Windows 10: VT-X not available after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Discus and support VT-X not available after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro, Virtual Box and VMware is giving me a message saying that Intel VT-X is not available. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by caiusherron#, Jul 26, 2018.

1. VT-X not available after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

After upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro, Virtual Box and VMware is giving me a message saying that Intel VT-X is not available.

Before upgrading from windows 7, it was showing up as enabled in VMW and VB, now it isn't with windows 10 installed, And yes, it is enabled in the dell BIOS, Now I cant access my windows XP 64bit install on Virtual box, any ideas?

Processer: Centrino2

System processer info: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo PCU T9900 @ 3.06 GHz 3.07 GHz

Ram: 4.00 GB <-- Not much, but gets the job done, and faster than 7.

System: Windows 10 Pro

Type: 64-BIT 64x.

Dell: Latitude e6500.

:)

caiusherron#, Jul 26, 2018
  2. AmitWF Win User

VT x is not available in BIOS

Hi,

I am working on Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500, having windows 10 OS. I am trying to run a Windows 7 virtual machine using VMware workstation player 12 but it shows Intel VT-x is disabled in BIOS, but in BIOS I don't see this option
    at all. I have searched on intel site that this particular model T4500 doesn't support VT-x. Is there any turn around. If I use Virtualbox will that solve my problem.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

AmitWF, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Kronvict Win User

VT-X not available after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

It seems there's still confusion. It is very clear from this post "The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog" that for the first year it's available, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have Windows 7 or 8. You will not pay for it. After that year is up, nothing will happen to your Windows 10 license. If you do not upgrade within that year, however, you will have to pay for an upgrade. The offer expires after a year, not the upgrade.

Kronvict, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

VT-X not available after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

1. VT-X not available after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 - Similar Threads - available upgrade

2. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  3. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  4. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  5. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  6. Picture Password Login not available after 23H2 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Password Login not available after 23H2 upgrade.: Hello,We recently upgraded all our domain users to 23H2 build of Windows 11, and now the picture password is no longer available.Through inTune we have the "Turn off picture password sign-in" set to "disabled".In the registry, the BlockPicturePassword exists with a value of...
  7. Picture Password Login not available after 23H2 upgrade.

Picture Password Login not available after 23H2 upgrade.: Hello,We recently upgraded all our domain users to 23H2 build of Windows 11, and now the picture password is no longer available.Through inTune we have the "Turn off picture password sign-in" set to "disabled".In the registry, the BlockPicturePassword exists with a value of...
  8. repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails: I'm working on a friends laptop that is very flakey. Its hard to work on because its continually trying to download and install updates.SFC has found errors.I've tried DISM - source files could not be found. And various fixes - none worked.So I'm trying to do a repair...
  9. repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails

repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails: I'm working on a friends laptop that is very flakey. Its hard to work on because its continually trying to download and install updates.SFC has found errors.I've tried DISM - source files could not be found. And various fixes - none worked.So I'm trying to do a repair...
  10. repair upgrade - keep apps and files not available. DISM also fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1903 no vt/x available

2. windows 10 1809 grabs vt-x

3. after upgrade to win 10 there is no vt-x