Windows 10: Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key

Discus and support Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; -I thought it was my keyboard it's self 'Reclusa' NO -I thought it was the program I was using (firefox) nope happens in chrome and other apps NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by remieres, Mar 5, 2016.

1. remieres Win User

Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key

-I thought it was my keyboard it's self 'Reclusa' NO
    -I thought it was the program I was using (firefox) nope happens in chrome and other apps NO
    -Thought it was a setting in the recording devices, that automatically adjust the volume of programs to favor microphone and live chat apps. NO

Yet still in Windows 10 I unpredictably see the volume meter show up on the top left of my monitor automatically reducing by roughly 4 degrees. The only thing I'll be doing is scrolling a page or game with the 'page down' button on my keyboard. This does not happen, every time I press the 'page down' key. Though again when it does happen I catch it while touching briefly the 'page down' key.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

:)

remieres, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Nijo_ Win User

Does anyone else have these problems and BUGS?

You don't understand.

Yes the volume down key is broken. But undisturbed, the volume slides down and then stops. The problem fixes itself but recurs after some time. Read this post, similar issue

Windows Phone volume randomly drops

Nijo_, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Nick F.. Win User
    Function lock on ASUS X541U laptop

Thanks.

I was looking for something to lock the FN key so i can control my Asus Zephyrus laptop volume with one hand.

Thanks to your recommendation i remap the :

'Page up' and 'Page down' keys as

'Volume up' and 'Volume down' keys.

And works perfect.

Thanks again..

Nick F.., Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key

1. Volume changes randomly with 'page down' key - Similar Threads - Volume changes randomly

2. Is the BitLocker key page down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the BitLocker key page down?: I have been trying to access the BitLocker key for a device I have but every time I go to the page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey it says "Something went wrong, try a bit later". I have tried now for two days and the site never loads. Does this simply mean...
  3. Is the BitLocker key page down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the BitLocker key page down?: I have been trying to access the BitLocker key for a device I have but every time I go to the page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey it says "Something went wrong, try a bit later". I have tried now for two days and the site never loads. Does this simply mean...
  4. Is the BitLocker key page down?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. page up and page down keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    page up and page down keys: how can i reduce the space that the page moves up and down when i press the pgdn and pgup keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-up-and-page-down-keys/ba5586bc-8c00-4d66-8a05-06d60551fda4
  6. Random Volume Changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Volume Changes: I have a problem that my Sound Volume changes randomly from time to time on windows. I can literally see how the Volume bar raises (as I'm writing this I realise its actually ONLY raising, never falling). Is there a way to see where this input comes from? So it could be a...
  7. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  8. Volume Randomly Changes

Volume Randomly Changes: Whenever I'm watching YouTube, sometimes my volume randomly changes. This isn't just for YouTube though. It happens to any application I'm using. What happens is that, when the volume changes, the slider number says the same but the volume gets really loud. To fix this, I...
  9. Audio volume changes up and down randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio volume changes up and down randomly: The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried many of the suggestions on this thread:...
  10. Volume Randomly Changing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Randomly Changing.: So when i play music on Spotify while playing a game, my volume randomly goes up and down, It only stops if i mute all of the sounds of the game, i've looked and looked in all the settings, changed the communications tab to "do nothing" and it still wants to change my volume,...