Windows 10: VPN notification doesn't auto expire from action center

Discus and support VPN notification doesn't auto expire from action center in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC auto connects to my VPN using OpenVPN via a task set to run at the logon of any user. When it connects I get notification on the screen in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sqrly, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Sqrly Win User

VPN notification doesn't auto expire from action center

My PC auto connects to my VPN using OpenVPN via a task set to run at the logon of any user.

When it connects I get notification on the screen in the bottom right corner and hear the standard notification sound and the notification goes away after 5 seconds as I have set it. Up until 1709 it "did not" leave a badge count when it expired.

Now it leaves a badge count until I click on the action center and clear the notification. I should say "notifications" because they stack up now. Every time I restart or wake the PC it adds another one if I haven't cleared the last one.

All the way up to 1703 this notification was temporary and just vanished from the screen without leaving anything in the action center. (bigazz blue bar that expands from the right side of the screen)

Anyone know how to get this behavior back?

:)

Sqrly, Nov 3, 2017

2. Action Center Problems Windows 10

Hello Microsoft Community,

i have a problem regarding my action center on windows 10. the action center seems to work when notifications regarding windows defender or other things popup, but when a CD or USB is connected, i am able to click on the notification in order to open the
    auto-play popup, but the auto-play popup to decide what to do doesn't show up. i have checked all of the notification and auto-play settings to no avail. i am using a Toshiba satellite P840 laptop. is there something i'm missing?

DigiRon242, Nov 3, 2017
  3. arjanv78 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 10 on tablets

Thanks for the clarification, but in a school environment it's not nessesary.

Is it possible to remove those quick action icons from the action center like airplanemode,vpn,bluetooth and so on.

Also there is a policy named: Remove Notifications and Action Center.

This hides/removes the taskbar icon. on desktop computers this seems to work fine, but on tablets you can swipe from the right edge and it appears? so this policy is misleading/not working.

arjanv78, Nov 3, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Go into System settings and check to see if anything has been changed. Notification behaviors only change if a user changes them.

bro67, Nov 3, 2017
Thema:

1. VPN notification doesn't auto expire from action center - Similar Threads - VPN notification doesn't

2. Auto Sync Action center from App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Sync Action center from App: That's the best way to describe what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find if there is a setting to check so that if I read an email Outlook, that email will also mark, or better yet disappear from the action center, rather than me having to go in there and delete it later....
  3. Auto Sync Action center from App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Sync Action center from App: That's the best way to describe what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find if there is a setting to check so that if I read an email Outlook, that email will also mark, or better yet disappear from the action center, rather than me having to go in there and delete it later....
  4. Auto Sync Action center from App

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Action Center auto minimize actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center auto minimize actions: Hi all! As the question in title say. It is how it looks everytime on a new action by default. [img] And here is what I want to achieve by auto. [img] Is there a register hack/group policy setting for it? Couldn't find anything myself about it. I guess no one asked...
  6. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  7. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  8. Website notifications from Action Center not opening.

in Browsers and Email
    Website notifications from Action Center not opening.: My Youtube subscription notifications in Action Center are not opening to my browser, instead when I click them they just disappear. *Huh 117880
  9. Website notifications from Action Center not opening.

in Windows 10 Support
    Website notifications from Action Center not opening.: My Youtube subscription notifications in Action Center are not opening to my browser, instead when I click them they just disappear. *Huh 117880
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968