Windows 10: VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

Discus and support VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the virtual reality market poised to take off, several VR headset manufacturers are creating a nonprofit to foster the industry and develop best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

Read more: VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Dec 7, 2016
  2. Mark Isi Win User

How to rotate image in VR Headset

Hello Larry,

Just to verify, are you referring to Mixed Reality headset? If it is a VR Headset you got from a different vendor, my suggestion is to reach out to the manufacturer's support online for further assistance with your VR headset.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mark Isi, Dec 7, 2016
  3. kburgoyne Win User
    "Mixed" Reality

For anyone else finding this thread, the short answer I found in the FAQ is the cameras on MR headsets canNOT do "pass through" and thus the headsets cannot do AR (augmented reality) in imitation of what Hololens does.

MR headsets are fundamentally like VR headsets, but with more motion freedom. A VR (virtual reality) headset tracks only a person's head movement -- meaning only movement by the neck. A MR headset tracks head movement AND body movement within a bounded
    "safety" area.

While MR is really cool, it is a very unfortunate shortcoming that the headsets don't support using their tracking cameras to provide an augmented reality experience as an option. I'd fully expect to see MR headsets which support AR start appearing in a
    year or two.

kburgoyne, Dec 7, 2016
Thema:

VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

1. VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association - Similar Threads - headset manufacturers launch

2. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  3. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  4. Send much higher than received when running Oculus VR virtual reality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send much higher than received when running Oculus VR virtual reality.: When I try to run a game specifically using a VR headset, I see the Send amount is much higher than received. This makes everything laggy and bad. When I run any other game/application, there is no issue with the Received amount of internet. I've already attempted to close...
  5. Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.: I received a new pre-built PC today and have been having issues with blue screens while using SteamVR. After booting up my virtual reality headset, I'm able to use it for anywhere from 1~5 minutes before it blue screens and crashes the PC. The event viewer has WHEA errors 18...
  6. Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.: I received a new pre-built PC today and have been having issues with blue screens while using SteamVR. After booting up my virtual reality headset, I'm able to use it for anywhere from 1~5 minutes before it blue screens and crashes the PC. The event viewer has WHEA errors 18...
  7. Microsoft now shipping HoloLens 2 mixed reality headset to customers VR-Holo

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now shipping HoloLens 2 mixed reality headset to customers VR-Holo: Redmond, Washington – The first time people don the new HoloLens 2 on their heads, the device automatically gets to know them: It measures everything from the precise shape of their hands to the exact distance between their eyes. The artificial intelligence research and...
  8. virtual reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual reality: Can I use my PS4 vr headset on my hp pavillion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-reality/b2d206b5-61a6-4584-b295-4928bf584bbd
  9. Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?: For a good, no BS VR, it can be quite expensive. The one I have in mind is ……..Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset – 64GB And that is the cheapest one, around $300 CDN. MY question is : Is it worth it ? Yes, I have "playing games" in mind. I bet the pure gamers...
  10. Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets: [ATTACH] Earlier this year, we shared that we are building a completely new browser called Firefox Reality. The mixed reality team at Mozilla set out to build a web browser that has been designed from the ground up to work on stand-alone virtual and augmented reality (or...