Windows 10: volume button on keyboard not working

Discus and support volume button on keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by confusedchild11, Jul 22, 2018.

1. volume button on keyboard not working

I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up my screen, make it biggr or make some weird coding **** pop up. how do i fix this asap thanks. i'm using windows 10 on chrome.

* Moved from IE8/other

:)

confusedchild11, Jul 22, 2018

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I guess so... because in every other game I play, the keyboard volume hotkeys work... whereas in metro last light, pressing those keys does nothing. I did not switch Keyboard profiles or game profiles...

It's most likely the game that is somehow locking those features... I also have a CM storm mouse with volume controlled mapped to certain mouse buttons, and them too won't work in metro last light... but they do in every other game... weird...

jonathan1107, Jul 22, 2018
  4. volume button on keyboard not working

Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

volume button on keyboard not working

1. volume button on keyboard not working - Similar Threads - volume button keyboard

2. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work: So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was concerned, I didn't try to do anything and just used the right one. Last night, I was trying to turn the brightness down by using...
  3. Volume buttons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume buttons are not working: For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help....
  4. Volume buttons

Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306
  5. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.: Hello, I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen. Used the cmd (with administrator privileges) and entered the following commands. 1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup...
  6. Changing buttons on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing buttons on keyboard: Hello: I am using Keyboard Layout Manager (klm32.com) to change the function of any key on the keyboard (I have Win 7 now). However, it seems as if the website no longer exists, so I am looking for alternatives. Is it possible to change the function of any key in Windows...
  7. Keyboard keypress volume

Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053
  8. (Win 10) My start menu button and volume control button isn't working

in Windows 10 Support
    (Win 10) My start menu button and volume control button isn't working: Whenever I press the start menu button at the bottom left corner, the menu does not pop up so I can not use any of my apps. Same with the volume button. Whenever I press it, the horizontal rectangle volume control does not appear so I have to right click to change my volume....
  9. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...
  10. Windows start button and volume control do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start button and volume control do not work: I use the volume control constantly - start button seldom - Tried to adjust the volume yesterday and the slider did not come up. had to open Volume Mixer to adjust sound. Search (cortana) doesn't work either... just checked and the calendar won't open .. nor will the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard volume not working

2. virtual keyboard with volume buttons pc