Windows 10: Volume control slow to respond including other task bar icons

Discus and support Volume control slow to respond including other task bar icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am not sure if this is a real issue that i'm having but i haven't had this problem before in the past when i was running windows 8.1. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bruce the Shark, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Volume control slow to respond including other task bar icons

Hi
    I am not sure if this is a real issue that i'm having but i haven't had this problem before in the past when i was running windows 8.1.

It seems now my laptop which has been recently upgraded to Windows 10 is now slowing down and accessing any toolbar is becoming very slow to respond when selecting an icon.

Although i dont have this issue compared to my desktop pc running the same operating system, this now is starting to become very concerning.

I was just wondering unless there are other startup programs in the background that i am not aware of, that is slowing things down the system which is understandable but i would think this now take me several minutes even up to about 10 minutes at a time before i access the volume control or for that matter any other toolbars on the task bar.

The strange thing here is that i can open up Google Chrome or Windows Edge or for that matter any other program i wish without having to wait. But why is it, this is only happening with the icon on the task bar.

Just wondering what should i do to allow this to say speed things up for me. Has anyone else had this similar issue.

Oh by the way i hardly have any programs installed on my laptop and this is still a fairly new pc as it is a Acer i5 processor so i would think it should be able to handle this startup issue without me having to wait such a long time.

Any ideas to get this moving more quickly.
    Thanks

:)

Bruce the Shark, Jan 4, 2016
  2. gary3247 Win User

Sound Icon missing in notification area in windows 10

The Volume control Icon is missing from the task bar in windows 10.

gary3247, Jan 4, 2016
  3. nTn969 Win User
    Taskbar Icons

Some of task bar icons like start, clock & calendar, volume,network & notifications are not responding to clicks.

nTn969, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Volume control slow to respond including other task bar icons

1. Volume control slow to respond including other task bar icons - Similar Threads - Volume control slow

2. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  3. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  4. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. task bar volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    task bar volume icon not working: task bar volume icon not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-volume-icon-not-working/cc56ba2e-ba43-406b-95e5-acb9fc4b6ab6
  6. Volume Control on task bar

Volume Control on task bar: Then volume icon in my task bar is inoperative. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-task-bar/63d959a8-37e8-445e-bee0-096dda4bdc50
  7. volume icon on task bar not working

volume icon on task bar not working: how can I turn the volume icon on the taskbar back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-task-bar-not-working/1365600e-edbb-4b25-ba0e-467f1926bc14
  8. Why are my task bar icons not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are my task bar icons not responding?: I just did a clean installation of windows 10 pro 2004. I can't get my clock, sound, or internet icons to respond on my task bar. 165479
  9. Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!

Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!: The Volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I cannot changed the volume! There is an ^ symbol now and that gives a box with a number of items I never use. How do I get the Volume icon back!!?...
  10. Task Bar icons not responding - including Start Icon - Windows 10

Task Bar icons not responding - including Start Icon - Windows 10: I cannot open programs by clicking the icons on the task bar. (including hidden icons) In some cases (start button/Windows icon) I can right click and get to certain tasks - but that doesn't work on other icons. I can navigate between open programs, but can't open new...