Windows 10: Volume image in boot.wim and boot flag

Discus and support Volume image in boot.wim and boot flag in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi In the Windows 10 DVD, there is a file called boot.wim which has two volume images named "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Oct 20, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Volume image in boot.wim and boot flag

Hi

In the Windows 10 DVD, there is a file called boot.wim which has two volume images named "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup".

What is the volume image that has the boot flag?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Oct 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 couldn't be installed Code: 80070005

All your boilerplate steps prove fruitless. (8.1 home)

I'm left with the $Windows.~BT folder, which looks intact.

When I run Setup, it says it can't find boot.wim.

Some online sources say they have used a boot.wim from source unknown.

So here's my question:

I dual-boot 8.1 with th1 10240 Professional on separate partitions. I have no boot.wim on either partition.

Could this be a source that keeps GWX from installing?

Rusty Hightower, Oct 20, 2015
  3. How to fix screen rotation problems when installing Windows

When i'm booting installation media Windows 10 enterprise on Lenovo MIIX320 everything is rotated to left side. I was trying import driver to install.wim and boot.wim and nothing happens. Please help
    me.

Volume image in boot.wim and boot flag [​IMG]

DusanChrastina, Oct 20, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

The boot flag is probably somewhere else in the DVD (hidden boot folder?). The wim files contain setup data only, I don't think they contain boot code. You can use imagex to extract the data from a wim file to a disk in order to start setup from there, but you also have to make the disk bootable first. What are you trying to do?

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  5. balubeto Win User
    So, these volume images do not need this flag. Right?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Oct 20, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    You didn't tell what are your trying to do! We may help you, since most things we have tried before you and know how they work.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Volume image in boot.wim and boot flag - Similar Threads - Volume image boot

2. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: Unmountable boot volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/0a612465-960b-44be-ad9e-c68d9cb94c12
  3. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: How to overcome this error blue screen appears and restarts again and repeating again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/10422cf3-e96b-4048-b980-62475e4f4d9f
  4. Restoring a .WIM, Windows will not Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a .WIM, Windows will not Boot: Hi, I am really at a loss, and was hoping someone would help. I have a .WIM that I need to restore to a test laptop.I have a USB thumb drive with WinPE on it. I have a USB SSD with the .WIM.The version of Windows is newer as of 6/2021, likely the latest version or one...
  5. Boot drive volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Boot drive volume: The bootc: drive on my computer has an allocated volume of 97.1 GB, out of which only 10.2 GB is free. Is this enough or should I extend it's volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-drive-volume/6ccde54a-5a8f-495e-af12-25cd044a2e16
  6. Network Boot Plain WIM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Boot Plain WIM: Is it possible to network boot a WIM image ripped straight from the ISO, after isolating an index, or is it required to capture a running system to work with windows pe?...
  7. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME: Unhappy face blue screen "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Stop Code: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME Once the computer restarts, it goes to a black screen with only the cursor showing. Next steps? This is a diagnostic computer for work, so...
  8. Unmountable Boot Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unmountable Boot Volume: I have a laptop that originally ran Windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10. It ran normally for about a year, and then, one day it froze. After restarting the computer, I got the unmountable boot volume error. I tried to repair it using the ISO. files for Windows 10, to create...
  9. unmountable boot volume

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unmountable boot volume: Hi, a computer reboots itself for ever when I turn on it. This sequence is running during 3-4 minutes (first full black screen 1 min, then the logo windows 1-2 min and, at the end, a blue screen appears just a few secondes with these information : this computer met an issue...
  10. Create a wim or esd file with no volume image

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a wim or esd file with no volume image: [img] Hi Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, it is possible to create a wim or esd file with no volume image so that I can add them later? Thanks Bye 42214

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image flag in wim file

2. WIM_FLAG_WIM_BOOT