Windows 10: Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes

Discus and support Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to understand why when I open the volume mixer and raise the "Device" volume all the other independent volumes for the other programs raise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ValCorvo, Oct 15, 2016.

1. ValCorvo Win User

Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes

I'm trying to understand why when I open the volume mixer and raise the "Device" volume all the other independent volumes for the other programs raise to at 50% of the Device's volume. How do I keep them all equal? I'd rather not have to raise each and every one separately.

:)

ValCorvo, Oct 15, 2016

2. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Clownfish on skype not working

The main problem is it doesnt appear in my volume mixer and when i go to sound player in the program and play a sound it still doesnt appear in the volume mixer

ZeComputerGuy, Oct 15, 2016
  4. ValCorvo Win User

Any ideas are appreciated. Is the new volume mixer just that bad?

ValCorvo, Oct 18, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes - Similar Threads - Volume Mixer Issues

2. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  3. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  4. Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  5. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  6. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Volume Mixer Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Issue: Hello, I am having trouble with the audio levels in volume mixer. Whenever I try to adjust the volume in the "Device" column, it changes the 'volume range' for all applications but not the 'volume levels.' For example: If the volume in the Devices column is at 100 and...
  8. Volume Mixer display issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer display issue: So I noticed that after installing the new Windows update I have this weird bug. When ever I playback audio on max volume the green indicator goes over 100% (see photo attached) Is this a common issue? Volume Mixer issue submitted by /u/hotwingz18 [link] [comments]...
  9. Volume Mixer Issue

Volume Mixer Issue: [ATTACH] Hello, every time I close volume mixer my system sounds jumps back up to max level with my speakers. I've googled and found people with similar issues but the solutions recommended in those posts have not worked. Anyone else having this issue and found a fix?...
  10. volume mixer issues

volume mixer issues: ever since about a week or two ago, my windows volume mixer has been adjusting by itself, each program turning itself up and down annoyingly. This has never happend until now, and is there anyway i can stop this? If you do not know what menu I'm talking about I've attached a...