Windows 10: volume button on keyboard not working

Discus and support volume button on keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by confusedchild11, Jul 22, 2018.

1. volume button on keyboard not working

I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up my screen, make it biggr or make some weird coding **** pop up. how do i fix this asap thanks. i'm using windows 10 on chrome.

* Moved from IE8/other

:)

confusedchild11, Jul 22, 2018

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I guess so... because in every other game I play, the keyboard volume hotkeys work... whereas in metro last light, pressing those keys does nothing. I did not switch Keyboard profiles or game profiles...

It's most likely the game that is somehow locking those features... I also have a CM storm mouse with volume controlled mapped to certain mouse buttons, and them too won't work in metro last light... but they do in every other game... weird...

jonathan1107, Jul 22, 2018
  4. volume button on keyboard not working

Volume buttons won't work

Hello Aaron,

• Are you referring to the volume key on the keyboard?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers?
    If not I suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest keyboard drivers and check if that helps, post that suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check for the issue.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

volume button on keyboard not working

1. volume button on keyboard not working - Similar Threads - volume button keyboard

2. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  3. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  4. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  5. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  6. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mute Button and Volume Scroll Wheel on Keyboard work, but don't actually change the volume

Mute Button and Volume Scroll Wheel on Keyboard work, but don't actually change the volume: When I use either the mute button or volume scroll on my keyboard, they change the volume on the overlay, but that volume isn't linked to the actual volume of Windows. I can manually change the volume by clicking on the sound icon and moving my mouse, but I'd like to have...
  8. VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: For some reason now when I press F1 F2 or F3 to adjust the volume it doesn't work anymore. F1 brings me to the Microsoft Edge page and F2 and F3 open a small search window. How do I get the buttons to default to volume control again and how could this have changed on it's...
  9. Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently my top row of buttons has been working incorrectly. For example, when I try to turn my volume up it opens up my internet search bar. When I try and turn my volume down it asks me if I sure I want to leave the current page, and...
  10. Volume buttons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume buttons are not working: For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is volume button on keyboard for pc

2. volume buttons on keyboard dont work

3. volume button in keyboard

4. keyboard volume not working,
  5. virtual keyboard with volume buttons pc