Windows 10: vmware wks11 no progs launch from taskbar--

Discus and support vmware wks11 no progs launch from taskbar-- in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Windows 8.1 Host. W8.1 / W10 VM's running under VMware workstation 11 don't launch any programs from the taskbar. You can click and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 6, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

vmware wks11 no progs launch from taskbar--

Hi there

Windows 8.1 Host.

W8.1 / W10 VM's running under VMware workstation 11 don't launch any programs from the taskbar. You can click and nothing happens.

Programs work from the Start (Charms -- Windows 8.1) or icons pinned to the desktop. Seems the Quick launch task bar has become NON functional.

I'm going to update the VM's to "Wks 11 hardware" and see if that alters anything. - The VM's I'm using were created with WKS 10. (Workstation 10).

Linux Host -- VM's work but the quick launch bar only works in NON full screen (Windowed) mode .

UNITY mode (Linux Hosts) works 100%.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 6, 2014
  2. CJI_15 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer won't launch.

The File Explorer would not launch from the Taskbar as well and was set at 150%. The File Explorer would launch if a Folder was opened.

When I changed the Display to 175% or 200% the File Explorer launched from the Taskbar . This doesn't make any sense!! Must be a corruption somewhere in the system.

I did an sfc/scannow and 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations'.

I made a new user account with admin privileges and the File Explorer launched from the Taskbar. I restarted the Surface Pro 3 and File Explorer still would not launch from the Taskbar in the original account.

Anyway thanks for the temporary fix in the meantime.

CJI_15, Dec 6, 2014
  3. rgp1942 Win User
    Mixed Reality Portal -- prevent launch on PC wake or HMD move

Whenever I wake my PC from sleep (several times a day), the WMR portal starts up and I have to close it. I want to leave my HMD plugged in (hard to reach in back of PC) and have the WMR portal only launch when I launch it (like any other prog). Is there
    a way to prevent auto-launching of the portal? Also happens when the HMD is moved. A real nuisance to have it programmed this way (what were they thinking).

rgp1942, Dec 6, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

After reading your post Jim I went and installed Microsoft 2007 then pinned all the apps that I use then tested to see if I had the same problem. . .no there was no problem all of them started up without a single problem. No sure of your problem, albeit will attempt other programs to see if your problem shows up with them. . .(this was done on Windows 10 Build 9879.

5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Seemed to be a problem with the VMware 3D graphic driver and HOST INTEL HD graphics -- I had some mks-3d enabled = "True" in the config file. Removing that (on Windows HOST) seemed to fix the problem.

(VMware 10 was fine. --BTW I didn't upgrade the hardware compatibility to WKS 11 yet (It's an option in the vm menu) as I still use these VM's on other systems where I don't have WKS 11 installed.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. vmware wks11 no progs launch from taskbar-- - Similar Threads - vmware wks11 progs

2. Taskbar not hidding at launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not hidding at launch.: Hello,I am building a Windows 11 living room gaming machine. I set it to log in automatically and launch Steam in Big Picture mode at startup. However, the taskbar remains at startup since steam loading, although I have configured it to auto-hide and i have disabled...
  3. Taskbar not hidding at launch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not hidding at launch.: Hello,I am building a Windows 11 living room gaming machine. I set it to log in automatically and launch Steam in Big Picture mode at startup. However, the taskbar remains at startup since steam loading, although I have configured it to auto-hide and i have disabled...
  4. I couldn’t launch edge from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I couldn’t launch edge from my taskbar: In my windows 11 21H1 it was working fine till when I launch edge on the taskbar it won’t work cause some configuration,I’m on home so I can’t open gpedit,I need help,I don’t wanna erase my data.Moderator noteThis question was posted to Japanese article, then moved....
  5. I couldn’t launch edge from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I couldn’t launch edge from my taskbar: In my windows 11 21H1 it was working fine till when I launch edge on the taskbar it won’t work cause some configuration,I’m on home so I can’t open gpedit,I need help,I don’t wanna erase my data.Moderator noteThis question was posted to Japanese article, then moved....
  6. delete progs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete progs.: Hello, I have a Dell running windows 10. When I open This PC in explorer there is a folder D:\ and also shown on the page L.H. column is a drive called DataD: as well as OSc:. The DataD: drive has the same files as the D:\. How do I delete the D:/ folder. Thanks...
  7. Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer launch lauch from taskbar error: I'm getting intermittent error usually the first time I try to access after a boot). The error that comes up is explorer.EXE Server Execution Failure. Another error screen says no app for this shortcut. I deleted the task bar shortcut and created a new one and it didn't make...
  8. prog files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    prog files: what is c:\\tostack prog. file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prog-files/e9b53654-81e2-4d48-a486-efbb02e80335
  9. vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar: Hi there W10 X-64 pro (build 10547) and vmware workstation rel 12 - in full screen mode can't launch apps from taskbar. Works fine in Windowed mode This happens on LINUX Hosts - (Opensuse, Centos and Mint) Cheers jimbo 23751
  10. File Explore Slow Launch from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explore Slow Launch from Taskbar: When I launch the file explorer from the icon pinned to the taskbar, it takes 3-4 seconds to launch. But when I launch it from the start menu, it's almost instantaneous. What could be the cause of this? 107627