Windows 10: Volume Randomly Changing.

Discus and support Volume Randomly Changing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So when i play music on Spotify while playing a game, my volume randomly goes up and down, It only stops if i mute all of the sounds of the game, i've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rev, Aug 22, 2015.

1. REV
    Rev Win User

Volume Randomly Changing.

So when i play music on Spotify while playing a game, my volume randomly goes up and down, It only stops if i mute all of the sounds of the game, i've looked and looked in all the settings, changed the communications tab to "do nothing" and it still wants to change my volume, is there a specific guide someone can link me to? I would like to get this resovled.

:)

2. Volume doesn't Increase/Decrease when music, videos or podcasts.

Since the Nokia Black update that I received for my Nokia 920, my volume will randomly stop working on videos, music, and/or podcasts.

The volume will default to whatever volume that it was at when the play button is pressed. If I press the volume up and/or down button it will show the volume is changing from 0-30 or vise versa, yet the actual volume doesn't change.

This problem happens randomly and only a soft reset will fix the issue however it will randomly return after the restart if I watch and/or listen to more media.

This is an extremely annoying bug and one that appears to be completely software related since it only started after the "Black" update, the volume still works, on screen it shows the volume is changing, yet it doesn't actually change and a soft reset fixes
    it.

A permanent fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

EricLajoie, Aug 22, 2015
  3. ferrisb Win User
    Lumia 822 Volume Change

No, when I get a call the volume setting doesn't change. It changes randomly. For instance...

Last night I set the volume at 25/30 and when I checked it first thing this morning, it was back to 10/30. No calls were received during that time.

ferrisb, Aug 22, 2015
  4. spyvsspy Win User

I've been dealing with the same issue for a while. I'm not sure what sound card you are using but i'm using a built in Realtek High Definition sound card. Seems to be a ongoing problem.
    The only thing that seemed to work for me or at least no problems for several days was to open up task manager and disable "RavBg64"
    Like I said things seem to be working good for several days now and so far so good.
    I would also see if you are running other programs that may be accessing your volume control. Skype?

spyvsspy, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Volume Randomly Changing. - Similar Threads - Volume Randomly Changing

2. Why is my volume changing randomly, by itself?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is my volume changing randomly, by itself?: I have recently moved to a new house. Before the move, I had zero issues with my desktop Gaming Computer Windows 10, up to date. After the move, I have noticed a few issues; My Blue Yeti microphone gets randomly disconnected and reconnected from the computer, and my volume...
  3. Windows 10 Volume Problem Volume Randomly Changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Volume Problem Volume Randomly Changes: Has this problem finally been resolvedsee subject?I am so tired of it, and have tried all the suggested solutions.....What can be done?krcesa...
  4. Sound is crackling randomly and at volum change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is crackling randomly and at volum change: Hi, i have the very annoying problem that my sound crackles when im changing volum or even hitting the first note on my midikeyboard. I just rebuild my pc with new gpu, usb card and case and 2 new ssd. Windows is also fresh for the second time. I got a sounblaster z, a...
  5. Random Volume Changes

Random Volume Changes: I have a problem that my Sound Volume changes randomly from time to time on windows. I can literally see how the Volume bar raises (as I'm writing this I realise its actually ONLY raising, never falling). Is there a way to see where this input comes from? So it could be a...
  6. Windows 10 volume Randomly changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 volume Randomly changes: This issue started with the last windows update which i tried to stop but of course did nothing. The issue happens any time on any app or program i will be minding my own businesses and the audio will either turn up to what seems the loudest it can get, i cant change the...
  7. Windows 10 Volume Changes Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Volume Changes Randomly: Not sure when this problem started but it's been within the last six or seven months 10/2019 - 05/2020. It's possible it happened after a Windows 10 update. I would roll it back if I knew. System volume randomly fluctuates while listening to any audio source internet...
  8. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  9. Volume Randomly Changes

Volume Randomly Changes: Whenever I'm watching YouTube, sometimes my volume randomly changes. This isn't just for YouTube though. It happens to any application I'm using. What happens is that, when the volume changes, the slider number says the same but the volume gets really loud. To fix this, I...
  10. Windows 10-Volume Randomly Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10-Volume Randomly Changes: Sometimes when i'm watching youtube or doing anything at all my volume randomly changes from what I have it set at which is 70. Sometimes it just skyrockets and sometimes it becomes really quiet, does anyone know whats going on and how to fix it?...