Windows 10: Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

Discus and support Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, First time poster. Be gentle :) I have a problem with the slider for a specific application in Windows 10. It is always stuck at 10% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimmyTheHand, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

Hey all,
    First time poster. Be gentle Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume :)
    I have a problem with the slider for a specific application in Windows 10. It is always stuck at 10% of whatever the Device volume is set to.
    Example: If I set the Device volume to 30%, the specific Application will be stuck at 3%. When I say stuck, I mean, the slider always snaps back to that 3% (or whatever is 10% of Device volume).
    I have completely uninstalled and reinstall drivers, as well as hunted high and low for any reference to something similar.
    I have worked in IT for a number of years and never seen such an issue. I can sort of bypass the issue by using loudness levelling, but this is not ideal.
    The system is using Republic of Gamers Realtek High Definition Audio.
    No other application on the system has a similar problem, only this one. Which is: client_noenc.exe, otherwise known as Ultima Online. This is an old application, used on a free server. I should mention that I originally never had this problem, nor has anyone that I play with experienced the issue on any version of windows.

The first image shows the Device volume at 30% with Ultima Online stuck at 3%
    The second image shows the Device volume at 100% with Ultima Online stuck at 10%

Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume [​IMG]

Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume [​IMG]

Thanks for any help, suggestions or insight in to this really frustrating problem Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume :)

:)

JimmyTheHand, Mar 6, 2018
  2. WaveSmash Win User

My volume buttons take screenshots!

My volume buttons on my iRULU WalknBook runs Windows 10 and every single forum check doesn't have an answer. People say "Well, it's because your Windows key is stuck, or something!" BUT IT'S NOT! If I push the Windows key, it works just fine. It opens
    the start menu. But every time I push a volume button the the tablets side itself, it just takes a screenshot and nothing else. Please help me.

WaveSmash, Mar 6, 2018
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    speaker volume

Where do you see that volume is 100%

On my laptop there are 2 (or more) places to see and set volume.

On youtube or the application there can be a volume controller.

On the task bar there is a "speaker" icon with option to control volume.

PLUS, in control panel I can find a control panel applet, volume mixer. it allows you to set volume for the device, and to adjust it for individual applications.

It may be that in one of those settings the volume has been reduced.

Rohn007, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

Well then.

End result is that it is a problem with the application itself. I can hardly believe it, it has a problem. A strange problem.
    But not a Windows 10 issue at all!

Thanks for reading Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume :p

JimmyTheHand, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

1. Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume - Similar Threads - Volume single Application

2. single volume license with CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single volume license with CD: hello , i m Naeem from Pakistan i have one question about window licensing , here in our country some of vendor sell single pack window media kit with volume licensing , when i checked window license with command a message of volume mak is shown . what is this??? Is microsft...
  3. single volume license with CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    single volume license with CD: hello , i m Naeem from Pakistan i have one question about window licensing , here in our country some of vendor sell single pack window media kit with volume licensing , when i checked window license with command a message of volume mak is shown . what is this??? Is microsft...
  4. Volume is stuck at 100 on my bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume is stuck at 100 on my bluetooth device: I saw a similar thread about this same issue but I tried all of the "solutions" that were provided yet my issue still persists. To explain, the computer will allow me to change the volume freely but no matter what level I set it to it doesn't get any quieter. It's constantly...
  5. Volume is stuck at 100 on my bluetooth device

Volume is stuck at 100 on my bluetooth device: I saw a similar thread about this same issue but I tried all of the "solutions" that were provided yet my issue still persists. To explain, the computer will allow me to change the volume freely but no matter what level I set it to it doesn't get any quieter. It's constantly...
  6. My speaker volume is stuck on the highest volume

My speaker volume is stuck on the highest volume: I need help in fixing my speaker volume. It is stuck on the highest volume. I can still mute it though. Even when I plugged in earphones, it still won't automatically adjust just like before. I tried troubleshooting but Windows does not seem to detect this problem.I'm using...
  7. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  8. No applications in volume mixer

No applications in volume mixer: Before this incident, I was watching tutorials on how to fix AMD Software not running. One of the fixes somehow broke my audio and now I don't have any solutions. Reinstalling windows is my last resort, can I ask for help?...
  9. No applications in volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Application volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application volume: Everytime I start my computer or an application it chnages the volume of all applications. For example Apex Legends is supposed to be at 16. Windows changes it from 0-10. If I then chnage the volume to 16 my microphone output volume gets set from 100 to 16. It is really...