Windows 10: VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

Discus and support VPN Sharing to a specific IP - in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cyrock, Feb 15, 2017.

1. cyrock Win User

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

Hi guys,

I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10.

I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT).

WHY i want to do that?
    Cause i would like to have only the devices behind that access point to use the VPN.

thanks for your help

:)

cyrock, Feb 15, 2017
  2. Ducky1327 Win User

Vpn and SMB issue

I use VPN and Network Shares SMB and eveything used to work flawlessly but since the Wannacry patch came out eveytime i connect to VPN my pc is no longer visible to Network unless i connect manually using the ip or pc name //IP //PCNAME this also removes
    any and all Network mapped drives associated to the pc using VPN on all the PC's that have the drives Mapped to them.

Ducky1327, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Push update clients within specific IP ranges through WSUS

We have a large number of users that frequently travel. When ever these users connect through VPN our WSUS will start pushing updates to them, which results in over use of our bandwidth and network slowdowns. Users that are connected through VPN get IP's
    from a different IP range than users in the office.

Is it possible to set WSUS to only push updates to users within a specific IP range.

Thanks

AllistairBlonk, Feb 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

One unit would be the VPN Server and the other the Client. There is no need for a VPN on a network, since it is meant for making a connection from outside the Network where you are trying to go from another network through the Internet to the VPN server you want to connect to.

What you are talking about is a VLAN not a VPN.

bro67, Feb 16, 2017
  5. cyrock Win User
    Thx for your reply but you are not solving anything here ☺️. So how, using a vlan I can accomplish to have my devices behind a switch (private ip) to use the vpn connection

cyrock, Feb 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Again if this is for computers and devices on your network that you want to only have certain ones communicate through, that is called a VLAN. If you are asking about connecting to a computer off of your network, say at a friends place and keep the information within the tunnel so to speak, you would use a VPN Server on one end and a Client on the other.

In order to do a VLAN, you would need either a Smart Switch or a Router that is capable of doing that. Plenty of info on Cisco's website and Microsoft's Technet. You are talking about doing something that if you get it wrong, you are going to be pulling your hair out trying to figure where the problem is.

There really is no reason for a VLAN on a private network, unless you are wanting to say run a IP Camera DVR on your LAN and want to keep that on it's own LAN segment. It cannot communicate back to those computers outside of that LAN, unless you allow it to do so with Inter VLAN routing. That is all Layer 3 type stuff.

bro67, Feb 16, 2017
  7. cyrock Win User
    I know what you mean, i do own a smart switch and im aware of vlans, im just debating with myself still on how to accomplish what i want. Through a vlan or something else like ICS to redirect that VPN connection to an ethernet port for example.

I just dont want my entire devices to use the VPN (mostly to bypass geo localisation), cause im using IP tv, that i could loose in that case.

cyrock, Feb 16, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Again you cannot use a VPN on a LAN, because it is meant to allow a tunnel to a remote location, or like those of us that use them to get through the BBC wall to watch BBC channels for programs in the UK and elsewhere. You can play around with trying to make it work in a Lab type environment. That would mean two separate LAN's and a way to make the Gateway's think that they are using the Internet.

bro67, Feb 17, 2017
  9. cyrock Win User
    Thx again for replying and giving me some advices.
    After all, i decided to use smarDNS for my needs and put the DNS on my device itself so i can use it the way i want too.

ALso using ICS i'm able to forward the VPN connection via Ethernet (second network card) to a specific device.

I definitly didnt want to setup a new vlan at the moment.

*cheers*

cyrock, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VPN Sharing to a specific IP - - Similar Threads - VPN Sharing specific

2. VPN Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Sharing: I have setup VPN Sharing on a Win 10 machine by sharing the main Internet connection with a 2nd Network Card, the connection is working but the speed through the 2nd card is only around 1/4 of the main connection, anyone have any suggestions, I am through Private Internet...
  3. IP IN VPN

IP IN VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. Website from which I download this document I want that system to see me as a new user every time when I go on there.I tried vpn,...
  4. Change IP by using VPN

Change IP by using VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. I would really appreciate it if you help. [Original Title: IP in VPN]...
  5. IP in VPN

IP in VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. I would really appreciate it if you help....
  6. VPN Shared key

VPN Shared key: I'm trying to set up my computer so my wife can dial in to work like so many are force to do. I setup the built in VPN client for Win 10 and we can't connect, their IT guy isn't much help but I think it has something to do with the shared key option. They have a key that...
  7. Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP

Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP: Hi for several years both in win7 and now win10 I have a VPN to a remote Draytek router in the UK. All worked very well. BUT: Between July this year and now (Oct) something has changed and exceeds my expertise to correct. I can set things to either: (a) connect to sites...
  8. file sharing & VPN

file sharing & VPN: so i mademade a simple (virtual) network with hyper-v. i made 3 new virtual machines, 2 with windows server 2016 and 1 with windows 10. all of this can be seen in the pictured i have add. the first machine we configured was one of the server 2016 machines and we made it our...
  9. VPN IP address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN IP address: I'm using VPN from Avast and its information tells me its address is 5.62.43.85. However a warning message from Microsoft this morning told me there was a login from 5.62.43.33, giving a map suggesting it was from the Manchester area. However the Avast address seems to be...
  10. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...