Windows 10: Volume Mixer upon click

Discus and support Volume Mixer upon click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After noticing a tutorial published by Brink for reverting back to the old windows 7 master volume and volume mixer I wondered if it would be possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Geodripp, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Geodripp Win User

Volume Mixer upon click

After noticing a tutorial published by Brink for reverting back to the old windows 7 master volume and volume mixer I wondered if it would be possible to change something so that when I clicked the volume system icon, I got the volume mixer right away and not the master volume bar.

I know it is possible to make a shortcut using "%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -t " as a target and I also noticed running SndVol.exe from system32 seems to open the mixer as well. It looks like windows puts a -f flag onto SndVol.exe when you click the system tray icon.

As posted by Brink
    This allows windows 10 to somehow use the old master volume and mixer but I can't seem to locate where windows applies the modified -f flag when clicking the system volume icon. I did notice however, when you then click on the "mixer" link the sndvol.exe relaunches with this as its parameters "​SndVol.exe -r 77463382 0 {0.0.0.00000000}.{5fc3904c-eda2-46fb-b353-10e266407892}"

I think that registry value is pointing at what hardware profile is being used (Speakers / Headphones, etc.) in the mixer when it launches but I'm not sure of anything right now, heh. Here is an image showing that https://i.imgur.com/IFlgA9n.png

I have been digging threw my registry for the past hour or so and I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction.

- Thanks in advance and thank you Brink for helping so far Volume Mixer upon click :)

:)

Geodripp, Feb 2, 2016
  2. JacqMeh Win User

When I right click on the volume symbol and click on troubleshoot, and then it tells me to open volume mixer

Original Title: Volume Mixer (Windows 10)

Okay, so when I right click on the volume symbol at the task bar, and then click on volume mixer, it wont pop up. However, when I go to the task manager, it says that the volume mixer is running, but for some odd reason I cant see it.

When I right click on the volume symbol and click on troubleshoot, and then it tells me to open volume mixer (through troubleshoot), it opens, but I can't seem to open volume mixer without needing to click troubleshoot in order to open the volume mixer.

Help please.

JacqMeh, Feb 2, 2016
  3. How to disable separate sound configuration?

Thanks for the information. We recommend adjusting the volume of the application or the system sound using the Volume Mixer. Right-click the volume in the taskbar to open the Volume Mixer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

Volume Mixer upon click

1. Volume Mixer upon click - Similar Threads - Volume Mixer upon

2. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  3. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  4. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  6. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  7. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. volume mixer is weird...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume mixer is weird...: Every time I speak, the volume mixer puts all software at 0, and when I stop talking, it returns all the software back to what they were before... how can I fix that?...
  9. Windows Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Volume Mixer: I have a small question about the volume mixer on windows 10, how can I make it so when windows boots, all levels on the volume mixer are set to 100%? for some reason, the volume mixer never saves what levels it was on last, when Windows boots, FireFox browser for example is...
  10. volume mixer issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    volume mixer issues: ever since about a week or two ago, my windows volume mixer has been adjusting by itself, each program turning itself up and down annoyingly. This has never happend until now, and is there anyway i can stop this? If you do not know what menu I'm talking about I've attached a...