Windows 10: VPN Not working

Discus and support VPN Not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; UNABLE To GET VPN SERVER & VPN CLIENT working. VPN server : Windows 10 Pro VPn client ports Forwarded (1723 TCP &UDP -inbound rules) on BT SMART... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rambo_R710, Jul 13, 2018.

1. VPN Not working

UNABLE To GET VPN SERVER & VPN CLIENT working.
    VPN server : Windows 10 Pro
    VPn client

ports Forwarded (1723 TCP &UDP -inbound rules) on BT SMART router 1723
    GRE opened for all applicataion

Windows Firewall : defender stopped on both Client & Server

Unable to get VPN Working=Event log 800 & some times 807

C:\Users\Rambo>netsh advfirewall firewall show rule name=all | find "1723"
    Rule Name: 1723-udp
    RemotePort: 1723
    Rule Name: 1723-tcp
    Rule Name: 1723-udp
    LocalPort: 1723
    Rule Name: 1723-tcp

C:\Users\Rambo>netsh advfirewall firewall show rule name=all | find "gre" /i

Rule Name: GRE
    Rule Name: Routing and Remote Access (GRE-In)
    Rule Name: Routing and Remote Access (GRE-Out)

C:\Users\Rambo>netstat -nao | findstr 1723
    --> Blank Display..

C:\Users\Rambo>netstat -ano | findstr ":1723"
    --> Blank Display..

Regedit already have the Following setting: RRAS tried the following did not help

Search for “regedit” using Cortana, then run the regedit command in search results to launch Registry Editor.
    Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan
    Create a new DWORD (Edit > New > DWORD)
    Name the new DWORD SvcHostSplitDisable
    Open the new DWORD, set the value to = 1, then click OK
    Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess
    Create a new DWORD (Edit > New > DWORD)
    Name the new DWORD SvcHostSplitDisable
    Open the new DWORD, set the value to = 1, then click OK
    Restart your PC (Start > Power > Restart)

:)

Rambo_R710, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jul 13, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN Not working :D

P4-630, Jul 13, 2018
  4. VPN Not working

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

VPN Not working

1. VPN Not working - Similar Threads - VPN working

2. L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.: Hi!I have a VPN server which is configured to handle L2TP over IPSec VPN. There are bunch of computers which use this VPN and everything works for them. I can just create the VPN connection using the UI. Today I got another Dell notebook with Windows 11 and ...guess what......
  3. L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    L2TP over IPSec VPN doesn't work on Windows 11.: Hi!I have a VPN server which is configured to handle L2TP over IPSec VPN. There are bunch of computers which use this VPN and everything works for them. I can just create the VPN connection using the UI. Today I got another Dell notebook with Windows 11 and ...guess what......
  4. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.: With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the network drive through VPN...
  5. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.: With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the network drive through VPN...
  6. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

7. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  8. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  9. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Total VPN isn't working...

Total VPN isn't working...: I use Total Av as my anti-virus. However the vpn i use regularly so when the VPN shows 'File Metadata Optimization is already in progress' and refuses to connect, I get confused. I retry every time I log back into the PC, but nothing seems to work.Is this to do with windows?...