Windows 10: Volume control only 100% or 0%

Discus and support Volume control only 100% or 0% in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hiya, Not sure if this is in the right place but got a weird one. The volume slider on my pc displays correctly, slides from top to bottom fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkL057, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MarkL057 Win User

Volume control only 100% or 0%

Hiya,
    Not sure if this is in the right place but got a weird one.

The volume slider on my pc displays correctly, slides from top to bottom fine, but 1%-100% outputs the same volume (as far as I can tell it outputs 100%) and 0% correctly mutes the output.
    Programs like VLC and WMP allow me to change the volume that they output fine, but windows controller just doesn't.

I've reinstalled windows since this began but no change.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

:)

MarkL057, Aug 14, 2017
  2. roromx Win User

Volume controls doing weird stuff with balance

In Windows 10, my volume control is doing weird stuff, it changes the balance, and I really only have two intensities, 0 and 100.

When I start to lower the volume from 100 it starts to go all the balance to the right speaker but the same intensity, only lowers when I got to zero, which is mute. so from 1 to 100 its the same volume, the only thing that change are the balance.

My PCI audio card is a Sabrent SBT-SP6C

roromx, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Volume control not working

Hi, I am having a problem with my volume control. I can open the volume control, and volume mixer, and change volumes, however, master volume does nothing. If it is at any volume level other than 0, it is like it is at 100 volume. Volume settings in the
    volume mixer still affect volume, but not master volume.

I have tried several steps, such as uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver, and just uninstalling my audio drive and then proceeding as usual.

GabeMiller, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

Volume control only 100% or 0%

1. Volume control only 100% or 0% - Similar Threads - Volume control 100%

2. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  3. Volume locks at 0 or 100

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume locks at 0 or 100: I have reached out to Microsoft several times with the following issue and also read through the threads associated with the problem, have taken all suggestions including booting in Safe Mode, clean boot and have rebuilt the workstation to OS 11, nothing works. Occasionally...
  4. Microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many people use a Microphone with the computer for conversing with friends or colleagues online, audio recording, gaming etc. However, at times they find that their microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume. I know it can be very annoying and if you are facing the...
  5. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume: Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting all aspects of control including gaming and browsing. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the driver....
  6. Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?: The solution below will solve removing beep noise the problem: Open Windows Registry regedit.exe. Jump to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT Create REG_DWORD DisableAbsoluteVolume and set it's value to 1. Restart PC...
  7. Volume control key only responds once

Volume control key only responds once: Hello, The volume/brightness control buttons on the keyboard only respond once and I have to wait for the volume/brightness status pop-up to disappear before the buttons would work again. I used to be able to keep my finger down on the button and change the...
  8. Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0

Audio volume randomly jumps up to 100 down to 0: I've tried most if not all the solutions here dating from 2015 to 2019. None work. Does anyone have a new solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-randomly-jumps-up-to-100-down-to-0/4d94b176-7fb6-428d-b0f4-f8d4bb54c88d
  9. Windows 10 - Volume control is at 100; cannot be adjusted at all

Windows 10 - Volume control is at 100; cannot be adjusted at all: A few days ago, a black rectangle appeared on the top left side of the screen. Turns out, it has to do with the volume control. The sound volume is at 100, and cannot be lowered. I tried trouble-shooting; nothing helped. Any suggestions?...
  10. London Control volume defaults to 0 and is not audible when changed

London Control volume defaults to 0 and is not audible when changed: Hi all! I am having a problem with the volume of the Application 'London Control'. Until last week it worked fine, however when I opened the program 'London Control' yesterday, the volume always defaults to 0 as you can see below. [ATTACH] When I subsequently try to...