Windows 10: Volume Stays Soft After Update

Discus and support Volume Stays Soft After Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated my computer, and it worked fine for a while. After about an hour or two however, the volume was really low. If I turn everything all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraceyLyum, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Volume Stays Soft After Update

I just updated my computer, and it worked fine for a while. After about an hour or two however, the volume was really low. If I turn everything all the way up, then I can hear it very faintly, but that's it. I updated my audio drivers, and restarted my computer, but nothing seems to work. I'm not sure if this was because of the update, but I think that it might've been.

:)

TraceyLyum, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Nate W.H. Win User

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Aug 14, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Volume Stays Soft After Update

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Volume Stays Soft After Update

1. Volume Stays Soft After Update - Similar Threads - Volume Stays Soft

2. Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume: Whenever I change my volume, the number on the volume slider changes, but not the actual volume coming out of my speakers, which stays at 100. Im on a laptop, so switching speakers/insides is not an option...
  3. Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume: Whenever I change my volume, the number on the volume slider changes, but not the actual volume coming out of my speakers, which stays at 100. Im on a laptop, so switching speakers/insides is not an option...
  4. System volume won't stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System volume won't stay off: I keep muting the system sound notifications and the volume keeps going back to 100%. This is not happening on one computer, it is happening on 2 different computers, so I am guessing it is a Windows 11 issue. How to I keep the system volume at 0%,...
  5. System volume won't stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System volume won't stay off: I keep muting the system sound notifications and the volume keeps going back to 100%. This is not happening on one computer, it is happening on 2 different computers, so I am guessing it is a Windows 11 issue. How to I keep the system volume at 0%,...
  6. Computer not turning on after soft boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not turning on after soft boot?: I went into Windows Run box, typed MSCONFIG, went to boot tab, applied safe boot and then restarted my computer and now the Monitor isn’t responding. Any help? submitted by /u/zayystar [link] [comments]...
  7. APP Volume and Device Preferences not staying

APP Volume and Device Preferences not staying: When I go to my advanced sound options and set my output devices to something other than default, when I restart my PC it switches them all back to default. How can I get them to be persistent and stay on the outputs I have designated them to? submitted by...
  8. Volume controls stay on for too long. Annoyed.

Volume controls stay on for too long. Annoyed.: Not sure when this began, but it has to stop. Seems the on-screen volume controls like to stay up for way longer than they should, if there's something playing, such as a video or a song. submitted by /u/wrongfifsh [link] [comments]...
  9. Pw not working after soft boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pw not working after soft boot: I set up soft boot via msconfig to try and fix a crash due to a new game and now i cant log in because it says my password is wrong. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pw-not-working-after-soft-boot/16461df7-9544-47e2-97c7-fd5c6d2e9f7c
  10. Volume Rising to Max & Staying ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Rising to Max & Staying ??: I recently updated my Windows 10 from 105 something to 162 something, everything was alright until a few moments ago where I see the upper left volume bar at max? and when I try to put it down from there & the bottom at the taskbar as well, it seems to raise up back to max...