Windows 10: VPN hangs at "disconnecting"

Discus and support VPN hangs at "disconnecting" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I disconnect from my work VPN, sometimes it hangs at "Disconnecting". [img] the only indication is when I try and reconnect nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crewzar80, Oct 18, 2015.

1. crewzar80 Win User

VPN hangs at "disconnecting"

when I disconnect from my work VPN, sometimes it hangs at "Disconnecting".

VPN hangs at "disconnecting" [​IMG]

the only indication is when I try and reconnect nothing happens the "Connect" button just flashes.

the only way to reconnect is to reboot.

am I the only one getting this, and if not is there a solution to this behaviour????

Regards Wayne

:)

crewzar80, Oct 18, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Oct 18, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it VPN hangs at "disconnecting" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? VPN hangs at "disconnecting" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram VPN hangs at "disconnecting" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx VPN hangs at "disconnecting" :)

musum, Oct 18, 2015
  4. VPN hangs at "disconnecting"

For now only think i found that works easier is to make a copy of that connection and use that until i restart computer *Smile

dickjones00, Oct 19, 2015
  5. Hi.

It happens to me time to time (Windows10) and then I can disconnect via command prompt (run as Administrator) typing: rasdial "vpn_name" /disconnect

Hope it helps.

juliancarney, Aug 3, 2016
  6. crewzar80 Win User
    thanks julian, there may have been something in a recent update as it has not happened in a while...

i will continue to monitor the VPN's behaviour.

crewzar80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VPN hangs at "disconnecting"

1. VPN hangs at "disconnecting" - Similar Threads - VPN hangs disconnecting

2. VPN disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN disconnects: I,ve recently changed my password and ever since then my VPN keeps disconnecting. I reconnect and then after 2-3 tries it locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-disconnects/5d0c9b46-c078-4fbb-ab53-635ea602ff4e
  3. VPN disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN disconnects: I,ve recently changed my password and ever since then my VPN keeps disconnecting. I reconnect and then after 2-3 tries it locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-disconnects/5d0c9b46-c078-4fbb-ab53-635ea602ff4e
  4. VPN disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN disconnects: hi, I am having an issue with FortiClient VPN on a HP windows laptop. once the VPN is connected it has a survival rate of 3-10 minutes. then it disconnects and the internet drops momentarily. Once internet is connected back to laptop VPN is able to connected then it again...
  6. VPN disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN disconnects: hi, I am having an issue with FortiClient VPN on a HP windows laptop. once the VPN is connected it has a survival rate of 3-10 minutes. then it disconnects and the internet drops momentarily. Once internet is connected back to laptop VPN is able to connected then it again...
  7. VPN disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. VPN keeps disconnecting WIFI

VPN keeps disconnecting WIFI: I have an odd issue when using a VPN on my windows 10 laptop I find now and then that the VPN just disconnects the WIFI. By that I mean that there is no wifi connectivity on the laptop. If I stop the VPN service (Nord or Cyberghost) the WIFI starts to work without fail. I...
  9. VPN disconnects automatically

VPN disconnects automatically: Hey How to prevent hourly disconnects of built in vpn? Could this problem be related to the server issues too? Im using freevpnbook address.[IMG] Thanks in advance Mark ***Modified title from: VPN disconnects***...
  10. VPN disconnects

VPN disconnects: Hey How to prevent hourly disconnects of built in vpn? Could this problem be related to the server issues too? Im using freevpnbook address.[IMG] Thanks in advance Mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-disconnects/fd2ce66c-55b7-4b02-a27f-b03bf426bb52

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rasdial hangs on disconnect