Windows 10: Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons.

Discus and support Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm new to windows 11, coming from windows 7 yes, I used windows 7 for a long time , so now that I'm getting used to the new OS, I noticed an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WaterDDG, May 27, 2024.

1. WaterDDG Win User

Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons.

Hello,I'm new to windows 11, coming from windows 7 yes, I used windows 7 for a long time , so now that I'm getting used to the new OS, I noticed an issue where if I lower the volume with my keyboard, if I tap the lower volume button quickly enough, windows drops the volume exponentially going from let's say 50 -> 48 -> 46 -> 25 -> 4. The inverse does not happen when raising the volume. I never experienced something like this with windows 7, so I figured it was part of the program. Is there any way I can change this so that however many times I lower the volume, it just lowers i

:)

WaterDDG, May 27, 2024

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

Hi, I have trouble adjusting the volume while playing certain full-screen games such as metro last light ...

For some reason in games like that one, I cannot increase or decrease the volume using my keyboard... Now I know I can alt-tab out of the game to control the volume but I would rather use the keyboard buttons I already have for that same purpose... you see... while in-game there sometimes are LOUD sounds or Loud moments when I really feel the urge to lower the volume for a little while... and THEN:

There are those super quiet dialogue moments where I can't hear what the characters are sayin and I need to raise the volume...

Anyone know why my Volume hotkeys get disabled by the game? and how to fix it?

I would be ETERNALLY grateful *Wink Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons. ;)

jonathan1107, May 27, 2024
  3. ~Shipra~ Win User
    Volume problem

Hello,

Im having an issue With my volume.

Whenever I click the button to raise the volume and decrease the volume the buttons are not working.

Does it need a drive for it

I need to turn up my volume with the buttons on the keyboard

Please help me!!

Thankful for Microsoft

Shipra,

~Shipra~, May 27, 2024
  4. Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons.

Volume Fluctuations - Whenever I open a new tab or program the volume increases exponentially.

Original Title - Volume Fluctuations

Whenever I open a new tab or program the volume increases exponentially. The number doesn't change, like if I have it set to "8" it stays at "8", but the volume gets extremely loud. Whenever this happens I just adjust the volume, either by left clicking
    the volume control on the task bar or by pressing Fn + F2 (which decreases the set volume). When I do this the volume reverts back to the regular volume level. I do not know how to fix this.

TristanWest, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons.

1. Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons. - Similar Threads - Volume exponentially decreases

2. Volume doesn't raise consistently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume doesn't raise consistently.: Hello. I have a newly installed setup with a new PC and speakers. I have an odd problem where if I have the volume set to 10, and if I raise it to 12, the volume on the speakers raises audibly. If I go from 12 to 14, nothing changes, and when I go from 14 to 16, the volume...
  3. Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume exponentially decreases when using keyboard volume raise / lower buttons.: Hello,I'm new to windows 11, coming from windows 7 yes, I used windows 7 for a long time , so now that I'm getting used to the new OS, I noticed an issue where if I lower the volume with my keyboard, if I tap the lower volume button quickly enough, windows drops the volume...
  4. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  5. VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: For some reason now when I press F1 F2 or F3 to adjust the volume it doesn't work anymore. F1 brings me to the Microsoft Edge page and F2 and F3 open a small search window. How do I get the buttons to default to volume control again and how could this have changed on it's...
  6. Auto Volume Decreasing

Auto Volume Decreasing: Hello, I am using this Windows 10 computer for about 2 years, but on these few days, the volume on the computer keeps on changing from 50% to 100% and to 50% again and again. Is there a solution to it? Because this is very annoying. Thx...
  7. Volume decreases automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume decreases automatically.: So whenever i plug in my headphones windows automatically lowers the volume. It does't lower the actual volume bar, all the sounds just get a bit quieter (if I'm playing music on the speakers for example, the volume goes all the way up on the volume bar, but as soon as I plug...
  8. Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used: Hello. So I have this issue with my microphone. When used, the volume is lowered and it sounds muffled. I already unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device " from microphone/headset advanced setting panel. Nothing seems to work for me......
  9. Decreasing Screensaver Volume

Decreasing Screensaver Volume: I have a configurable screensaver which allows its sound to be either on or off. Is there a tool that I can use to decrease the screensaver’s volume without muting it or reducing my master volume?...
  10. volume button on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume button on keyboard not working: I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up...