Windows 10: VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn..

Discus and support VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Surface Pro 4 devices and on one I suddenly I cannot connect to my VPN server, but the other is working ok. I tried uninstalling network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eastlunder, Jun 5, 2017.

1. VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn..

I have two Surface Pro 4 devices and on one I suddenly I cannot connect to my VPN server, but the other is working ok. I tried uninstalling network adapter, uninstalling all WAN miniports, deleting VPN connection and creating it again, but I am still getting this error:

VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn.. [​IMG]

And this is from the log:
    Remote Access Event Logs [ Table Of Contents ]
    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20001
    Date: 6. 06. 2017
    Time: 19:34:35
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-xyz
    Description:
    Cannot load the NetBIOS gateway DLL component because of the following error: wpdfs.inf_amd64_e898714e5623f0fe\wpdfs.inf

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20003
    Date: 6. 06. 2017
    Time: 19:34:35
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-xyz
    Description:
    Cannot enumerate Registry key values. WUDFWpdFs

:)

Eastlunder, Jun 5, 2017

2. Cannot connect to VPN server on Windows 10

Hi Hugo,

I keep getting one or other of the two error messages below:

The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect
    the VPN server. If this problem persists, contact the VPN administrator and analyse quality of network connectivity.

Or -

A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection.

Have you had any success in connecting to this server? Can you suggest other genuinely free servers through which I can connect to the UK?

Conor1_984, Jun 5, 2017
  3. VPN connectivity issue Windows 10

Hi,

I am using a Windows 10 PC. I have configured VPN on my PC which was working fine till last month. I am not so sure if I did something with my network settings because now I am not able to connect to VPN. I tried the same VPN settings on different system
    with login credentials and its working fine. It seems there is some network setting which I messed up. The error message is " A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection".

I am using ESET anti virus as well. However I tried de-activating firewall and anti virus but still cant connect.

Can someone guide me to restore the default network settings?

PritySingh, Jun 5, 2017
  4. VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn..

Hi Eastlunder. Welcome to the TenForums @Eastlunder

I see you removed the adapter and re-installed. I might suggest doing a complete network reset.

Start=>Settings=>Network & Internet => scroll down right hand side of page, at the bottom Reset Network.

I would also run these four commands at command prompt(admin). Not not key in information in brackets beside commands, it it there for you to see what each command does.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 7, 2017
  5. Thanks, I did that, but it did not help, still the same problem..

Eastlunder, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Have you run sfc /scannow to see if there are any errors?

There is a process outlined in this tutorial although unless you have bootable media that matches your current version is will cause you to be updated to the Creators Update.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If you are already running the Creator Update no issue. If not then MS hasn't decided to push it to you yet so you may have a few issues.

Caledon Ken, Jun 8, 2017
  7. I figured out that "Routing and Remote Access service" is not running on my computer and it's impossible to start it. Looks like reinstalling windows is the only option *Mad

Eastlunder, Jun 27, 2017
  8. VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn..

First try the in place upgrade. It saves your files and programs. That said I always recommend you backup your data files off machine.

It is a sound practice and when doing OS changes you just never know.

The upgrade, depending on machine speed is around an hour.

Caledon Ken, Jun 28, 2017
  9. What do you mean by "in place upgrade"?

Eastlunder, Jul 9, 2017
  10. Basically you download Windows, create media and then run Setup. It is likely called an in-place upgrade as you need Windows to be running to issue the setup command.

It repairs / upgrades your Windows. Should you do it the current version that it will download is V1703 (Creators). If you already have Creators then it repairs.

Please have a look at the tutorial (link provided in posting #4 of this thread), it is explained within.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 10, 2017
  11. Thanks, I will try this asap.

Eastlunder, Jul 10, 2017
  12. Well, looks like my problem is solved after an "in place upgrade".

Caledon Ken, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Eastlunder, Jul 15, 2017
  13. VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn..

You are welcome. Glad the forum could help.

Please mark thread solved.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn..

1. VPN error: You might need to change network settings for this conn.. - Similar Threads - VPN error might

2. \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......: Please can you help with a major networking problem which has caused substantial disruption since August 2019. Originally seven Windows XP computers were networked via Ethernet or WiFi and all were mutually accessible - the Windows XP network worked very well. The problems...
  3. You Might Claim That?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You Might Claim That?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,You might claim that all free antivirus rivals of the Microsoft antivirus shouldnt be trusted at all and not to believe every word they claim against the Microsoft antivirus in being true,and you would say i shouldn't be using the Kaspersky free...
  4. IF you might be interested... Modernizing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IF you might be interested... Modernizing: After 5 1/2 years Windows 10 is having some massive renovations done. New carpets, new floors, new painting/paneling, light fixtures, new doors & windows, including curtains/drapes/blinds, all new appliances, new landscaping and MORE. Folks will barely recognise the place BUT...
  5. 5 Reasons Where You Need a VPN

5 Reasons Where You Need a VPN: [ATTACH] There are too many environments and moments where you need aVPN, but to make some understanding ofVPN usage, I will explain the most common reasons where many people are using it daily. Security From Public Wi-Fi Accessing Your Network From Other Place Unblock...
  6. you might need to sign up with isp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you might need to sign up with isp: what can I do if my personal wifi is showing 'no internet access' whilst I can use internet. am just from troubleshooting and I was prompted to signup with isp. based in zambia...
  7. \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource

in Windows 10 News
    \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users use their Windows 10 computers to create and access their data on their servers via their network. Some users have been reporting an error which says that the server is not accessible. The whole error states, \\server is [...] This post \\server...
  8. Work network changes personal computer security settings through VPN connection?

Work network changes personal computer security settings through VPN connection?: I am running Win10 on my personal Lenovo notebook, and have since the free upgrade from Win8.1. When I want to work from home, I connect to my company's network via a Forticlient VPN connection to access shared network folders, and programs on the office Terminal Server if...
  9. no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn: Hi all. Not too good with computer issues, but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard. lol Husband updated his laptop to Windows 10 several months ago. So far it's been good, and he likes it...that is until this morning. He opens the laptop...no...
  10. change network settings per network

change network settings per network: Hello. I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpn you might need to change network settings

2. Cannot enumerate Registry key values. tunnel

3. edgerouter vpn error you might need to change network settings

4. A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection error in windows 10 vpn,
  5. vpn connection you might need to change the network settings for this connection,
  6. windows vpn you might need to change the network settings for this connection,
  7. you might need to change network settings for this connection vpn,
  8. Cannot enumerate Registry key values. tunnel VPN,
  9. you might need to change networksetting,
  10. VPN You might need to change the network settings for this connection,
  11. kb4489889 vpn,
  12. a connection to the remote desktop might not established.you might need to change the network settings for this connection,
  13. vpn you might need to change network settings for this connection