Windows 10: VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

Discus and support VPN TCP/IP 4 properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; unable to select the TCP/IP 4 properties on the vpn connection. I am able to select the network properties tab, however when I try to select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kcdubose, Jul 31, 2015.

1. kcdubose Win User

VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

unable to select the TCP/IP 4 properties on the vpn connection. I am able to select the network properties tab, however when I try to select the properties button for the tcp 4 properties nothing happens. I need to be able to change the dns option for my vpn. I have tried it both with the vpn connected and disconnected

:)

kcdubose, Jul 31, 2015

2. Can't change Windows 10 VPN TCP/IP properties

So I need to edit the properties of my VPN's TCP/IP properties but clicking on properties does nothing.

My normal adapter settings work. The VPN works but I still need to change the settings. I have seen that this a problem for others on the internet as well but no solution.

ShaneHooper, Jul 31, 2015
  3. TCP/IP Properties of an PPTP VPN Connection

Anyone from MS answering?

Is there a fix from MS for this bug?

Not the work around, that has been out for a long time, a real fix.

When you have to start hitting the command line for something like this, it makes you think of Linux.

Wait, every GUI we use in Linux lets you do this without the command line.

My users will have to have scripts written for the convoluted way to connect, one click must be dead.

God knows what we'll run into when Windows 10 gets rolled out and have to use it every day, I dread that, 240+ phone calls/emails a day.

Well at least they have figured out how to put ads in the OS, good for them.

Timothy_Brown, Jul 31, 2015
  4. ppolak Win User

VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

I have the same problem. I cannot edit protocols properties for dial-up VPN interfaces. For some of the connections I need to customize DNS, for another disable default gateway. Both are crucial for me and because I can see the problem on all Windows 10 around me I think it's a software bug.

ppolak, Aug 5, 2015
  5. ppolak Win User
    ppolak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

1. VPN TCP/IP 4 properties - Similar Threads - VPN TCP properties

2. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  3. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  4. TCP/IP interface metric issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TCP/IP interface metric issue: There is a common issue the company I work at recently has had. The issue begins when we move an associate to work using our new VPN solution and then the interface metric of that VPN's TAP adapter matches the interface metric of their wired ethernet connection.We resolve...
  5. TCP/IPv4 Properties

TCP/IPv4 Properties: Hello . I have one question . I have currently a DNS server addresses configured inside the router settings configuration . the question is : is better also set in the "use the following DNS server addresses " the same DNS server addresses that are set in the...
  6. IP IN VPN

IP IN VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. Website from which I download this document I want that system to see me as a new user every time when I go on there.I tried vpn,...
  7. IP in VPN

IP in VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. I would really appreciate it if you help....
  8. GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties

GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties: Hi, Is there a way to hide or disabled and not giving the user the privileges to change the DNS IP settings in TCP/IP properties. Can GPO be used in this case. Regards, Saras Chander.E...
  9. VPN IP address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN IP address: I'm using VPN from Avast and its information tells me its address is 5.62.43.85. However a warning message from Microsoft this morning told me there was a login from 5.62.43.33, giving a map suggesting it was from the Manchester area. However the Avast address seems to be...
  10. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...