Windows 10: VPN Access Server Setup unresoved issues

Discus and support VPN Access Server Setup unresoved issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This is my first post to this forum. I'm attempting to create an incoming VPN connection. My objective is to have access to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VegasChris, Jul 24, 2016.

1. VPN Access Server Setup unresoved issues

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this forum.

I'm attempting to create an incoming VPN connection. My objective is to have access to my media library to play on my mobile devices (iOS) when I'm away from home but otherwise connected to wifi.

A few things to note:

• My router is a Linksys EA3500
    • All available VPN passthroughs are enabled.
    • Port 1723 is forwarded to the local IP of the host machine (static IP)
    • The incoming connection is configured to assign a range of IP addresses rather than use DHCP. Using 192.168.1.250-255
    • My Home PC's access the internet via a VPN service because, well.... reasons.
    • Remote users are allowed to access shared resources (folders, printers, etc.)

I can connect to the VPN from my iOS device as long as I'm on my Home network, and connect to the host via its local IP, however, I cannot access the internet and VLC cannot see my shared media folders, I'm also logging into the VPN as the owner of those folders. When I'm connected to the Home network but not connected to the VPN , VLC can see and read from the shared media folders.

When I am not connected to my home network's access point, I cannot connect to the VPN at all, and yes I remembered to change from the Local IP to the WAN IP in the client settings. *Tongue

I've read some other similar issues and many pointed to unchecking "use default gateway" to split the tunnel. I have two issues with this.

1) I don't want to split the tunnel, I want all my internet traffic to be routed from the internet connection of the access host and...
    2) this doesn't solve the issue of accessing my shared folders that contain my media library.

Any help would be appreciated. if you need more details, please tell me what you need and how to locate the information.

:)

VegasChris, Jul 24, 2016
  2. ecoombes Win User

E61 and VPN set-up

Hi - I have a Nokia E61 on Vodafone. I have managed to setup wifi access and have tested the browser ok. I am having trouble locating / configuring the VPN access to our Microsoft VPN.

Can someone advise on config information or how this is set-up? I have configured the VPN but it keeps asking for a policy, which I setup as our VPN access server. It does not work...

Please assist - Eddie

ecoombes, Jul 24, 2016
  3. ltr.az Win User
    vpn and file share win 10, How can I get network resources enabled to the VPN client?

<Original title: vpn and file share win 10>

Setup a vpn network connection on Win 10 and setup a client to access it but network file share resources are not found on the host machine nor other machines on the network through the VPN.

How can I get network resources enabled to the VPN client?

port forwarded both 47, 1723 to the VPN server...

Shouldn't this just work?

ltr.az, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

VPN Access Server Setup unresoved issues

1. VPN Access Server Setup unresoved issues - Similar Threads - VPN Access Server

2. vpn issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vpn issue: hi,I've added free vpn but it is not showing in the list of vpn, i need to go back & again come to vpn section then its showing the vpn i added. after clicking on connect it is showing as connecting & continuesly loading but not getting connected.i used open vpn software...
  3. VPN Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN Issues: This issue cropped up yesterday and I really can't get my head around it. Since March I've been working from home and I set my personal desktop PC up with everything I'd need to work, identical to how it is on my work laptop. The most important bit is the VPN's and mapped...
  4. vpn server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vpn server: Hi I would like to know how many vpn clients a vpn server on window 10 workstation accept ? I need probably less than 5 connection. I using for the moment a window 7 and only 1 client allowed . thank you. db...
  5. VPN server

VPN server: when my VPN is on everybody thinks my internet is not on I can only use it in the USA any idea why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server/7f223712-d26e-4787-94e9-473fb08d8c60
  6. Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN: I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall...
  7. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  8. VPN issues

VPN issues: Hi, I think this has been addressed before but can't find answers. My wifi stopped working. I keep getting this: the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve. I checked drivers, it's on pptp, I've reset in admin mode...still...
  9. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  10. Can't setup new VPN connection for outside RDP access.

Can't setup new VPN connection for outside RDP access.: Hello everyone, I'm trying to setup multiple PC's on my home network so that I can access them from the Internet while I'm away from home. I've read the most secure way for me to do this is by setting up a VPN connection through Windows, rather than opening ports on my...