Make sure they work in the new environment, then do the upgrade
    to Windows 10. Back up your computer before the upgrade.

So the upshot is, once you create a Windows XP virtual machine using something other than Virtual PC Windows XP mode, you'll be prompted by Windows XP to activate. I personally I have found VMPlayer to work very well, I would suggest that. Turn on Internet
    with the VM to activate, turn it off after.

If you have questions please ask!

Best Regards.

Davis 67, Jan 22, 2015
  3. Win 10 upgrade is now being blocked due to "Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver

Win 10 upgrade is now being blocked due to "Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver on my Win 7 PRO VM's and my Win 8.1 VM's.

Initially it was a warning, but sometime later changed to FATAL error blocking Win 10 upgrade.

Original Title: VMWare Workstation 11 SVGA driver

Updated just in case someone reads a Vmware answer.

Jonas Grumby-IIXL, Jan 22, 2015
Thema:

vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host

1. vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host - Similar Threads - vmware wks vmplayer

2. VMWare WKS / Player - what currently works on Linux Hosts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare WKS / Player - what currently works on Linux Hosts: Hi folks what Linux Host distros are anybody using where current versions of VMWare WKS / Player really work . Please specify distro and kernel (simply from the linux console type uname -r -- you don't need sudo or su) . I've tried a few with kernel 5.9.xx and BIG fail !!...
  3. VMWare WKS 20H1 evaluation

VMWare WKS 20H1 evaluation: Hi folks Noticed so far : 1) Evaluation seems to last until 31 Oct 2020 2) you cannot disable debugging mode -- so it's possible that the performance could be slightly degraded -- can't say I've noticed it yet though. 3) Linux VM's with a GUI don't allow 1920 X 1080 screen...
  4. VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade

VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade: Hi folks The VMWare WKS release 15 definitely a worthwhile upgrade -- better snapshot managing, memory etc --I/O seems to have been really better optimised too. Haven't tested all the features but I'm impressed so far -- also annoying defect of having to run in admin mode...
  5. WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware

WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware: Hi folks For VMware WKS 14.1.3 users (and equivalent VMware player version) I've submitted a defect / bug report to VMware. Hopefully it will be addressed in next update - however as I pointed out the "get around" is simple - start VMware player / workstation in administrator...
  6. VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved

VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved: Hi there VMWARE WKS 12.1 seems to have an error on both LINUX and WINDOWS Hosts. If you try and attach a printer to the VM you get "Printing must be globally enabled" message in the VMware VM configuration. There's nowhere to set this !!!!!. Any way of adding it...
  7. Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1)

Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1): Hi there FINALLY !!! Unity mode is working with Windows 10 build 10130 and VMware workstation rel 11.1 latest build. Unity means that the VM can access menus from your HOST desktop without you switching to the VM itself. In a way rather like XPMode - but infinitely...
  8. Vmware wokstation downgrade to WKS 10 on Linux host

Vmware wokstation downgrade to WKS 10 on Linux host: Hi there. While we are on a Windows Forum I know some people run Linux here - so if you find that Workstation or Player (VMWARE) 11 / 7 doesn't work properly on a LINUX HOST (I've still got problems with Unity and random freezes running Windows 8.1 and 10 guests) then to...
  9. Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available: Hi there VMware users an update both for Windows and Linux hosts is available - workstation 12.5.5 Cheers jimbo 80414
  10. Note VMPLAYER R7 and WKS Rel 11 need 64 Bit HOST OS'es

Note VMPLAYER R7 and WKS Rel 11 need 64 Bit HOST OS'es: Hi there Just a note to people thinking of upgrading to vmplayer rel 7o r Workstation 11. These require the HOST OS to be 64 bit - whether the host is WINDOWS or LINUX. The older releases - player rel 6 and Workstation 10 can still run on 32 bit machines. Some of you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmplayer 10 amdgpu 3d warning