Windows 10: VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh

Discus and support VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After years of stagnation, there is finally a reason to upgrade your desktop, if VR and AR are your thing. I have in my possession a symbol of why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh

Source: VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh | ZDNet

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  2. Trust_No1 Win User

VR will have the same impact as BluRay. It is fine for a little bit, but no one wants to sit around all day wearing a piece of head gear just to interact with a PC. I think gamer enthusiasts will be the ultimate buyer here.

:)

Trust_No1, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    desktop icon takes almost 2 secs to reappear after refresh

Too many desktop icons always slows down any Windows screen refresh. That's always been a fact of life in any operating system, but 2 secs is hardly a long time unless your real name is Usain Bolt!

Erdeslawe, Jun 19, 2016
  4. VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh

desktop icon takes almost 2 secs to reappear after refresh

when i right click on desktop i immediately get the context menu but when i click refresh the refresh is slow and icons take almost 2 secs to reappear back on the screen

MohitSaxena, Jun 19, 2016
  5. Ditto to gamers wanting to try it out. Might be useful for CAD design and 3D printing too. Once the price comes down.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh

1. VR will ignite a slow-burning desktop hardware refresh - Similar Threads - ignite slow burning

2. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  3. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  4. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  5. Desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop refresh: When I delete a file from the Desktop and it goes to the Recycle Bin and I empty the Recycle Bin, the file shows back up on the desktop with 0 bytes and when I try to delete it again, it says the file can't be found and then I have to press F5 for it to go away....
  6. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757
  7. Slow burn speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow burn speeds: I was having slow burn speeds and noticed that under recording in my BD properties it was set to use my SSD (I use it for OS boot only so it is only 60GB). I switched to using my data drive (1TB) and my transfer speeds jumped to over twice the speed. I did the last Windows...
  8. Slow refresh of icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow refresh of icons: When accessing certain folders e.g. folder with loads of movies (mkv) The file explorer takes ages to show the files and the green progress bar at the top takes ages to load. All the movie thumbnails slowly start appearing... In windows 7 this was kinda...
  9. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...
  10. OneDrive burns brightly at Microsoft Ignite

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive burns brightly at Microsoft Ignite: We’ve had an incredible week here in Chicago! There have been so many cool innovation announcements from all over the company. OneDrive is benefiting from many of these broader Microsoft investments but we’ve also spent this week outlining more details of the features we’re...