Windows 10: Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Discus and support Volume Mixer not showing muted app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tjeros, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Tjeros Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Hello!

On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead.
    So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot unmute it.

I have tried the fixes described in this post - Applications missing from Volume Mixer to no avail.

This is what it looks like:

Volume Mixer not showing muted app [​IMG]

So, how would I go about solving this problem? Thanks in advance for your help! *Smile

:)

Tjeros, Aug 8, 2016
  2. stgogm Win User

How do I mute apps in Windows 10?

Thanks! But this is for apps from the store. They don't show in the volume mixer so you can't control their volume or mute them as you can with desktop apps.

stgogm, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Mohan B P Win User

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the volume mixer in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you have muted the application volume in previous version of Windows or in Windows 10 and the build of Windows 10 installed in your system.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to follow the steps below and run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar
      and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View All in the left view pane.

• Find and click on Playing audio.

• Click on Advanced and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the article below on Fix sound problems
    and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Try this first:
    Run the Windows audio troubleshooting wizard:
    On the taskbar, press and hold the volume icon.
    Note: you can also right-click the volume icon
    Select Troubleshoot sound problems, and then follow the instructions.

Also, work through the steps in this Tutorial.
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...shooting-tips/

You may need to uninstall the game. There may be a compatibility issue.
    Google the game for Windows 10. I have not checked into this.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Tjeros Win User
    I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Other than the steps provided in the tutorial link you supplied here. I can offer no other solution for your issue.

Perhaps, someone here with more experience in this area will help further.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2016
  7. Tjeros Win User
    Thank you! Have a nice day!

Tjeros, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Volume Mixer not showing muted app - Similar Threads - Volume Mixer showing

2. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  3. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  4. Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer: I've muted a messagging application while doing screen recordings and when I wanted to unmute the app, it just went missing completely from the Volume Mixer. I couldn't find it in the volume mixer and when I got new messages it won't show up in there either.There is no...
  5. Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer: I've muted a messagging application while doing screen recordings and when I wanted to unmute the app, it just went missing completely from the Volume Mixer. I couldn't find it in the volume mixer and when I got new messages it won't show up in there either.There is no...
  6. Muted Application Missing from Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Volume Mixer Mutes Everything I Open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer Mutes Everything I Open: I don't exactly know when this started happening, or how it happens, but whenever I open anything, it is automatically muted in Volume Mixer. I have to manually open it and adjust the volume slider so that it is not muted. Any ideas as to why this is happening/fixes?...
  8. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  9. Nothing showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing showing in volume mixer: Recently sound stopped coming from my headphones so I knew that the volume mixer could be the problem and to my surprise, nothing was there, no chrome, dicord etc so I started looking around on forums and everyone else was apparently a god send and never had the same problem,...
  10. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...